• 142(current)
Release script.extendedinfo
(2017-03-01, 19:46)aeneas1 Wrote:
(2017-02-15, 17:31)nvsquared Wrote:
(2017-02-08, 17:28)TheSwede1970 Wrote: Same issue here...

The issue is that the latest extendedinfo script has been made to work with Kodi 18 Leia. In Kodi 18 Leia, the function System.HasModalDialog has been changed to System.HasActiveModalDialog. This causes the error "Could not find valid content type". To fix it for Kodi 17 look in your addon directory and open the file process.py ("C:\Users\yourusername\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\script.extendedinfo\resources\lib") .

Look for the line:
if xbmc.getCondVisibility("System.HasActiveModalDialog")

should be line 263 and change it to

if xbmc.getCondVisibility("System.HasModalDialog").

Hope the original author can fix it in an update to work with both Kodi 17 and 18. 
bam! works like a charm, thanks!

question, how do i hide certain addons in the addons list? don't want the list cluttered with addons that aren't frequently used, for example the extended info addon is pretty much a set-it-once and forget proposition.... 
Doesn't work. no matter what kodi version on windows 10 or windows 7.
(2019-05-18, 21:58)piko Wrote:
(2019-05-18, 20:07)piko Wrote:
(2019-05-14, 13:54)Sharan123 Wrote: I've just figured it out! 
Goal was to build the youtube_dl from the second link , build it and then replace the built youtube_dl folder with the youtube_dl folder (aka. core) from the /.kodi/addons/script.module.youtube.dl/lib/ path 
Now everything works ! As for the quality i think there is a setting in the youtube_dl (a numeric value) that can set the vid quality if im not wrong.  
Can you please put ready folder (youtube_dl folder) in zip here? I guess I not so smart to buld it.  
youtube_dl.zip 

Hi... hey, could you repost youtube_dl.zip file please... I would like to download it...
Thanks!!!
(2019-06-13, 18:47)lynxstrike Wrote:
(2019-05-18, 21:58)piko Wrote:
(2019-05-18, 20:07)piko Wrote: Can you please put ready folder (youtube_dl folder) in zip here? I guess I not so smart to buld it.  
youtube_dl.zip 

Hi... hey, could you repost youtube_dl.zip file please... I would like to download it...
Thanks!!! 
Anyone have the fix? Thanks
(2019-06-16, 17:47)r0ck0 Wrote:
(2019-06-13, 18:47)lynxstrike Wrote:
(2019-05-18, 21:58)piko Wrote: youtube_dl.zip

Thanks!!!  
get it directly from github  https://github.com/ytdl-org/youtube-dl
Use the "clone or download" button to download the zip.  Extract the youtube_dl folder from this zip and replace the one in script.module.youtube.dl

scott s.
(2019-06-17, 15:56)scott967 Wrote:
(2019-06-16, 17:47)r0ck0 Wrote:
(2019-06-13, 18:47)lynxstrike Wrote: Hi... hey, could you repost youtube_dl.zip file please... I would like to download it...
Thanks!!!  
Use the "clone or download" button to download the zip.  Extract the youtube_dl folder from this zip and replace the one in script.module.youtube.dl

scott s.

@scott967 

It doesn't work. You have to make some process to make it work... That's what I don't know how to do.
@Sharan123 did it... and posted the zip file for youtube-dl working. But then delated it...
I was wondering if he could reposted it... or someone who has it...
Why bother with the youtube dl at all?
I just use the solution from xodi
This way you will use the properly maintained youtube addon where the dev will update it if there are any new issues.
(2019-06-17, 17:46)lynxstrike Wrote:
(2019-06-16, 17:47)r0ck0 Wrote: Anyone have the fix? Thanks   

scott s.

@scott967 

It doesn't work. You have to make some process to make it work... That's what I don't know how to do.
@piko did it... and posted the zip file for youtube-dl working. But then delated it...
Ya need something that works on kodi for android.
(2019-06-16, 17:47)r0ck0 Wrote: Anyone have the fix? Thanks    

scott s.

