• 19(current)
Beta Amber for Leia with Skinshortcuts
I don't see any problem with the shelves either.

There is a tiny delay loading actor images on my s912 but nothing to worry about for me personally.

I think @edjalmo is using a raspberry pi so maybe it is to do with processing power.

Raspberry pi is slower than s912 and obvs s912 slower than pc
(2019-06-20, 16:33)bsoriano Wrote: I cannot reproduce the poster issue you mention, and I do not have any other platforms other than PC running Windows to test.

I understand you have the latest from Git, correct? I don't see a navigation issue when double row shelves are enabled, I can navigate between shelves correctly, both using horizontal and vertical menu.  Please let me know exactly what you are doing to see if I can reproduce.  Please remember that to switch between shelves you have to press Up.

I am not experiencing delay with the cast.  I will look into the spacing between the buttons row and the infos above and below it.  Thanks for pointing that out.
This posters issue doesn't happen on my PC (13-inch) but happened on my TV (50-inch). @treboR2Robert you experience this issue one your TV? If you could add add an episode of season 3 of Killing Eve to test (you could rename a file that you have to test). The issue is this https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?pid...pid2861688

Sorry, this issue is with show two shelves together and not with double row shelves. If you have 3,4... widgets, they will only show 2.

Maybe this issue with cast is because I use in a RPi, like @treboR2Robert said.

You consider add a button to show fanart? (if you look for code Estuary have this option).

Thanks!
Supercalifragilisticexpialidocious! (inscribed in large friendly letters)
My hardware is a Raspberry Pi 3b (with LibreELEC)
(2019-06-20, 17:11)edjalmo Wrote:
(2019-06-20, 16:33)bsoriano Wrote: I cannot reproduce the poster issue you mention, and I do not have any other platforms other than PC running Windows to test.

I understand you have the latest from Git, correct? I don't see a navigation issue when double row shelves are enabled, I can navigate between shelves correctly, both using horizontal and vertical menu.  Please let me know exactly what you are doing to see if I can reproduce.  Please remember that to switch between shelves you have to press Up.

I am not experiencing delay with the cast.  I will look into the spacing between the buttons row and the infos above and below it.  Thanks for pointing that out.
This posters issue doesn't happen on my PC (13-inch) but happened on my TV (50-inch). @treboR2Robert you experience this issue one your TV? If you could add add an episode of season 3 of Killing Eve to test (you could rename a file that you have to test). The issue is this https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?pid...pid2861688

Sorry, this issue is with show two shelves together and not with double row shelves. If you have 3,4... widgets, they will only show 2.

You consider add a button to show fanart? (if you look for code Estuary have this option).

Thanks!

I am out now, but I will try adding killing eve later and see what happens on my s912 and 55" TV.
(2019-06-20, 16:41)treboR2Robert Wrote:
(2019-06-20, 01:10)bsoriano Wrote: @treboR2Robert , I noticed this as well.  I have to investigate more to see if it is something I can control from the skin.  More to come on this.

Regards,

Bart

Cool, that will be good if you can work something out with the widget..

That was lucky about not having to redo all the code, I noticed yesterday that on Aeon Nox Silvo @Mr. V is credited as doing the widgets.
Nice of him to help you out with amber too.

What you just said about random fanart is already working for me I think.
I just select one of the PKC playlists as the background for each menu item.

I have noticed since I reinstalled everything on my s912 that I am no longer getting a poster for the osd when playing movies. It displays a small fanart pic that I don't know where it came from. (not from my plex)
I think it may be because this time when I installed PKC I selected yes when it asked about getting extra fanart.
Just thought maybe you could add an option to select what to display.
Or not, it's not really a problem I'll just do a fresh install again and press NO this time.

Thanks Rob 
@treboR2Robert , I found that the widget behaves like that no matter what skin you use, so it seems to be an issue with the addon.  I am not sure I can make it so when you click it goes to the season, but I will try.

