• 27(current)
Beta Amber for Leia with Skinshortcuts
(2019-07-06, 22:11)bsoriano Wrote:
(2019-07-06, 22:10)treboR2Robert Wrote:
(2019-07-06, 22:08)bsoriano Wrote: You should see it if you go to Amber Settings, Manage Dependencies.

Regards,

Bart 
Thanks it says version 1.0.17 and has no option to update 

Ok, I will try with that version, it should work as well.

Regards,

Bart 

It's not really a problem because like i said you can do it manually, just thought you would like to know.
(2019-07-06, 00:03)bsoriano Wrote:
(2019-07-05, 22:09)edjalmo Wrote:
(2019-07-05, 19:05)bsoriano Wrote: That is not a cosmetic change, that is a re-design of the view.  I don't think I will do this right now.  However, if you have the time, please mock up how it would look for tv shows, movies, seasons, musicvideos, artists, albums and songs, and I will see what I can do.

Alternatively, you could just provide me a screenshot of the current view and point out in it the alignment issues you mentioned before.  That I could probably do fairly quickly.
My apologies! You're are completely right! I completely forgot all the other views (movies, musics...).
Look the new image.

My suggestion is that you create an invisible space for plot (like the brown square on image) and center the plot and other things (title, season, duration...) inside it. This way even if plot is short it will be centered with the thumbnail, poster, artist... images.
The red rectangles is the space between plot an this other things. My point is that this space be always the same.
What you think? This is possible?  
@edjalmo, thanks! I am not sure how to go about something like that, I need to think about it some more.  Thanks again for showing me exactly what you meant.

Regards,

Bart 
@edjalmo , please download the latest from Git.  While I did not accomplish exactly what you suggested, I think it looks closer now to what you were looking for.  This is as far as I will take this change.  I also updated the Brazilian Portuguese translation, thank you for providing it.

Regards,

Bart
(2019-07-07, 01:50)bsoriano Wrote: please download the latest from Git.  While I did not accomplish exactly what you suggested, I think it looks closer now to what you were looking for.  This is as far as I will take this change.  I also updated the Brazilian Portuguese translation, thank you for providing it.

Thanks, @bsoriano! Looks much better now!

I think in the future you can look at change the tall list with something like the previous image I sended! You talked before about how will look with movies, musics, etc. I Looked in to another skins and discovered the solution! Is just use fanart image instead poster (I discovered too that you can add a new list view type only for episodes if you want). But that sounds cool in my head, maybe it does not sound so much in practice. So do not worry about it now. See this in the future.

I saw that you solve the problem with the episodes grouped in season of skin helper widgets. Congratulations!
You make a pull request for the dev add to oficial version?
Here, without you version, it open the page with all Tv shows.
Supercalifragilisticexpialidocious! (inscribed in large friendly letters)
My hardware is a Raspberry Pi 3b (with LibreELEC)
(2019-07-07, 04:46)edjalmo Wrote:
(2019-07-07, 01:50)bsoriano Wrote: please download the latest from Git.  While I did not accomplish exactly what you suggested, I think it looks closer now to what you were looking for.  This is as far as I will take this change.  I also updated the Brazilian Portuguese translation, thank you for providing it.

Thanks, @bsoriano! Looks much better now!

I think in the future you can look at change the tall list with something like the previous image I sended! You talked before about how will look with movies, musics, etc. I Looked in to another skins and discovered the solution! Is just use fanart image instead poster (I discovered too that you can add a new list view type only for episodes if you want). But that sounds cool in my head, maybe it does not sound so much in practice. So do not worry about it now. See this in the future.

I saw that you solve the problem with the episodes grouped in season of skin helper widgets. Congratulations!
You make a pull request for the dev add to oficial version?
Here, without you version, it open the page with all Tv shows.

@edjalmo, you are correct, using only a landscape aspect ratio image like fanart would make the design easier. I am thinking that at some point I will replace the Big List view with something like what you suggested.

I have not submitted a PR for skin helper widgets. I know Marcel Veldt (the author) is extremely busy and has very little time for maintenance of the addon. That is why I decided to fork it and try to mod it myself.

Also, I could never get to work reliably the version that is in the Kodi community addons GitHub, so I modded the version from the Kodi repo.

Regards,

Bart
Hello all,

Today I pushed another update to Git, with a first level optimization of the shelves code based on @Mr. V 's suggestions.  At this time, I think this version of the skin is ready to be merged with the current Amber for Leia version.  Please let me know if there are any serious bugs/issues/problems that you are seeing/having that I would need to fix before proceeding.  I will wait 24 hours before going ahead with the merge.  

Thank you all for your patience, for testing and for continuing to use Amber.

Regards,

Bart
@bsoriano 

Hi Bart, I just done a completely fresh install of kodi 18.3, PKC 2.8.8 and the latest version of amber from your git on my pc.

I set up all basic amber settings then went back to the home menu.

I then went to back to amber settings "customize home menu and shelves".

I disabled every menu item apart from Movies, TV Shows, Power and Settings.

I then clicked "choose item for menu" for movies and it worked fine Smile

Next I clicked "customize submenu" for movies and disabled all items.

It popped up at the top that it was building the menu so i left it and it took me back to the main amber settings.

