• 9(current)
Deprecated Weatherbit.io
ok, give this a shot, remove this folder 'C:\Users\Jason Sears\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\script.module.pil\' and restart kodi.
Do not PM or e-mail Team-Kodi members directly asking for support.
Always read the Forum rules, Kodi online-manual, FAQ, Help and Search the forum before posting.
Figured it out.  Deleted script.module.pil and the maps display.
error on libreelec latest with brussels set as location. tried using lat/long as someone posted above with the same error.
Quote:2019-04-16 19:01:51.498 T:3144004464   ERROR: EXCEPTION Thrown (PythonToCppException) : -->Python callback/script returned the following error<--
                                             - NOTE: IGNORING THIS CAN LEAD TO MEMORY LEAKS!
                                            Error Type: <type 'exceptions.TypeError'>
                                            Error Contents: 'NoneType' object is not iterable
                                            Traceback (most recent call last):
                                              File "/storage/.kodi/addons/weather.weatherbit.io/default.py", line 495, in <module>
                                                locationname, locationdeg = geoip()
                                            TypeError: 'NoneType' object is not iterable
                                            -->End of Python script error report<--
Great alternative to Yahoo!

Running Kodi 18.1 (Leia) with LibreELEC 9.0.1 (RPi2.arm) on RPi3 B+

Thanks roni (much appreciated).
(2019-04-16, 19:05)Ruckus Wrote: error on libreelec latest with brussels set as location. tried using lat/long as someone posted above with the same error.
Quote:2019-04-16 19:01:51.498 T:3144004464   ERROR: EXCEPTION Thrown (PythonToCppException) : -->Python callback/script returned the following error<--
                                             - NOTE: IGNORING THIS CAN LEAD TO MEMORY LEAKS!
                                            Error Type: <type 'exceptions.TypeError'>
                                            Error Contents: 'NoneType' object is not iterable
                                            Traceback (most recent call last):
                                              File "/storage/.kodi/addons/weather.weatherbit.io/default.py", line 495, in <module>
                                                locationname, locationdeg = geoip()
                                            TypeError: 'NoneType' object is not iterable
                                            -->End of Python script error report<--

same error with Nvidia SHIELD

thx for help!
(2018-09-11, 00:04)ronie Wrote: 1 enable debug logging in kodi
2 enable logging in the weatherbit.io addon settings
3 restart kodi
4 go to the weather window
5 wait a few minutes
6 post the entire kodi.log file

Just installed from the repo, entered my API keys (weatherbit.io and openweathermap), but I only see a "BUSY" message and no weather data.  The log seems that the script cannot connect.  As requested, I completed steps 1-6.  Link to debug log.
Need help programming a Streamzap remote?
thx, looks like there's a problem connecting to both weatherbit.io and openweathermap.

makes me wonder, can kodi connect to the internet at all on your system?
Always read the Forum rules, Kodi online-manual, FAQ, Help and Search the forum before posting.
(2019-05-23, 12:53)ronie Wrote: thx, looks like there's a problem connecting to both weatherbit.io and openweathermap.

makes me wonder, can kodi connect to the internet at all on your system?

Yes, I am able to use the youtube plugin and scrape content with Kodi scrapers.  I can also see the IP of the box is successfully sending an DNS request to the following URLs when I view the weather plugin (pi-hole logs this):

* api.weatherbit.io
* weatherbit.io
* openweathermap.org

Is there any way to get more debug info from the scripts?
(2019-05-23, 20:59)graysky Wrote: Is there any way to get more debug info from the scripts? 

i've added a bit of additional log info in these versions:
weather.weatherbit.io-0.0.17.zip
script.openweathermap.maps-0.2.4.zip

a possible cause for your issue could be incorrectly entered api keys...
@ronie - Thank you.  Debug log with these versions.

Is this the problem?
Code:
ERROR: Control 15100 in window 12600 has been asked to focus, but it can't
in the last log, kodi isn't running the weather addon at all... for one reason or another..
can you double check weatherbit.io is still enabled and selected as the default weather addon?
If I nav to settings>add-ons>weather, "Weatherbit IO" has a check next to it.  Then if I go to settings>services>weather, "none" was selected.  That was the problem.  It's working now.  Has it always been the case that enabling a weather addon from add-ons did not set that in the services?  In any case, thank you for the support and for this really great addon!
Weird maps: https://imgur.com/Kd5pZ2v

No city names, no state borders. On web it seems fine.
Hi ronie,

There is a copy/paste error in default.py in the method "def hourly_props(data)". Retrieving the value of the pod is incorrect. Instead of "pod = data['data'][0]['pod']", "pod = item['pod']" must be used.
Due to the error, the icons of daylight are used instead of those of the night.
Using latest OSMC, fully updated, I don't see any maps, or am unaware how to access them.
  • 9(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Weatherbit.io0