Beta Apple 4K TV: Aerial Screensavers
Apple TV: Aerial Screensaver that include the new ISS videos along with the location data being displayed as the video is played. Updates will be in the post below.

Also i know there is an official Aerial addon. As a disclaimer if you want stability use that, I wanted the new features and videos and i enjoy learning to code so for me this is a fun little project that i have been working.

I hope you enjoy!

EDIT: 10/1/19 PLEASE REFER TO post
Shield TV | Windows 10 | Mariadb | Mii Box
Evolve Ecosystem Repo | TV Melodies | Madnox Holiday Mod
UPDATED 070119:
  • Aerial downloader is enabled.
    • You can manually download all videos for offline usage or
      • Set Download New Video Frequency to "Daily, Weekly, or Monthly" and the one video will be downloaded at the frequency selected.

• Time of Day enabled
    • You can Select Time of Day but if the location you have enabled does not have videos for the time of day you will be prompted to change the time of day or add more locations.

• My Videos Enabled
    • Simply add personal videos you would like to see into the My Videos Folder which will be available after you set a download location.

UPDATED 062619:
  • Aerial downloader is now working but I have not implemented local video playback yet. Downloader will be included in the next release.

UPDATED 062419:
    • Added Controls while video is playing.
      • It will not stop playing on movement you will have to:
        • Right click your mouse or
        • Press Back/ Backspace on your keyboard or remote.

• As with tvOs 12 you can see the location of the Aerial. As the Aerials play the location will be updated and displayed for 10 seconds, If at anytime you want to see it after the 10 seconds are up you and extend the time by:
      • Left click your mouse or
      • Press Enter/ Select on your keyboard or remote.

• While an Aerial is playing, you can switch between locations.
      • Press Right on your keyboard or remote to play next the Aerial Video
      • Press Left on your keyboard or remote to play the previous Aerial Video
If anyone else is using(testing) please update and give me feedback once x time has passed with no feedback I will push to official repo. Thanks.
Delete/ network froze and cause repost
(2019-06-25, 03:36)smitchell6879 Wrote: Apple TV: Aerial Screensaver that include the new ISS videos along with the location data being displayed as the video is played. Updates will be in the post below.

Also i know there is an official Aerial addon. As a disclaimer if you want stability use that, I wanted the new features and videos and i enjoy learning to code so for me this is a fun little project that i have been working.

Direct link to Addon:

For Auto-Updates Install My repo:

I hope you enjoy!

Thanks for your screensaver.
I installed it on coreelec on my odroid-N2.
I got this error:
Quote:You "time of the day" selection is Random. The locations you have selected do not have any day time videos. Please select more locations or different "time of the day" settings.

Every setting I use (auto, day o night) gets me the same error.
I selected all locations avaible.
Any clues?
(2019-07-22, 14:14)dongioia Wrote:
(2019-06-25, 03:36)smitchell6879 Wrote: Apple TV: Aerial Screensaver that include the new ISS videos along with the location data being displayed as the video is played. Updates will be in the post below.

Direct link to Addon:

For Auto-Updates Install My repo:

I hope you enjoy!

Thanks for your screensaver.
I installed it on coreelec on my odroid-N2.
I got this error:
Quote:You "time of the day" selection is Random. The locations you have selected do not have any day time videos. Please select more locations or different "time of the day" settings.

Every setting I use (auto, day o night) gets me the same error.
I selected all locations avaible.
Any clues? 
I've just find out that deleting the download of the videos solved the problem.
Now I'm stuck with a black screen when the screensaver starts.
I can't see any network activity when it starts.
Deleting the download of the videos actually broke it. So what you done is allowed it to download a video. I am assuming it did not sure if it finish or not but by having it on auto. I will assume you tried it after 7pm which will set the time of day to night. The first video it downloads is a day time video. So you should set it to random for the time of day or you need to download more videos.

Of you want to just stream the videos the set the download to never and depending on how fast your internet is it will go black until it has enough to start streaming. I have a fake our window so that busy dialog window is hidden that is why it looks as if it is not doing anything. Your just not waiting long enough for you internet speed.
(2019-07-22, 18:38)smitchell6879 Wrote: Deleting the download of the videos actually broke it. So what you done is allowed it to download a video. I am assuming it did not sure if it finish or not but by having it on auto. I will assume you tried it after 7pm which will set the time of day to night. The first video it downloads is a day time video. So you should set it to random for the time of day or you need to download more videos.

Of you want to just stream the videos the set the download to never and depending on how fast your internet is it will go black until it has enough to start streaming. I have a fake our window so that busy dialog window is hidden that is why it looks as if it is not doing anything. Your just not waiting long enough for you internet speed.
I have a good internet connection.
Your addon on my windows box works just fine. On the odroid-n2 (arm chipset) with coreelec doesn't. I can't see any network activity.
Nice, going to give it a go.
(2019-07-23, 19:07)dongioia Wrote:
(2019-07-22, 18:38)smitchell6879 Wrote: Deleting the download of the videos actually broke it. So what you done is allowed it to download a video. I am assuming it did not sure if it finish or not but by having it on auto. I will assume you tried it after 7pm which will set the time of day to night. The first video it downloads is a day time video. So you should set it to random for the time of day or you need to download more videos.

Your addon on my windows box works just fine. On the odroid-n2 (arm chipset) with coreelec doesn't. I can't see any network activity.

Not sure how to help start with a debug log and i will help as i get time.
Just a Update to everyone. Keep eye out in the coming week I will be adding the Underwater Screensavers. If you have my repo installed you should be autoupdated if not check in I will update the change log in post #2.

I know this has been a while since you posted this but as I have began updating the addon with the new videos i see that the last update i push out was bad and miss some key information. so my assumption to your issue as to why the first pc worked and the second didn't was due to first one having a earlier version then the second. I hope that the next update i do will be working but i will still need feed back. Should be out tomorrow i will be posting it in the screensaver section where it should be instead of here.
(2019-09-30, 10:59)smitchell6879 Wrote:

I know this has been a while since you posted this but as I have began updating the addon with the new videos i see that the last update i push out was bad and miss some key information. so my assumption to your issue as to why the first pc worked and the second didn't was due to first one having a earlier version then the second. I hope that the next update i do will be working but i will still need feed back. Should be out tomorrow i will be posting it in the screensaver section where it should be instead of here. 
Hi sorry, the instructions aren't super clear and i dont understand how to get it working!
(2019-09-30, 18:14)LionTrasci98 Wrote:
(2019-09-30, 10:59)smitchell6879 Wrote:
(2019-07-23, 19:07)dongioia Wrote: I have a good internet connection.

Hi sorry, the instructions aren't super clear and i dont understand how to get it working!
I have not updated it yet i just did a refresh of the code yesterday when i realized it hasn't worked for a while. Give me 24-48 hours and i will post details on how to get it to work. sorry for any inconvenience.
I have now completed the update and have posted a new thread in the correct Thread

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Apple 4K TV: Aerial Screensavers0