Broken Gapless play of mka files in Kodi 18
Hi guys, I just upgraded to latest OSMC with Kodi 18.3 coming from Oct 2018 Kodi 17 OSMC release on my vero 4k. I used to play surround albums with no issues and gapless with the former Kodi 17 version. The albums are stored as one mka file per album with chapter info included accompanied by an extra CUE sheet file. The mka files result from Blu-Ray rips with MakeMKV and subsequent removal of the video track using MKVToolNix.

Despite of the fact that Kodi 18 apparently does no more respect the CUE file (so I included tags into the mka with foobar), it also shows that the distinct tracks (chapters) are no more played gapless.
Same issue with Kodi 18.2 on Fire TV stick so I guess it’s not a OSMC or vero 4k specific issue but an issue of the PAPlayer itself which I assume got a big overhaul in Kodi 18.
Did anybody else notice this issue? If yes, can this be fixed somehow?

Thanks!
I did some more experiments and noticed that the issue only shows on DTS-HD but not on normal DTS or LPCM mka files. While there is no gap, however, I've got the impression that the last x hundreds milliseconds of a track are skipped... I don't remember this was the case for Kodi 17.
Your best bet is to open a Bug Report and supply the proper info there.
(2019-07-01, 01:46)HeresJohnny Wrote: Your best bet is to open a Bug Report and supply the proper info there.

Done: https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/issues/16341

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Gapless play of mka files in Kodi 180