Best practice on kodi python scraper development
I really love the new feature to write python scrapers.

I wanted to ask those of you, who are working on python scrapers, how you develop these.

My most concerning question, is there a possibility to execute the code from outside of kodi for debugging purposes?
Or do I always have to execute the scraping process from within kodi on a certain movie file?
A second question came up.

The moviedb python scraper sets thumbnailImage for the found search results (see link: themoviedb python scraper).
Where/when is this thumbnail used, because right now I don't see any effect for this property?
(2019-06-22, 11:29)flobbes Wrote: My most concerning question, is there a possibility to execute the code from outside of kodi for debugging purposes?
Or do I always have to execute the scraping process from within kodi on a certain movie file?
I always execute it from inside Kodi. I develop on Windows and have a "portable" install of Kodi locally for testing things like this. I work on a variety of add-ons and this works well for me. It is possible to structure your code so that the Kodi interface could be replaced with some sort of testing CLI interface or something, but I don't know of any examples of this.

(2019-06-22, 16:47)flobbes Wrote: The moviedb python scraper sets thumbnailImage for the found search results (see link: themoviedb python scraper).
Where/when is this thumbnail used, because right now I don't see any effect for this property?

It is a deprecated parameter.
(2019-06-22, 18:04)rmrector Wrote:
(2019-06-22, 11:29)flobbes Wrote: My most concerning question, is there a possibility to execute the code from outside of kodi for debugging purposes?
I always execute it from inside Kodi. I develop on Windows and have a "portable" install of Kodi locally for testing things like this. I work on a variety of add-ons and this works well for me. It is possible to structure your code so that the Kodi interface could be replaced with some sort of testing CLI interface or something, but I don't know of any examples of this.

(2019-06-22, 16:47)flobbes Wrote: The moviedb python scraper sets thumbnailImage for the found search results (see link: themoviedb python scraper).

It is a deprecated parameter

Thank you very much for quick answer!

I guess I will stick to executing it from kodi then, isn't so bad since the scrapers are loaded on-the-fly.

Good to know about the deprecated parameter. So there is no preview image for the found titles i guess?
(2019-06-22, 18:19)flobbes Wrote: So there is no preview image for the found titles i guess?

Ya, use setArt, like the linked docs suggest. Your skin will have to be designed to show an image.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Best practice on kodi python scraper development0