In terms of the poster in the video OSD, what I am displaying is the "icon" associated with the media being played, which works well with all video media types, including PVR.  It seems that PKC is setting something other than the poster to be the "icon" for your movies.  I am not planning on adding an option to change what is displayed, I apologize.

Regards,

Bart
(2019-06-20, 17:11)edjalmo Wrote:

Thanks! 
@edjalmo , with two shelves together that is the way I coded it, it will only show the first two widgets; when I added that functionality, I mentioned that.  I apologize, I am not planning on changing that.

As for the cast, I think this has to do with Extendedinfo.  Could you please try disabling Extended Info in Amber Settings, Advanced, and see if it improves? Unfortunately, I don't know what I could do to speed that up; that addon is slow in my tests and there does not seem to be much maintenance going on for it.

I will look into showing fanart.

Regards,

Bart
(2019-06-20, 17:36)bsoriano Wrote: with two shelves together that is the way I coded it, it will only show the first two widgets; when I added that functionality, I mentioned that.  I apologize, I am not planning on changing that.

As for the cast, I think this has to do with Extendedinfo.  Could you please try disabling Extended Info in Amber Settings, Advanced, and see if it improves? Unfortunately, I don't know what I could do to speed that up; that addon is slow in my tests and there does not seem to be much maintenance going on for it.

Right! No problem, it's because I didn't know that!

I will try, but think this is not related with ExtendInfo.

Before you go, when you go look for showing fanart could you show movie tagline in plot too (but only when is clicked). You can center it, like title is, and put it in italic, to difference of plot text.
(2019-06-20, 17:31)bsoriano Wrote:
(2019-06-20, 16:41)treboR2Robert Wrote:
(2019-06-20, 01:10)bsoriano Wrote: @treboR2Robert , I noticed this as well.  I have to investigate more to see if it is something I can control from the skin.  More to come on this.

Regards,

Bart

Cool, that will be good if you can work something out with the widget..

That was lucky about not having to redo all the code, I noticed yesterday that on Aeon Nox Silvo @Mr. V is credited as doing the widgets.

I have noticed since I reinstalled everything on my s912 that I am no longer getting a poster for the osd when playing movies. It displays a small fanart pic that I don't know where it came from. (not from my plex)
I think it may be because this time when I installed PKC I selected yes when it asked about getting extra fanart.
Or not, it's not really a problem I'll just do a fresh install again and press NO this time.

Thanks Rob  
@treboR2Robert , I found that the widget behaves like that no matter what skin you use, so it seems to be an issue with the addon.  I am not sure I can make it so when you click it goes to the season, but I will try.

In terms of the poster in the video OSD, what I am displaying is the "icon" associated with the media being played, which works well with all video media types, including PVR.  It seems that PKC is setting something other than the poster to be the "icon" for your movies.  I am not planning on adding an option to change what is displayed, I apologize.

Regards,

Bart 
@treboR2Robert , I have not been able to find a way to go directly to the Season when you click the poster in the widget, because I don't have the tvshow id there and have not found a way to get it.  

Regards,

Bart
(2019-06-20, 19:04)bsoriano Wrote:
(2019-06-20, 17:31)bsoriano Wrote:
(2019-06-20, 16:41)treboR2Robert Wrote: Cool, that will be good if you can work something out with the widget..

Thanks Rob  

Regards,

Bart 
@treboR2Robert , I have not been able to find a way to go directly to the Season when you click the poster in the widget, because I don't have the tvshow id there and have not found a way to get it.  

Regards,

Bart

Hmm ok Bart no worries.

How about modding the "recently added TV shows" widget instead so it shows season poster and a label ?
(2019-06-20, 17:41)edjalmo Wrote:
(2019-06-20, 17:36)bsoriano Wrote: with two shelves together that is the way I coded it, it will only show the first two widgets; when I added that functionality, I mentioned that.  I apologize, I am not planning on changing that.

Right! No problem, it's because I didn't know that!

I will try, but think this is not related with ExtendInfo.