@scott967 

@Sharan123 did it... and posted the zip file for youtube-dl working. But then delated it...
Don't know what to say.  I just downloaded now from the youtube-dl repo (file dates seem to be June 15 latest) and replaced the files in script.module.youtube.dl and it works fine for youtube using the official youtube addon to find a video file.  I didn't need to make any "process".  I did delete all the .pyo files but I don't think that's necessary.

scott s.
(2019-06-18, 16:30)scott967 Wrote:
(2019-06-17, 15:56)scott967 Wrote: get it directly from github  https://github.com/ytdl-org/youtube-dl

scott s.

@scott967 

Don't know what to say.  I just downloaded now from the youtube-dl repo (file dates seem to be June 15 latest) and replaced the files in script.module.youtube.dl and it works fine for youtube using the official youtube addon to find a video file.  I didn't need to make any "process".  I did delete all the .pyo files but I don't think that's necessary.

scott s.
it worked on Android.
(2019-06-18, 16:30)scott967 Wrote:
(2019-06-17, 15:56)scott967 Wrote: get it directly from github  https://github.com/ytdl-org/youtube-dl

scott s.

@scott967 

scott s.

Jeezz... Maybe I'm doing something wrong...

But just to be clear... I have to download and copy the contents from the youtube-dl folder in github

and then

Replace the contents in the script.module.youtube-dl addon...

Just a quick observation: the contents are not the same. If I do as you say, the addon doesn't even launch...

Thanks for your patience Scott... Any ideas?

PS... all addons I have installed are official... except skin AeonMadnox.
(2019-06-19, 01:42)lynxstrike Wrote: Jeezz... Maybe I'm doing something wrong...

But just to be clear... I have to download and copy the contents from the youtube-dl folder in github

and then

Just a quick observation: the contents are not the same. If I do as you say, the addon doesn't even launch... 
You have to copy the content over in the youtube_dl folder like so: script.module.youtube.dl/lib/youtube_dl
not at the root folder of the addon
(2019-06-19, 03:20)vitorp07 Wrote:
(2019-06-19, 01:42)lynxstrike Wrote: Jeezz... Maybe I'm doing something wrong...

and then

You have to copy the content over in the youtube_dl folder like so: script.module.youtube.dl/lib/youtube_dl
not at the root folder of the addon 

@vitorp07 

Hey... you're the man!

Thanks for clarifying the exact location to copy the contents from github... worked like a charm!!!

Thumbs up!!!

Sincerely,
Why is the extended info add-on so slow on android shield TV? It works fine on my windows kodi computer.
On Kodi 18.3 Portable Estuary skin with TheMovieDB scraper I'm getting "TVShow Info not available" for all series. Any solution, please?

Log:
2019-07-25 07:21:38.275 T:5016   ERROR: Exception in thread Thread-1:
                                            Traceback (most recent call last):
                                              File "C:\Portable\Kodi\system\python\Lib\threading.py", line 801, in __bootstrap_inner
                                                self.run()
                                              File "C:\Portable\Kodi\system\python\Lib\threading.py", line 754, in run
                                                self.__target(*self.__args, **self.__kwargs)
                                              File "C:\Portable\Kodi\portable_data\addons\script.extendedinfo\resources\lib\dialogs\DialogBaseInfo.py", line 260, in get_youtube_vids
                                                vid_ids = [item.get_property("key") for item in self.lists["videos"]] if "videos" in self.lists else []
                                            TypeError: argument of type 'NoneType' is not iterable
2019-07-25 07:21:40.380 T:14268 WARNING: CPythonInvoker(9, C:\Portable\Kodi\portable_data\addons\script.extendedinfo\default.py): the python script "C:\Portable\Kodi\portable_data\addons\script.extendedinfo\default.py" has left several classes in memory that we couldn't clean up. The classes include: class XBMCAddon::xbmcgui::DialogBusy
  • 142(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
script.extendedinfo29