• 141(current)
Arctic: Zephyr 2
(2019-06-16, 17:01)joostzilla Wrote:
(2019-06-16, 03:17)jurialmunkey Wrote: 0.9.34 - New PVR osd

Introducing a new PVR osd layout for osdchannels osdguide osdinfo and osdcontrols.
Available on github:
https://github.com/jurialmunkey/skin.arc...ag/v0.9.34

Wow, these new OSD's look awesome. Very clever way of design.

What i miss though is:
- Programme info (would be nice to have in a rectangle on the right of the left osd)
- step forward/backward in sec/min indication

For the info - that's exactly what I have planned! Hopefully should have an update either tonight or tomorrow Big Grin

Yeah I just realised I don't have the current playing time in the standard info box, so that will be fixed and thus also seeking indication.
Arctic Fuse - Alpha now available. Support me on Ko-fi.
(2019-06-16, 17:02)effe.rnr Wrote:
(2019-06-16, 01:00)jurialmunkey Wrote:
(2019-06-15, 00:34)effe.rnr Wrote: I would really appreciate if you could implement picture/description support in PVR-Channels/Guide like it is in https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=337862

thx!
Can you be a bit more specific? And maybe provide a screenshot? I don't have time to go trawling through threads and other skins trying to figure out what you are asking...  

sorry, shure!

In the screenshots you see picture support für pvr channels and pvr guide, how it's implemented in the arctic zephyr leia-mod 

Besides this, I've notice a little bug: The stars of the imdb ratings aren't displayed correct.

And are you planning to bring back the description in the new pvr osd? I really liked it, when skipping through the channels.

Thank you a lot for your work!

Ah okay - much clearer! Yes, definitely will be some of these info features via skinhelper being implemented. Now that I actually have a working PVR makes a huge difference to being able to skin these sections properly! (Big shoutout to Matt Huisman's Australian IPTV add-ons for Freeview and Foxtel Go! - https://www.matthuisman.nz/)

Yes description will be coming back - still quite a few tweaks to add in.

The star issue is probably because that font doesn't have a star character. You could try switching plot fonts to Roboto (Skin Settings > Library > Plot boxes uses Roboto) [you need to scroll down to see the option].
(2019-06-16, 22:44)NeroBoron Wrote: I set "Auto close OSD controls afterdelay" to nothing for music and it works if press the info button. But after a new song starts the info will always disappear after a few seconds.
Could you please change that? Smile

This looks awesome Smile  what do i have to do to get it shown? it currently only shows the icon and now playing information

That's not a skin issue because it stays up fine for me after pressing info. The autoclose only relates to the controls anyway, not the info.
I remember reading something about this info issue ages ago (it's some Kodi setting), but I can't remember what the solution was.

There's also an advancedsettings section for the duration that song info stays up after a song change. It might be related to that:
https://kodi.wiki/view/Advancedsettings....foduration

For PVR channels, you need to bind a key to
ActivateWindow(pvrosdchannels)

I think it is "C" on keyboard by default. You can also access it by bringing up the osd controls and then pressing up/down.
I updated the repo this morning Wink
(2019-06-16, 23:36)jurialmunkey Wrote: Nope that action is completely wrong. You will need to reset that menu item to the correct skin search window by selecting "Action" and the going to "Common Items > Search".

The search function command should be
Skin.SetString(SearchTerm) 

Thanks a lot!
That did the trick...

Thanks again for your time and effort on this beautiful skin.

Cheers from Germany
(2019-06-17, 04:44)drinfernoo Wrote: I updated the repo this morning Wink
Excellent. Thanks so much! Big Grin

Expect more regular updates from now on Wink
(2019-06-16, 23:53)jurialmunkey Wrote:
(2019-06-16, 22:44)NeroBoron Wrote: I set "Auto close OSD controls afterdelay" to nothing for music and it works if press the info button. But after a new song starts the info will always disappear after a few seconds.
Could you please change that? Smile

This looks awesome Smile  what do i have to do to get it shown? it currently only shows the icon and now playing information

That's not a skin issue because it stays up fine for me after pressing info. The autoclose only relates to the controls anyway, not the info.
I remember reading something about this info issue ages ago (it's some Kodi setting), but I can't remember what the solution was.

There's also an advancedsettings section for the duration that song info stays up after a song change. It might be related to that:
https://kodi.wiki/view/Advancedsettings....foduration

For PVR channels, you need to bind a key to
ActivateWindow(pvrosdchannels)

I think it is "C" on keyboard by default. You can also access it by bringing up the osd controls and then pressing up/down. 

