• 152(current)
MediaElch - MediaManager for Mac/Linux/Win (with music library scraping)
Karellen, that user probably has an older version of the software that wasn't pulling down TVDB or IMDB info on the Shows. If they use the latest version of MediaElch (2.6) then rescan the show in MediaElch, it should fill in the TVDB and IMDB information on the TV Shows.
Thanks @Powerhouse

I think he solved the problem by adding the ID's, but I'll refer him here to read your post.
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
Hello All,

I have been having no end to the troubles with MediaElch.

I was using the latest stable 2.6.0. But the first time I exited, it would crash at every startup. Tried fresh installs, deleting the %APPDATA% folder, nothing worked.
Tried 2.6.1-dev and it worked for awhile, but when i deleted my source to reconfigure to a new folder, it would not allow me to add any new sources at all, adding the folder would just not effect the UI. Tried fresh installs, deleting the %APPDATA% folder, tried deleting the registry folder, a reboot, nothing worked.

Figured out I could still add sources in the old 2.6.0, but a lot of things still do not work. Like clicking on images makes the program non-interactable, like a new sub window has is in use, but this window never appears.
(2019-07-03, 15:50)wisnoskij Wrote: Like clicking on images makes the program non-interactable, like a new sub window has is in use, but this window never appears.

Just wanted to chime in regarding this. At one point I had this come up where I unplugged a monitor connected to my laptop; technically windows was displaying the windows, but it was on a now disconnected monitor. Once you click to edit an image in mediaelch, that window now has focus and without clicking anywhere, press both the windows button on the keyboard and press the left arrow a few times. This would bring the window in focus from the right screen towards the left. If this doesn’t work, try repeating the steps using the right button instead.
(2019-07-03, 16:30)calvin8714 Wrote:
(2019-07-03, 15:50)wisnoskij Wrote: Like clicking on images makes the program non-interactable, like a new sub window has is in use, but this window never appears.

Just wanted to chime in regarding this. At one point I had this come up where I unplugged a monitor connected to my laptop; technically windows was displaying the windows, but it was on a now disconnected monitor. Once you click to edit an image in mediaelch, that window now has focus and without clicking anywhere, press both the windows button on the keyboard and press the left arrow a few times. This would bring the window in focus from the right screen towards the left. If this doesn’t work, try repeating the steps using the right button instead. 

Ya, it acts just like the window is offscreen. But your solution did nothing. I think there is a decent chance because of all the other corruption, that the window simply does not load.

Anyone know other settings locations for mediaelch. I want to be able to use it without doing a clean install of windows.
Hi everyone,

current MediaElch maintainer here. :-)

@Kokonutcreme
> this worked fine in previous official release 2.4.2 but it's ignoring the mapping now so I have to manually replace avc with h264 in the streamdetails.
Thank you reporting your issue. I'll try to reproduce it and will then try to fix it. Smile
MediaElch 2.6 uses a new version of MediaInfo to get information about media files. That may be the root cause.

@Karellen
Thank you for pointing out that issue! I haven't read the full thread, yet, but I'll have a look at it. Can't say how long it will take as I'm currently busy and don't have a lot of time.
Related GitHub issue: https://github.com/Komet/MediaElch/issues/719

@wisnoskij 
> I have been having no end to the troubles with MediaElch.
I'm sorry to hear that. MediaElch v2.6.0 has indeed some serious issues that may lead to crashes on some systems.
Those are mostly fixed in v2.6.1-dev. This version however is unstable and the problem you described (not beeing able to add folders) existed for a few days.

Update: I'll introduce a Kodi version setting (see https://github.com/Komet/MediaElch/pull/738 ) do differentiate between v17 and v18. Otherwise MediaElch will just mess up everyone's NFO files.

Regards,
Andre
(2019-07-03, 01:10)Karellen Wrote: [font][font]Danke @Powerhouse [/font][/font]

[font][font]Ich glaube, er hat das Problem durch Hinzufügen der IDs gelöst, aber ich werde ihn hier verweisen, um Ihren Beitrag zu lesen.[/font][/font]
[font][font]ich have used MediaElch Version 2.6.1-dev - Ferenginar on Windows 10 Platform.
I resolved the Problem that i show the nfo files for id tags and corrected it in the lines
<uniqueid type="tvdb">83462</uniqueid>
<id>83462</id>

The tvdb tag will be different and the <id> tag will sometimes not used
When i use MediaElch in the corrected nfo file and update my metadata and write it with MediaElch again, then the <id> Tag will be remove again.
After Updating TV-Shows i look inside with an XML Editor and corret it Sad[/font][/font]
(2019-07-03, 18:39)archer96 Wrote: Those are mostly fixed in v2.6.1-dev. This version however is unstable and the problem you described (not beeing able to add folders) existed for a few days.