I then went back into "customize home menu and shelves" and all the main menu items I had disabled (weather etc..) were enabled. And also the movies item ( "choose item for menu" ) I had chosen had been reset. I checked the movies submenu and all of those were still disabled like i had set them.

Minor bug that can easily be worked around but thought i would let you know.

Thanks
Rob
Lol typical i just done the fresh install 20 mins ago before you posted about the first level optimization.

I will have another look
@bsoriano 

Actually if you don't mind I will leave it a little while until I hear back from @Croneter about a new bug introduced in the latest PKC update.

The "on deck" widget for TV shows has disappeared, hopefully it is something he can fix pretty quickly.
(2019-07-08, 23:47)treboR2Robert Wrote: Lol typical i just done the fresh install 20 mins ago before you posted about the first level optimization.

I will have another look

@treboR2Robert , my optimization did not touch that part of the code.  I was able to partially reproduce the issue you mention, and it seems to be a skinshortcuts problem.  What I found that worked for me is to do changes to menus/submenus first, go back to the main menu, and then change shelves/widgets. 

When I was doing both in one pass, sometimes skinshortcuts would exit and go back to the main menu and then when i went back to configure some of what I had configured was not like I had set it.  I think this is pretty much what you are describing.  Unfortunately, I don't know that I can do anything about it from the skin's perspective.

Regards,

Bart
(2019-07-08, 23:56)bsoriano Wrote:
(2019-07-08, 23:47)treboR2Robert Wrote: Lol typical i just done the fresh install 20 mins ago before you posted about the first level optimization.

I will have another look

@treboR2Robert , my optimization did not touch that part of the code.  I was able to partially reproduce the issue you mention, and it seems to be a skinshortcuts problem.  What I found that worked for me is to do changes to menus/submenus first, go back to the main menu, and then change shelves/widgets. 

When I was doing both in one pass, sometimes skinshortcuts would exit and go back to the main menu and then when i went back to configure some of what I had configured was not like I had set it.  I think this is pretty much what you are describing.  Unfortunately, I don't know that I can do anything about it from the skin's perspective.

Regards,

Bart

No worries Bart as you said there is ways around it, and it's no Biggie. I just thought I would confirm that it happened on my pc too and try and describe it a bit better for you.
And just to confirm this was before your latest update.
Hi!

Do you remember that I said that I could not reset all skin?! So, today I discover why. The problem is that I had not script.skin.helper.skinbackup installed. I installed it using manager dependencies and after this I can reset all skin.
My suggestion is to add an "to use this feature you need a add-on... Want install?", like exist in manager dependencies, directly in reset skin option too. This way you will help users like me that not know about this dependency (I think you mentioned this when added this option but I forget it).
The other thing is that after reset all skin they not create any shelve. In first skin installation it add default shelves, so reset all has to recreate they again, right?

Ah, actually it already have that option "are you sure?" that I suggested! But I think this is not skin side, because I could not find it to translate.

Thanks!
Supercalifragilisticexpialidocious! (inscribed in large friendly letters)
My hardware is a Raspberry Pi 3b (with LibreELEC)
(2019-07-09, 03:49)edjalmo Wrote: Hi!

Do you remember that I said that I could not reset all skin?! So, today I discover why. The problem is that I had not script.skin.helper.skinbackup installed. I installed it using manager dependencies and after this I can reset all skin.
My suggestion is to add an "to use this feature you need a add-on... Want install?", like exist in manager dependencies, directly in reset skin option too. This way you will help users like me that not know about this dependency (I think you mentioned this when added this option but I forget it).
The other thing is that after reset all skin they not create any shelve. In first skin installation it add default shelves, so reset all has to recreate they again, right?

Ah, actually it already have that option "are you sure?" that I suggested! But I think this is not skin side, because I could not find it to translate.

Thanks!

@edjalmo, thanks! I did not even think about that possibility. I will add the prompt to install the addon if it is not present. I will also check where I am taking the Are You Sure? message so it can be localized.

As for the default shelves, I have removed that functionality, since it was creating problems.

Regards,

Bart
(2019-07-08, 23:52)treboR2Robert Wrote: @bsoriano 

Actually if you don't mind I will leave it a little while until I hear back from @Croneter about a new bug introduced in the latest PKC update.

The "on deck" widget for TV shows has disappeared, hopefully it is something he can fix pretty quickly.

If your Plex library is synced to Kodi, the widgets work fine. But you need to be careful how you set the widgets, please see here: https://github.com/croneter/PlexKodiConnect/issues/835
(2019-07-05, 22:36)treboR2Robert Wrote: Maybe another "small" bug.

When I am watching something if I fast forward the pause buttons stays as a pause button instead of changing to a play button, but when you click it, it plays not pauses.

This seems to be the same using estuary, even though estuary doesn't have fast forward or rewind buttons (it has chapter skip buttons)
I have mapped certain remote buttons for FF and RW and bringing up the OSD in estuary while Rewinding or FF'ing the button is also a pause button but does not pause it plays.

Probably something to do with kodi
@treboR2Robert , this should now be fixed on Git.  Please test and let me know.  Thanks.

Regards,

Bart
  • 27(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Amber for Leia with Skinshortcuts1