Made the switch to Raspverry Pi. Is Titan compatible?
My 9 yr old Zotac Zbox crapped out & the only skin I've been using for years is Titan. Is there a compatible version of Titan for the Raspberry Pi 3 model B+ running OSMC ? If so, please tell me which one. Thanks, & thanks for creating a great skin!
(2019-06-16, 21:17)jz1276 Wrote: My 9 yr old Zotac Zbox crapped out & the only skin I've been using for years is Titan. Is there a compatible version of Titan for the Raspberry Pi 3 model B+ running OSMC ? If so, please tell me which one. Thanks, & thanks for creating a great skin!

9 years out of a box is impressive. a Raspberry Pi is a lil on underpowered side to run titan well on 1 GB of Ram. I highly recommend you pick up an Nvidia shield 3 GB of Ram if you are looking for a new box to replace your old one. You can of course try it on the Ras Pi if you already have that kit give Bingie a try let us know how it goes. I couldn't get it to run on a MXQ pro 4k with 1 GB of Ram.
Running Matrix Titan Bingie Mod skin on Nvidia Shield to Insignia 58in 4k TV in living room. Same setup on Xiaomi Mi boxes in my bedroom and home gym. Same setup in camper with a 24in tv, Google Pixel 7 Android 13 cell phone. Kodi and Plex Server Dell Inspirion 5575 Ryzen 5 HTPC Windows 10 with 5TB external HDD
I'd go for a lighter skin... Maybe you can get away with embruary though. If u insist on tryin titan/bingie, try editing the addon.xml file on the skin dir and remove the required import for skin helper service so u could disable it in kodi. I lt will eliminate some features but will maybe be able to run OK.
(2019-06-17, 12:44)cscott1 Wrote:
(2019-06-16, 21:17)jz1276 Wrote: My 9 yr old Zotac Zbox crapped out & the only skin I've been using for years is Titan. Is there a compatible version of Titan for the Raspberry Pi 3 model B+ running OSMC ? If so, please tell me which one. Thanks, & thanks for creating a great skin!

9 years out of a box is impressive. a Raspberry Pi is a lil on underpowered side to run titan well on 1 GB of Ram. I highly recommend you pick up an Nvidia shield 3 GB of Ram if you are looking for a new box to replace your old one. You can of course try it on the Ras Pi if you already have that kit give Bingie a try let us know how it goes. I couldn't get it to run on a MXQ pro 4k with 1 GB of Ram.      
  The Zotac Zbox was a great machine. It cost around $500 so I definitely got my $ worth. I'm almost certain the motherboard is no good so the cost to repair it would've been more than replacing it with something new but I can't bring myself to just throw it away lol.

I originally planned on replacing the Zotac with the Nvidia Shield but I've been using a Pi 3 Model A+ in the bedroom for years which runs Kodi very well so I figured the newer Pi 3 B+ would run it even better, which it does. I got the entire Pi set up for less than $50 (the Pi is on sale at Micro Center for $25, the case $6 & a 128GB micro SD card for $14) which is way cheaper than the $200 Shield. The Zotac was able to passthrough DTS-MA / Dolby True HD and run any skin available which I was surprised to learn the Pi won't after setting it up. For the price, size and how silent it is I don't mind though.
I couldn't;t get titan to run smoothly on a firestick , then tried on a micool bb2  box with 3gb ram , still wouldn't run smoothly , so I would suggest that Rpi would have no chance.
(2019-06-18, 09:00)ontap Wrote: I couldn't;t get titan to run smoothly on a firestick , then tried on a micool bb2  box with 3gb ram , still wouldn't run smoothly , so I would suggest that Rpi would have no chance.
yeah I get the firestick not working but the Micool shouldn't have any problems if set up right I just read the specs on it and it has comparable even better hardware than my Xiaomi Mi Box and it runs Titan fine.
Running Matrix Titan Bingie Mod skin on Nvidia Shield to Insignia 58in 4k TV in living room. Same setup on Xiaomi Mi boxes in my bedroom and home gym. Same setup in camper with a 24in tv, Google Pixel 7 Android 13 cell phone. Kodi and Plex Server Dell Inspirion 5575 Ryzen 5 HTPC Windows 10 with 5TB external HDD
(2019-06-18, 12:51)cscott1 Wrote:
(2019-06-18, 09:00)ontap Wrote: I couldn't;t get titan to run smoothly on a firestick , then tried on a micool bb2  box with 3gb ram , still wouldn't run smoothly , so I would suggest that Rpi would have no chance.
yeah I get the firestick not working but the Micool shouldn't have any problems if set up right I just read the specs on it and it has comparable even better hardware than my Xiaomi Mi Box and it runs Titan fine. 

I suppose its how you define "running OK " , even on my iMac, with an upgraded ssd, titan just doesn't cut it for me, every time it boots there's a delay while the spotlight loads widgets are a bit sticky when scrolling , just not the skin for me.
I have got Titan to work on my Raspberry Pi 3 and Raspberry Pi 3 Model B+ Extremely Smoothly.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Made the switch to Raspverry Pi. Is Titan compatible?0