Cant Connect to Media Portal
Thanks a lot, Fatdadah, for your tip !

At last, a solution which really works... at least for me Smile

Just a precision : the new firewall rule for 9596 port must be set for "incoming connection".

Greetings !
(2019-07-10, 17:42)JeePeCe Wrote: Thanks a lot, Fatdadah, for your tip !

Just a precision : the new firewall rule for 9596 port must be set for "incoming connection".

Greetings !
Hi All,

I have checked the Windows Firewall logs (after enabling logging of dropped packets)

The following Windows Firewall rules should allow correct access to the Windows device with MediaPortal installed;
1. Inbound - TCP Ports 554 and 9596
2. Inbound - UDP Ports 1900 and 9596

Setting these values allows me to connect AND stream Recorded TV and Live TV to my Android and remote Windows 10 device.
To identify when Windows blocks inbound traffic you need to enable logging of dropped packets for the network profile in use and make an attempt to connect. Once the attempt fails, review the log file (path to file is %SystemRoot%\System32\LogFiles\Firewall), this will identify the ports the remote device is attempting to access and will indicate the inbound firewall ports you need to open.

Windows 10 1909
MediaPortal 1.5.0
(2020-05-12, 21:43)Blobbyguts Wrote:
(2019-07-10, 17:42)JeePeCe Wrote: Thanks a lot, Fatdadah, for your tip !

Greetings !
Hi All,

I have checked the Windows Firewall logs (after enabling logging of dropped packets)

The following Windows Firewall rules should allow correct access to the Windows device with MediaPortal installed;
1. Inbound - TCP Ports 554 and 9596
2. Inbound - UDP Ports 1900 and 9596

Setting these values allows me to connect AND stream Recorded TV and Live TV to my Android and remote Windows 10 device.
To identify when Windows blocks inbound traffic you need to enable logging of dropped packets for the network profile in use and make an attempt to connect. Once the attempt fails, review the log file (path to file is %SystemRoot%\System32\LogFiles\Firewall), this will identify the ports the remote device is attempting to access and will indicate the inbound firewall ports you need to open.

Windows 10 1909
MediaPortal 1.5.0 
Additional information to the above;
Ensure the following configuration for the Kodi MediaPortal PVR Client PlugIn
Playback Settings
  • Streaming Method - TSReader
  • Use RTSP Streaming - Enabled

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Cant Connect to Media Portal0