Unwatched movie count wrong
I have a number of issues that have been plaguing my Kodi setup for well over a year, but as I look towards upgrading to v18 I want to sort them out before I upgrade, if I can even upgrade.

My unwatched movie count on the Kodi home screen is 21 movies.
When I select Movies then the Unwatched view it says there a re 19 items (and there are 19 displayed). When I look at the files table there are only 18 unwatched movies. (since empty strfilename appears to be used for TV Shows). The following sql statement returns 18 rows.

sql:
select * from files,movie where playcount is NULL and strFilename<>'' and files.idfile=movie.idMovie;

The problem occurs when there are media files (Eg mkv), and .disc files. Each movie is counted twice by the skin. This is why 21 is shown on the home screen. But when I go to movies and switch to unwatched I see only 19 because the .disc and .mkv is shown only once.

Yet, the files table only lists 18 movies as unwatched, which disagrees with both of the views.

Have I found a bug? If not, any ideas on how to fix?

thanks

thanks
Hi Yanta.

The numbers are provided by Kodi.

I use these infolabels in the skin:
Code:
HOME SCREEN
$INFO[Window(Home).Property(Movies.UnWatched)]
  - Return the number of unwatched movies in the library

MOVIES WINDOW
$INFO[Container.TotalUnwatched]
 - Returns the number of unwatched items in the current container

That means that in the home screen, the number is all unwatched movies in the library.
In the movies window it shows all unwatched items currently shown.

For me the numbers match. I have the same number:
- on the home screen
- unwatched number in the library showing all titles
- total items when showing only unwatched movies

Do you use movie sets?
(2019-07-07, 16:22)Gade Wrote: Hi Yanta.

The numbers are provided by Kodi.

I use these infolabels in the skin:
Code:
HOME SCREEN
$INFO[Window(Home).Property(Movies.UnWatched)]
  - Return the number of unwatched movies in the library

MOVIES WINDOW
$INFO[Container.TotalUnwatched]
 - Returns the number of unwatched items in the current container

That means that in the home screen, the number is all unwatched movies in the library.
In the movies window it shows all unwatched items currently shown.

For me the numbers match. I have the same number:
- on the home screen
- unwatched number in the library showing all titles
- total items when showing only unwatched movies

Do you use movie sets? 

I'm glad yours matches. I can't get mine to match. I have 4 PCs running Kodi. ALL have exactly the same situation - and they all use their own database. I recently rebuilt the Kodi server (where the MySQL database lives), and therefore had to recreate the DBs for each PC, and I still get the same issues. I have looked at this until my eyes bleed and I'm damned if I can figure it out.

Yes, I use sets extensively. It's the only way to handle movies where the are 3D, 4K, 1080p, extended and .disc versions, otherwise I'd have several entries for each in the main library. Very, very messy and annoying.

However, looking at one example, Halloween (2018). There are two versions, a 1080p MKV and a .disc file for the original disc. They are in a set, but from working through the DB I believe I've accounted for them in the 21 the home screen states are unwatched.

Sorry for assuming it was a skin issue.
(2019-07-07, 15:06)Yanta Wrote: My unwatched movie count on the Kodi home screen is 21 movies.
Just curious... Are you using the default local SQLite database or a MySQL/MariaDB database server (if so, which version).
In the past, MariaDB has had some hiccups here and there.
(2019-07-07, 16:33)Klojum Wrote:
(2019-07-07, 15:06)Yanta Wrote: My unwatched movie count on the Kodi home screen is 21 movies.
Just curious... Are you using the default local SQLite database or a MySQL/MariaDB database server (if so, which version).
In the past, MariaDB has had some hiccups here and there. 

MySQL 5.5.42. I see that the Wiki has been updated to 5.6

You might recall that My Kodi server and content server are different machines as the content server runs MySQL 8.0.12 and having multiple different versions on MySQL on one server is complex and discouraged. However, I don't think this is the issue.

Some hiccups... lol. I actually have a list of over 30 problems I've been trying to resolve... Well, not all DB related... I've been holding off posting them for fear of becoming extremely unpopular Wink
Sorry if I don't recall everybody's Kodi setup, hehe. I still use MySQL 5.5.62 (ubuntu 14.04, which is EOL now).
(2019-07-07, 16:30)Yanta Wrote: I'm glad yours matches. I can't get mine to match. I have 4 PCs running Kodi. ALL have exactly the same situation - and they all use their own database. I recently rebuilt the Kodi server (where the MySQL database lives), and therefore had to recreate the DBs for each PC, and I still get the same issues. I have looked at this until my eyes bleed and I'm damned if I can figure it out.

Yes, I use sets extensively. It's the only way to handle movies where the are 3D, 4K, 1080p, extended and .disc versions, otherwise I'd have several entries for each in the main library. Very, very messy and annoying.

However, looking at one example, Halloween (2018). There are two versions, a 1080p MKV and a .disc file for the original disc. They are in a set, but from working through the DB I believe I've accounted for them in the 21 the home screen states are unwatched.

Yeah, that's truly weird.

I actually thought that movie sets were the reason.
But I get the same numbers with or without sets enabled.

Hehe, I have an entry for each version of the same movie in the library. But I think I might change that right away.
Your way is much more practical ;-)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Unwatched movie count wrong0