Fire TV Kodi Black screen
Hi all,

got a slightly annoying issue.
If I start my fireTV first time and load up Kodi for the first time everything is fine. If I then quite out of kodi then switch the TV hdmi back to normal tv for a bit then go back to the FireTv then go to the kodi button it loads fine.

If I don't quite out of Kodi, and just switch the TV back to normal TV then later on go back to the fireTV it defaults the screen back to the fireTV menu as normal. But if I then click the Kodi icon I always get a blank screen. Kodi is still there as I can hear is changing menus. My only option is to go back to the fire tv settings and force a stop, then it works again...... until the next time I don't quite out of Kodi.

So steps to recreate...
  • FireTV on
  • Kodi on
  • switch TV back to normal TV
  • wait a bit
  • Switch back to fire TV
  • select the Kodi Icon 
  • black screen, but can hear it navigating menus

any tips?

If I do the steps about but don't wait. i.e. go straight back to the fireTV after switching off its fine.
its as if kodi or something is switching the display part off and not restoring it when you go back in. some kind of screen saver ?

thanks in advance
(2019-07-07, 21:12)agentwalker Wrote: Hi all,

If I start my fireTV first time and load up Kodi for the first time everything is fine. If I then quite out of kodi then switch the TV hdmi back to normal tv for a bit then go back to the FireTv then go to the kodi button it loads fine.

If I don't quite out of Kodi, and just switch the TV back to normal TV then later on go back to the fireTV it defaults the screen back to the fireTV menu as normal. But if I then click the Kodi icon I always get a blank screen. Kodi is still there as I can hear is changing menus. My only option is to go back to the fire tv settings and force a stop, then it works again...... until the next time I don't quite out of Kodi.

So steps to recreate...
  • FireTV on
  • Kodi on
  • wait a bit
  • Switch back to fire TV
  • select the Kodi Icon 

any tips?

If I do the steps about but don't wait. i.e. go straight back to the fireTV after switching off its fine.
its as if kodi or something is switching the display part off and not restoring it when you go back in. some kind of screen saver ?

thanks in advance 

its a skin problem, the problem was that aeon niox silvo has updated itself (I edited aeon nox silvo myself) I have interrupted the internet, restored my old modified aeon nox and most importantly disable the automatic updates on skins .. done
(2019-07-09, 22:37)assmanxxx Wrote:
(2019-07-07, 21:12)agentwalker Wrote: Hi all,

So steps to recreate...
  • FireTV on
  • Kodi on
  • wait a bit
  • Switch back to fire TV
  • select the Kodi Icon 

any tips?

thanks in advance  

its a skin problem, the problem was that aeon niox silvo has updated itself (I edited aeon nox silvo myself) I have interrupted the internet, restored my old modified aeon nox and most importantly disable the automatic updates on skins .. done 

I dont know if its just a skin problem.  I have found this issue myself and I am running the Confluence skin.  The thing thats so odd is that I havent updated or changed the skin since i installed Leia on my AFTV, but this has just started happening in the past couple of weeks.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Fire TV Kodi Black screen0