• 13(current)
Beta Night
Looks superb , am having bother trying to populate the dashboard . Using panel view , I left the default items in the dashboard panels, switched from screensaver to widget , but the dashboard panel on home page is still blank ,.
Have set up my library using PKC , but I see that doing this means you have more or less duplicate movie and tv show main menu items given that PKC populates the kodi library, am assuming the solution would be to disable kodi "movies and tv shows" from the main menu? given that I cant see how I would remove plex movies and shows ?
(2019-07-08, 00:01)ontap Wrote: Looks superb , am having bother trying to populate the dashboard . Using panel view , I left the default items in the dashboard panels, switched from screensaver to widget , but the dashboard panel on home page is still blank ,.
Hmm, dashboard is working fine here. Does it show the weather? Sometimes it takes a while to show up, especially when PKC is syncing your library. Does a restart help? If not, a screenshot might also help to identify the problem.

Quote:Have set up my library using PKC , but I see that doing this means you have more or less duplicate movie and tv show main menu items given that PKC populates the kodi library, am assuming the solution would be to disable kodi "movies and tv shows" from the main menu? given that I cant see how I would remove plex movies and shows ?
If you only have one TV/Movie PKC section you could turn off PKC support (Preferences --> General --> PlexKodiConnect --> OFF). This feature is mainly for people who have more PKC sections like TV/Movies/Kids/Animation and who want to have a home menu item and "in progress" / "recently added" widgets for each section.
Thanks , I see what you mean by PKC items other than movies and series, will have a mess around with dashboard feature and report back, also, have set u movies "root" and tv shows "root" as a couple of custom menu items , so I can access both sub menus from home page , but the custom menu items only show in list(vertical and horizontal) views , not in panel view ?
(2019-07-08, 10:06)ontap Wrote: ... the custom menu items only show in list(vertical and horizontal) views , not in panel view ?
Yes, custom home is not yet implemented in panel home but there will be an update this week which should add this feature along with some other panel home condition fixes.
Thanks for the update. Question: I made homevideos as a custom home item. Is there a way to give that item a background?
Now the background is black, because there is no background. When I go in the menu item I can change everything, but not the main item itself?
(2019-07-08, 20:55)Aaiemron Wrote: Thanks for the update. Question: I made homevideos as a custom home item. Is there a way to give that item a background?
Now the background is black, because there is no background. When I go in the menu item I can change everything, but not the main item itself?
Yes, but you have to add a static or dynamic widget to your custom home item. Also, I'm going to add a "fallback" background method for your case in my next update
(2019-07-08, 21:15)bkury Wrote:
(2019-07-08, 20:55)Aaiemron Wrote: Thanks for the update. Question: I made homevideos as a custom home item. Is there a way to give that item a background?
Yes, but you have to add a static or dynamic widget to your custom home item. Also, I'm going to add a "fallback" background method for your case in my next update 
Thank you
Another question. Suppose you have only one movie "in progress". Then in the movie widget you can see that one movie, plus 7 empty templates.
Is there a way to remove that 7 templates so that you can only see that one movie. With 2 movies in progress 2 etc..
Maybe that's an option that I overlooked?
Thanks
(2019-07-09, 20:03)Aaiemron Wrote: Is there a way to remove that 7 templates so that you can only see that one movie. With 2 movies in progress 2 etc..
Yes, Preferences --> Widgets --> Placeholder --> OFF
(2019-07-09, 20:07)bkury Wrote:
(2019-07-09, 20:03)Aaiemron Wrote: Is there a way to remove that 7 templates so that you can only see that one movie. With 2 movies in progress 2 etc..
Yes, Preferences --> Widgets --> Placeholder --> OFF 
Stupid me.  Thanks
Night v2.3.4 is now available!

Changelog:
  • KODI v19 Matrix features (Seekbar: Chapter & Cutlist support, PVR channel group widget)
  • Custom viewtype browser is now available, including 2 new custom viewtypes (more to come)
  • Home panel now supports custom home items
  • Background picture of the day will now auto-refresh at midnight (Preferences --> Background --> Custom URL)
  • Default fanart fallback, Custom home fanart fallback
  • Other small fixes

Note: This update comes with a custom viewtype browser, these viewtypes are created with the builtin viewtype editor (No skinning knowledge required).
Give it a try, and most importantly, share your work/design with other users via the share feature!

Thanks again for designing this absolutely beautiful skin. Never seen one so versatile.
Fantastic work.

(2019-07-16, 01:48)bkury Wrote: Night v2.3.4 is now available!

Changelog:
  • KODI v19 Matrix features (Seekbar: Chapter & Cutlist support, PVR channel group widget)
  • Custom viewtype browser is now available, including 2 new custom viewtypes (more to come)
  • Home panel now supports custom home items
  • Background picture of the day will now auto-refresh at midnight (Preferences --> Background --> Custom URL)
  • Default fanart fallback, Custom home fanart fallback
  • Other small fixes

Note: This update comes with a custom viewtype browser, these viewtypes are created with the builtin viewtype editor (No skinning knowledge required).
Give it a try, and most importantly, share your work/design with other users via the share feature!

How can I set up a fallback image with the new update?
(2019-07-24, 15:30)Aaiemron Wrote: How can I set up a fallback image with the new update?
  • Fallback 1: Preferences --> Custom Home --> [Your Home Item] --> Metadata --> Fanart
  • Fallback 2: Preferences --> Background --> Default (If there is no widget & no manual metadata available)

(2019-07-17, 08:18)Atreyu Wrote: Thanks again for designing this absolutely beautiful skin. Never seen one so versatile.
Fantastic work.
Thank you!
  • Fallback 1: Preferences --> Custom Home --> [Your Home Item] --> Metadata --> Fanart
  • Fallback 2: Preferences --> Background --> Default (If there is no widget & no manual metadata available)

Thanks! Great skin.
  • 13(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Night6