I Just downloaded the most current version (released a few hours ago, MediaElch_win_2.6.1-dev_2019-07-06_14-52_git-master-1c89ed5) and still cannot add folders. Is this expected behavior?
(2019-07-07, 01:58)wisnoskij Wrote: I Just downloaded the most current version (released a few hours ago, MediaElch_win_2.6.1-dev_2019-07-06_14-52_git-master-1c89ed5) and still cannot add folders. Is this expected behavior?

Oh #!?%&§! Thank you. Somehow I reintroduced that bug or maybe I forgot to push the change that fixes that. Well, I've just merged a fix for this and the next nightly is now available Smile
(2019-07-07, 13:18)archer96 Wrote:
(2019-07-07, 01:58)wisnoskij Wrote: I Just downloaded the most current version (released a few hours ago, MediaElch_win_2.6.1-dev_2019-07-06_14-52_git-master-1c89ed5) and still cannot add folders. Is this expected behavior?

Oh #!?%&§! Thank you. Somehow I reintroduced that bug or maybe I forgot to push the change that fixes that. Well, I've just merged a fix for this and the next nightly is now available Smile 

Thank you, Unfortunately, it seems to crash on the vast majority of tv scraps somewhere in the image phase (possibly this bug: https://github.com/Komet/MediaElch/issues/716). And I cannot interact with episodes at all.
Is MediaElch one of those open source programs that accepts and asks for random people to submit code?
(2019-07-08, 00:54)wisnoskij Wrote: Thank you, Unfortunately, it seems to crash on the vast majority of tv scraps somewhere in the image phase (possibly this bug: https://github.com/Komet/MediaElch/issues/716). And I cannot interact with episodes at all.
Is MediaElch one of those open source programs that accepts and asks for random people to submit code?

Hi,

your issue is also likely linked to https://github.com/Komet/MediaElch/issues/718
These crashes are the reason that I haven't released a new stable version, yet. I even know what the issue (most likely) is but fixing it requires rewriting a lot of code for which I hadn't had time yet. For those interested in details from a developer's perspective: In v2.6.1-dev we switched from QList to QVector. This however made multiple use-after-free issues visible. Those issues existed even in v2.4.2 (before I started working on MediaElch) and with an address sanitizer enabled, v2.4.2 would crash as well.
As I've now fixed the Kodi-XML issues mentioned in this thread, fixing those crashes is the next item on my TODO list.

Also, this issue (or at least one other issue) is linked to the "Show missing episodes" feature. Disabling that (in your config, see FAQ) helped a few users.

And @wisnoskij, yes, we do take changes from "random" people by accepting so called pull-requests on GitHub. Those have to be approved by one of MediaElch's maintainers (me or Daniel) before they are merged into the main codebase. Smile
But the issues above are not due to changes from random developers.

Regards,
Andre

Edit: // And I'm really sorry that MediaElch is unstable and crashes. This should never happen. I've stopped using other applications as well because of crashes. I hope that users bear with me. I'll try to do my best and fix those issues ASAP. Smile
MediaElch: Thread v2.10.6 | GitHub | Docs | Blog
Thanks for the update, appreciate you're taking onboard the ongoing development of MediaElch.
(2019-07-08, 07:39)archer96 Wrote: But the issues above are not due to changes from random developers.

No, I meant, Can I help?
I sort of understand how the system is setup now, with the description you gave. I guess a better question would be. Would it help if a complete OS newbie submitted pull requests, or would you rather do it yourself instead of spending that time testing/maintain someone else code?
I would love to help as well if possible. I am fluent in 42 different programming languages. On a plus-side, It is extremely easy for me to also learn an new programming language as well.
Hi everyone,

@wisnoskij, sorry, I misunderstood your point.
Everyone is welcome to help MediaElch in any way. Smile
I'd like to fix the issue regarding those crashes myself (because I already have some possible fixes in mind). But if you'd like to add new code to MediaElch or improve it otherwise, that would be great! I don't mind maintaining other people's code at all. That's what makes open-source open.

@Zachary.Murphy, great to hear. There are a few pain points that I want to fix in the next months.
Any help is very welcome!
MediaElch is written in C++. I've recently switched to CMake as our build system generator (at least for development; the user documentation still uses QMake).
The first step would be to get MediaElch to compile on  your system and see if it's working.

If you're interested in developing MediaElch and improving it, you can send me a message.
We can discuss some pain points and where to start (e.g. moving inline stylesheets to a `.css` file, etc.).
Otherwise there are a lot of issues on GitHub that need attention. Many small features were requested which may be easy to implement. Smile

If you're not a developer then  MediaElch may still need your help. Our documentation was just recently added with v2.6.0 and has a lot of "work-in-progress" notes.
And if anyone here is bilingual, our translations need to be updated (see TRANSIFIX link).

Regrads,
Andre
MediaElch: Thread v2.10.6 | GitHub | Docs | Blog
  • 152(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
MediaElch - MediaManager for Mac/Linux/Win (with music library scraping)9