Hmm okay, i'll check those out, thanks! Smile
Alright, i use a mce remote mapping on my ir remote so i guess I have to change some bindings on that remote or in kodi. Didn't even new that there is osd channel list Big Grin
(2019-06-16, 23:24)jurialmunkey Wrote:
(2019-06-16, 13:45)Blurayx Wrote:
(2019-06-16, 12:52)jurialmunkey Wrote: Which info bug?       
https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid...pid2843403

In the first post, Did you know you can click on the icon to the link lol Cool
https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid...pid2861468
Haha oops! I didn't see the link for some reason. Yes I will definitely be looking into that one soon! 
lol thanks Cool
Setup: LG OLED65B7 | Denon AVR X7200WA | OPPO UDP-203 4K Blu-Ray player | Nvidia Shield TV | KEF T205
My Favorite Skin: Arctic Horizon
(2019-06-14, 03:21)Dan_of_Earth Wrote: so I see to be having an issue with my info screen.  I just can't get it to function properly.  I think the issue must be on my end because if other users' screenshots it seems to work perfectly.  The problem is that the cast list pictures don't load in and the additional info like "by director" or "similar movies" either begins to load and disappears or doesn't load at all.  this is what my info screens look like.  Any suggestions would be helpful please.ImageImage
@jurialmunkey any ideas as to how I might be able to fix this issue?
(2019-06-17, 12:57)Dan_of_Earth Wrote:
(2019-06-14, 03:21)Dan_of_Earth Wrote: so I see to be having an issue with my info screen.  I just can't get it to function properly.  I think the issue must be on my end because if other users' screenshots it seems to work perfectly.  The problem is that the cast list pictures don't load in and the additional info like "by director" or "similar movies" either begins to load and disappears or doesn't load at all.  this is what my info screens look like.  Any suggestions would be helpful please.ImageImage

Is this library content or from an add-on? I'm guessing it's an add-on since you are missing a Refresh or Ratings button. That's why you are missing cast member pictures - the add-on isn't supplying them. Likely also the issue with the other lists. Plus "In Collection", "Similar" and "Cast Feature In" only work with scanned library content.

I'm also guessing that you have modified version of extended info installed - hence the issues with the director list.

My only suggestion is to contact the authors of the add-ons that you are using.
@jurialmunkey, I have a small issue with the playing of LiveTV . It plays flawlessly however starts buffering/stuttering when getting in the guide or in the main menu (so when the now playing is not visible). However when enable 'Now playing in the background' the buffering/stuttering is gone and the LiveTV keeps playing perfectly.

It also happens in aura.
I have tested in Embuary and Estuary and in these skins the Now Playing LiveTV does not rebuffer/stutter. I tend to say it's a AZ / Aura issue
@jurialmunkey,
In my movies information and Media info 2 screen not all in settings checked ratings are shown. For example imdb.
In Poster Showcase view they do show. So i know they are available.

In Aura they show where ever you designed it to be.
(2019-06-17, 13:11)jurialmunkey Wrote:
(2019-06-17, 12:57)Dan_of_Earth Wrote:

Is this library content or from an add-on? I'm guessing it's an add-on since you are missing a Refresh or Ratings button. That's why you are missing cast member pictures - the add-on isn't supplying them. Likely also the issue with the other lists. Plus "In Collection", "Similar" and "Cast Feature In" only work with scanned library content.

I'm also guessing that you have modified version of extended info installed - hence the issues with the director list.

well i thought that might have been the case however it works fine in aura, the cast list that is.  I was using extended info and recently installed openinfo in an attempt to get it working, however they are one in the same if im not mistaken
(2019-06-17, 22:09)Dan_of_Earth Wrote:
(2019-06-17, 13:11)jurialmunkey Wrote:
(2019-06-17, 12:57)Dan_of_Earth Wrote: @jurialmunkey any ideas as to how I might be able to fix this issue? 

well i thought that might have been the case however it works fine in aura, the cast list that is.  I was using extended info and recently installed openinfo in an attempt to get it working, however they are one in the same if im not mistaken

The cast list in Aura uses skin helper to pull the list from online - but often you end up with a false-positive where the wrong cast list is shown. In AZ2 I'm just using the inbuilt kodi cast list to avoid this problem. My suggestion is to contact the add-on author to get them to include cast images.
(2019-06-17, 13:22)joostzilla Wrote: @jurialmunkey, I have a small issue with the playing of LiveTV . It plays flawlessly however starts buffering/stuttering when getting in the guide or in the main menu (so when the now playing is not visible). However when enable 'Now playing in the background' the buffering/stuttering is gone and the LiveTV keeps playing perfectly.

It also happens in aura.
I have tested in Embuary and Estuary and in these skins the Now Playing LiveTV does not rebuffer/stutter. I tend to say it's a AZ / Aura issue

Is there a reason why you can't use that option? Sounds like your solution is right there in your post.
  • 141(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Arctic: Zephyr 226