skinning questions
Aeon Tajo looks good so probably I will use it as daily skin.
But I use Kodi with Live tv and I also use the addon German Telecast Offers (GTO). It shows TV highlights as widget.
GTO comes with xml files for confluence and Estuary. Now I need GTO xml file for Aeon Tajo. I think that I can do the GTO widget XML file for myself. But nevertheless I need some help please.

In the skin settings I can enable a widget (e.g. Recordings) that is shown when I'm in homescreen on button LIVE TV. When I'm in homescreen and I'm on the LIVE TV button
I can press cursor-up to get into the widget and start e.g. a recorded file.

Now I can imagine to do this: when I'm in homescreen on button LIVE TV my GTO widget should appear. And when I press cursor-up I want to get into my GTO widget.

Can someone give me some help in which xml files (and in which lines) I have to look?
Sorry, but I don't use Live Tv, most of the options for it are inherited from Aeon Nox, and only have received cosmetic touch-ups to fit with the look of Aeon Tajo...

Maybe someone else can help you...
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, please click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :)
Generally, if it comes to the question "which file needs to be changed" I would recommend to set the specific skin in question into "debug mode". This can be achieved by editing the addon.xml file and search for entry similar to:

<extension point="xbmc.gui.skin" debugging="false">

and change that to:

<extension point="xbmc.gui.skin" debugging="true">

at the next start of the skin you will see which xml file and which window is currently in use and also which section (lists, grouplists, buttons etc) are currently focussed.
Can someone please give me again a hint? I need a code line that has TRUE as result when the button LIVE TV in homescreen is highlighted! I don't know how to do!
What do you want to achieve in the end?
(2019-07-04, 19:15)DaVu Wrote: What do you want to achieve in the end?
@DaVu
I've used this addon in the past on my own PVR Mod for Estuary, so have a good idea of what he's wanting.

@olli14
I think I've still got the original files I used for my skin Mod. I'll have a play around and see if I can make it work for Aeon Tajo. 
Will let you know how I get on.....

Edit: Found the original files I used to support this addon, but had forgotten that Manfeed's skin uses Skin Shortcuts to build the home menu and enable widgets. Quite different to the default Estuary skin. Will take a further look tomorrow or over weekend.....
Looking at the Home.xml, Tajo starts with "Movies" highlighted by default.

That's done with:

<onload condition="Window.Previous(startup)">SetFocus(9000,2,absolute)</onload>

By playing around with that setting and changing the "9000,2" to "9000,4" Live TV is focused by default.

So I would try something with Control.HasFocus(9000,4)

But that's only a fast guess
Hi, I have a question, is it possible to load the backcovers .jpg i have stored in my movie folders, instead of the "assembled" ones in library Shelf 3D view? 

Where in "View_595_Shelf3D.xml" are the Movie Cases backsides described? (somewhere under line 1196!?)

Is it possible to define a new arttype for that (backcover.jpg e.g.) in advancedsettings.xml? like it is described here: https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=337089 ,or am i getting this wrong?

thank you in advance!
(2020-05-18, 16:32)Cody Allen Wrote: Hi, I have a question, is it possible to load the backcovers .jpg i have stored in my movie folders, instead of the "assembled" ones in library Shelf 3D view? 

Where in "View_595_Shelf3D.xml" are the Movie Cases backsides described? (somewhere under line 1196!?)

Is it possible to define a new arttype for that (backcover.jpg e.g.) in advancedsettings.xml? like it is described here: https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=337089 ,or am i getting this wrong?

thank you in advance!
Of course you can... and you should whenever possible, it’s way cooler... In fact you can also use custom “spines“. You don’t have to mess with the xml, you only need to put back.jpg and/or spine.jpg images beside the rest of the artwork in the movie folder and use the method you mentioned, adding those two new arttypes to advancedsettings.xml
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, please click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :)
(2020-05-18, 22:21)manfeed Wrote:
(2020-05-18, 16:32)Cody Allen Wrote: Hi, I have a question, is it possible to load the backcovers .jpg i have stored in my movie folders, instead of the "assembled" ones in library Shelf 3D view? 

thank you in advance!
Of course you can... and you should whenever possible, it’s way cooler... In fact you can also use custom “spines“. You don’t have to mess with the xml, you only need to put back.jpg and/or spine.jpg images beside the rest of the artwork in the movie folder and use the method you mentioned, adding those two new arttypes to advancedsettings.xml 
...wow, it works, that was easy, cool, thank you for your help! Now i have to batch copy and rename my .jpg files then it'll be close to perfect.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
skinning questions0