• 16(current)
Beta Amber for Leia with Skinshortcuts
(2019-06-17, 01:00)bsoriano Wrote: The widgets that should show Season posters are all episode widgets.  There is no setting you need to change.
I'm getting season poster. What I'm not getting is the "Season XX" label.
Supercalifragilisticexpialidocious! (inscribed in large friendly letters)
My hardware is a Raspberry Pi 3b (with LibreELEC)
(2019-06-17, 01:00)bsoriano Wrote: The widgets that should show Season posters are all episode widgets.  There is no setting you need to change.
I'm getting season poster. What I'm not getting is the "Season XX" label.

Sorry, I retry the comment
@bsoriano  I have reinstalled kodi and PKC on my s912, I'm just waiting on PKC to finish it's image caching.

It seems @edjalmo can't get the widget label to show either, but "is" getting season posters rather than show posters.

Seems to me like maybe the widgets don't like being changed once they have been set, hopefully with this fresh install they will work.
@edjalmo  are you defiantly getting "season" posters on the widget ?

Show Poster

Season Poster
(2019-06-17, 03:53)treboR2Robert Wrote: It seems @edjalmo can't get the widget label to show either, but "is" getting season posters rather than show posters.

Seems to me like maybe the widgets don't like being changed once they have been set, hopefully with this fresh install they will work.
But is not to show season poster?
See Mr. Robot posters
But not getting the label "Season Xx"
(2019-06-17, 04:01)edjalmo Wrote:
(2019-06-17, 03:53)treboR2Robert Wrote: It seems @edjalmo can't get the widget label to show either, but "is" getting season posters rather than show posters.

But is not to show season poster?
See Mr. Robot posters
But not getting the label "Season Xx"

You will not get the Season xx label on single episodes. Only when episodes are grouped. And for that you need to use the Recently added episodes widget from Skin Helper Service Widgets (found in Additional widgets). Also you need to configure skin helper service widgets to group episodes, like @treboR2Robert pointed out in a previous post.

Regards,

Bart
(2019-06-17, 04:10)bsoriano Wrote: You will not get the Season xx label on single episodes. Only when episodes are grouped. And for that you need to use the Recently added episodes widget from Skin Helper Service Widgets (found in Additional widgets). Also you need to configure skin helper service widgets to group episodes, like @treboR2Robert pointed out in a previous post.

Regards,

Bart

Right!
I did this and "Season xx" label show up.
Thanks!
Well I feel rather SILLY now.

All this time I have been selecting the "Recently Added TV Shows" widget.

I did not realise there was more widgets for episodes.

The PKC widgets are just TV show widgets or Movie Widgets.

Everything seems to be hunky dory now anyway. Rolleyes

Very Sorry, for the inconvenience caused.

Such an IDIOT !
(2019-06-17, 04:42)treboR2Robert Wrote: Well I feel rather SILLY now.

All this time I have been selecting the "Recently Added TV Shows" widget.

I did not realise there was more widgets for episodes.

The PKC widgets are just TV show widgets or Movie Widgets.

Everything seems to be hunky dory now anyway. Rolleyes

Very Sorry, for the inconvenience caused.

Such an IDIOT !
@treboR2Robert no worries! I am sorry I was not more specific as to exactly what widget I was testing with.  I am glad it's working for you! Smile

Regards,

Bart
Oh so we have to add manually the widgets, it works!

Quick question, how can I put Recently added episodes and Last played series in the same sheld but 2 different rows? Like the old Jarvis like menu, so no need to page up and down for the information?
(2019-06-17, 17:45)Merwenus Wrote: Oh so we have to add manually the widgets, it works!

Quick question, how can I put Recently added episodes and Last played series in the same sheld but 2 different rows? Like the old Jarvis like menu, so no need to page up and down for the information?
@Merwenus, enable the setting "Show Two Shelves Together" in Amber Settings, Home Layout.  Make sure that the widgets you want to show are widgets 1 and 2, since those are the only ones shown when this option is enabled.