Before you go, when you go look for showing fanart could you show movie tagline in plot too (but only when is clicked). You can center it, like title is, and put it in italic, to difference of plot text. 

@edjalmo, please try the latest from Git.  I have added the "Show Fanart" button to the video info dialog, as well as showing the movie tagline in the text viewer dialog shown when you click the plot.  Thanks.

Regards,

Bart
Would it be any help looking at the code from openPHT ?

This is built on Kodi and does everything how we want it.

https://forums.plex.tv/t/release-openpht-1-8-0/185459
(2019-06-20, 19:06)treboR2Robert Wrote:
(2019-06-20, 19:04)bsoriano Wrote:
(2019-06-20, 17:31)bsoriano Wrote: @treboR2Robert , I found that the widget behaves like that no matter what skin you use, so it seems to be an issue with the addon.  I am not sure I can make it so when you click it goes to the season, but I will try.

Regards,

Bart 

Regards,

Bart 

Hmm ok Bart no worries.

How about modding the "recently added TV shows" widget instead so it shows season poster and a label ? 
@treboR2Robert , I apologize again, that would not work either, since I would not know what the latest season for the show is, in order to show the correct season poster.  I will keep on investigating.

Regards,

Bart
(2019-06-20, 19:10)treboR2Robert Wrote: Would it be any help looking at the code from openPHT ?

This is built on Kodi and does everything how we want it.

https://forums.plex.tv/t/release-openpht-1-8-0/185459
Thanks for the suggestion, but I would not know where to look in that code.  Please remember that it's not what Kodi can do, it's what the skinning engine provides and lets the skinner do.  

Regards,

Bart
Yeah I see what your saying, just thought maybe whatever skin openPHT uses may be doing something to get the required result.

I don't think it gives you any options in openPHT to change skins though.

Just pulling at strings really.

Hopefully you can figure something out.

I will try doing a fresh install on my s912 again in a while and let you know about the osd poster.

Thank you Smile
(2019-06-20, 19:08)bsoriano Wrote: @edjalmo, please try the latest from Git.  I have added the "Show Fanart" button to the video info dialog, as well as showing the movie tagline in the text viewer dialog shown when you click the plot.  Thanks.
Thank you! Smile

I think is better divide tagline in lines when it is too long than auto scrolling (you can look at Matrix tagline).
Ahh, and can you make plot view show like was before when not have tagline. I'm talking about not have tagline space when not have tagline. TV show don't have it, for example. You can look at Aura code, work this way there.

When I click in show fanart a strange yellow rectangle shows on top left side.

Can you make writer be clickble, like director is (I'm not talking about create another button), to we could search for it in library.

Thanks!
(2019-06-20, 20:48)edjalmo Wrote:
(2019-06-20, 19:08)bsoriano Wrote: @edjalmo, please try the latest from Git.  I have added the "Show Fanart" button to the video info dialog, as well as showing the movie tagline in the text viewer dialog shown when you click the plot.  Thanks.
Thank you! Smile

I think is better divide tagline in lines when it is too long than auto scrolling (you can look at Matrix tagline).
Ahh, and can you make plot view show like was before when not have tagline. I'm talking about not have tagline space when not have tagline. TV show don't have it, for example. You can look at Aura code, work this way there.

When I click in show fanart a strange yellow rectangle shows on top left side.

Can you make writer be clickble, like director is (I'm not talking about create another button), to we could search for it in library.

Thanks!   
@edjalmo , please try the latest from Git; thanks for pointing out those issues.

The writer is already clickable.  You cannot search the library for other movies by the same writer (there is no function in Kodi to do that).  When you click on the writer, you will get info from Extendedinfo if you have it installed.

If you want to search the library for anything by that writer (movies where the person has acted in or directed), you can use the Search menu item (with Global Search disabled).  I don't plan on moving any part of that Search functionality to the video info dialog.

Regards,

Bart
  • 19(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Amber for Leia with Skinshortcuts1