• 1(current)
Release Unfussy
Unfussy is a new (Kodi Leia only) Skin that is mainly focused on LiveTV. Unfussy provides more or less all current Kodi Features except Gaming. Additionally a completely own Home Menu and Home Widget system is implemented which is fully configurable via dedicated setup menus. Because of that the skin has no dependencies on 3rd party addons, only skin dependency is my Unfussy Helper Script. For a full feature list, all supported addons and a complete list of available widget types and some screenshots, just check the 
Unfussy Readme on Github.

Installation: Install my repository via zip and install unfussy from this repository. The helper script gets installed automatically.

Please remark that "good" EPG data is needed for full LiveTV experience. Unfussy supports extented pvr information like actors, directors, season and episode numbers for tvshows and EPG images (both poster or landscape format) - if delivered by t he PVR backend. How to achieve good epg data depends on your used PVR backend and your country of origin. In general webgrab++ is a good start Wink

Unfussy currently only supports english and german. But may be some guys from other countries like the skin and provide me a translation to their language Smile But keep in mind that both the skin and the helper script include po files to be translated.

Please report any bug reports or feature requests here in this thread or on github.

Have fun...cheers Louis
Nice skin Smile
I have a question, it's very intersting that this skin is offering costumization like skin shortcuts without skin shortcuts...
Are you using your own implementation to provide similar functionality in your helper addon?
I haven't checked the code of the helper, but I've  seen some nice files created in json format menu.json, widgets.json.
If you have created your own implementation, all I can say is WOW!
Hi Olympus,

exactly, my helper script is providing this functionality...i prefer to keep everything under my control Wink 

Cheers Louis
(2019-07-05, 20:35)louis Wrote: Hi Olympus,

exactly, my helper script is providing this functionality...i prefer to keep everything under my control Wink

Cheers Louis
Hi Louis,

great work ! I am not using Live TV at all. Nevertheless, I really like the cleanness of the skin and find it very useful for movies and tv from the NAS. What I especially like is how comparably quick the "next episode widget" is, because that is one of my main pain points with kodi.
There are some things I found:
  1. next episode widghet: currently there does not seem to be a specific sort order. Is it possible to have it sorted by lastPlayed desc ?
  2. I did not find any possibility to add new smart playlists - maybe I overlooked something ?
  3. In movie information, it would be great to have the collection that the movie belongs to 
  4. Movie collection: currently I think they are not shown in the lists. 
thanks & keep up the great work !
Hermann
Hi Hermann,
Quote:great work ! I am not using Live TV at all. Nevertheless, I really like the cleanness of the skin and find it very useful for movies and tv from the NAS. What I especially like is how comparably quick the "next episode widget" is, because that is one of my main pain points with kodi.

thanks, you're welcome Wink
Quote:1. next episode widghet: currently there does not seem to be a specific sort order. Is it possible to have it sorted by lastPlayed desc ?
I have to check this...in general every sort order is possible. But "lastPlayed" is not a good sort order since the "next episode" should not be played at all Wink Or do i miss something?
Quote:2. I did not find any possibility to add new smart playlists - maybe I overlooked something ?
Hm, smart playlists have to be created by the "usual" Kodi way, all existing smart playlist should then be available as widget.
Quote:3. In movie information, it would be great to have the collection that the movie belongs to 
4. Movie collection: currently I think they are not shown in the lists. 
I can check 3. (i guess you mean in the detail movie information available with the "info" button?). But i don't understand 4. I have various movie collections in my database, and they are all shown...i use tinymediamanager to organize my movies, and there i can create movisets and add movies to them. There is also a native possibility in Kodi...

Cheers Louis
PS: check the "Movieset List View" screenshot in the Readme...so moviesets are definitively shown Wink
(2019-07-08, 11:51)louis Wrote: Hi Hermann,
Quote:great work ! I am not using Live TV at all. Nevertheless, I really like the cleanness of the skin and find it very useful for movies and tv from the NAS. What I especially like is how comparably quick the "next episode widget" is, because that is one of my main pain points with kodi.
thanks, you're welcome Wink
Quote:1. next episode widghet: currently there does not seem to be a specific sort order. Is it possible to have it sorted by lastPlayed desc ?
I have to check this...in general every sort order is possible. But "lastPlayed" is not a good sort order since the "next episode" should not be played at all Wink Or do i miss something?