Regards,

Bart
Movies or TV Episodes aren't being removed after I have watched them. They just get a check mark. I want then to disappear after I have watched them, how do I enable something to make this happen.

Another thing I have noticed, in the Recently Added Movies row,  the movies are listed aphabely, not in the order they where added. I'd prefer them to appear in the order they where added, how do I make this happen.

This is how it was with the old Kodi 17 amber.
(2019-06-17, 19:34)timmins Wrote: Movies or TV Episodes aren't being removed after I have watched them. They just get a check mark. I want then to disappear after I have watched them, how do I enable something to make this happen.

Another thing I have noticed, in the Recently Added Movies row,  the movies are listed aphabely, not in the order they where added. I'd prefer them to appear in the order they where added, how do I make this happen.

This is how it was with the old Kodi 17 amber.

@timmins, you can use the skin helper service widgets recently added movies or TV shows widget, and configure the addon to not show watched items.

As for the recently added movies, do you have the latest from Git? I fixed over the weekend a problem with widget sorting. If you do have the latest, did you configure the widget to sort by dateadded, descending? If you did and it doesn't work, please let me know which widget exactly are you using (default, additional?). Thanks.

Regards,

Bart
(2019-06-17, 18:01)bsoriano Wrote: @Merwenus, enable the setting "Show Two Shelves Together" in Amber Settings, Home Layout.  Make sure that the widgets you want to show are widgets 1 and 2, since those are the only ones shown when this option is enabled.

Regards,

Bart 
Thanks, It did the trick, played with it in the last few hours, and found 2 annoyance, mostly because it slows down the flow of GUI.

1) When I select an item in the shelves it changes background and it is pretty distracting and it is slow for my device but I can't find a way to disable it.
2) It refreshes every shelf everytime it change menu, Series->Movies->Series in a few seconds and the items disappear then popup again, and it is pretty slow for series at least for me. It takes 3-5 seconds to load Suggested episodes.
3) How can I add specific items to Addons shelf like before? I can add every program extension, or video addon but can't add only HBO GO, Netflix, etc.
4) Pictures shelf acts funny, at least for me Smile when I add my pictures folder (inside 1998->2019 folders) sort by title ascending and the array is 2004, 2016, 2008, 2010, 2003 etc, so out of order.
(2019-06-17, 20:36)Merwenus Wrote:
(2019-06-17, 18:01)bsoriano Wrote: @Merwenus, enable the setting "Show Two Shelves Together" in Amber Settings, Home Layout.  Make sure that the widgets you want to show are widgets 1 and 2, since those are the only ones shown when this option is enabled.

Regards,

Bart 
Thanks, It did the trick, played with it in the last few hours, and found 2 annoyance, mostly because it slows down the flow of GUI.

1) When I select an item in the shelves it changes background and it is pretty distracting and it is slow for my device but I can't find a way to disable it.
2) It refreshes every shelf everytime it change menu, Series->Movies->Series in a few seconds and the items disappear then popup again, and it is pretty slow for series at least for me. It takes 3-5 seconds to load Suggested episodes.
3) How can I add specific items to Addons shelf like before? I can add every program extension, or video addon but can't add only HBO GO, Netflix, etc.
4) Pictures shelf acts funny, at least for me Smile when I add my pictures folder (inside 1998->2019 folders) sort by title ascending and the array is 2004, 2016, 2008, 2010, 2003 etc, so out of order. 
@Merwenus, thank you for your feedback.

1. You can choose to disable fanart for each widget, there is an option in the widget configuration (it is a per-widget setting, not a global one).
2. I am aware of this issue, and the solution is a big rewrite of the widget code.  This will take me at least a couple of weeks to achieve.
3. The only way to do that at this time is to add each addon as a favourite, and then add the favourites widget to whatever menu item you want.
4. I need to look into this, I had not noticed this yet.

Again, thank you for your feedback; please keep on testing and let me know what else you find.  Thanks.

Regards,

Bart
  • 16(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Amber for Leia with Skinshortcuts1