2. I did not find any possibility to add new smart playlists - maybe I overlooked something ?
Hm, smart playlists have to be created by the "usual" Kodi way, all existing smart playlist should then be available as widget.
Quote:3. In movie information, it would be great to have the collection that the movie belongs to
4. Movie collection: currently I think they are not shown in the lists.
I can check 3. (i guess you mean in the detail movie information available with the "info" button?). But i don't understand 4. I have various movie collections in my database, and they are all shown...i use tinymediamanager to organize my movies, and there i can create movisets and add movies to them. There is also a native possibility in Kodi...

Cheers Louis 

Hi Louis,

ad 1.) of course you are right, I was not exactly precise Smile I meant TV Shows last played, not episode Smile I would like the next episode of the show I watched last shown first and then the next episodes of the shows I saw before this..For example: yesterday evening I watched "Walking dead", the day before "Game of Thrones" and on Saturday "Boardwalk Empire". So I would like to see the next episodes of these shows in the folowing order: Walkink dead, Game of Thrones, Boardwalk Empire...Hope this makes sense to you...
ad 2.) Forget it...Of course the new playlist entry is in the playlist list at the bottom...
ad 4.) Yes, I checked again and saw it, but in the list view no movies are shown. If I click on the collection, I see the movies. Not sure how to post a screenshot here unfortunately..

Again, thanks for your great effort !
Hi Hermann,

ok, 1.) is now clear and is absolutely reasonable. I'll see how to implement this.

For 4.) some screenshots would really help...so any chance for that? Wink Are your collections shown correctly in other skins? Estuary maybe?

Cheers Louis
(2019-07-08, 12:52)louis Wrote: Hi Hermann,

ok, 1.) is now clear and is absolutely reasonable. I'll see how to implement this.

For 4.) some screenshots would really help...so any chance for that? Wink Are your collections shown correctly in other skins? Estuary maybe?

Cheers Louis
Hope this works:

ImageImageImage
(2019-07-08, 13:46)hermann_x5 Wrote:
(2019-07-08, 12:52)louis Wrote: Hi Hermann,

For 4.) some screenshots would really help...so any chance for that? Wink Are your collections shown correctly in other skins? Estuary maybe?

Cheers Louis
Hope this works:

ImageImageImage 
ok, you can also forget about it...I restarted kodi, and it worked...
Ok, now i see the issue.

That's strange since it's exactly the same constellation compared to my screenshot. 

Because of some reason my method to display the movies of a set seems not working in your environment. I use an own dummy list with ListItem.FolderPath as content for this list (which should be the location of the movies of this set). This list seems to be empty in your case...see also the "0 movies" at the bottom left of your screenshot, this is the number of items in my dummy container and indicates that something is wrong.

No idea what's going wrong currently ... how did you create your movie sets? With an external scraper or with the "Kodi method"?

Cheers Louis
Quote:ok, you can also forget about it...I restarted kodi, and it worked...
Wahhh  Big Grin

So the only issue left is the sort order of the "next episode" widget? Wink
(2019-07-08, 14:18)louis Wrote:
Quote:ok, you can also forget about it...I restarted kodi, and it worked...
Wahhh Big Grin

So the only issue left is the sort order of the "next episode" widget? Wink 

Yes...Again, sorry...don't know why it worked after the restart, but I guess that's still true  Laugh

Ok, update with adapted sort order for "next episodes" widget is available. If installed via my repo, skin and helper should update automatically to v0.3.2.

Cheers Louis
(2019-07-08, 17:43)louis Wrote: Ok, update with adapted sort order for "next episodes" widget is available. If installed via my repo, skin and helper should update automatically to v0.3.2.

Cheers Louis

Thanks ! I don't have it yet, but will try again later.

Three other things (hope it's not too much Smile)

1.) OSD: 

a) I am missing the very useful view that tells me when the movie/episode ends. This is something that most other skins have and I really would love to have it in unfussy..
b) as you can see the logos are covering up the time

2.) Info-Screen:

The text flows over/under the scrollbar which looks a little weird...

Btw.: all screens are from my Windows PC. I have to check if all of this is also true for my Shield TV...

Thanks again for your work..

best regards, Hermann
  • 1(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Unfussy3