• 31(current)
Beta Amber for Leia with Skinshortcuts
(2019-07-13, 22:50)bsoriano Wrote: OK, I understand now. If that were the case, then the image would always be there, or were you thinking that you would only have it when the plot is not shown completely? Also, if I do that, then it would only be for the video info dialog, which is the only place with a clickable plot.

I completely forgot this. So I don't know if show this always will look good.
And yes, this clickable thing was just for video info dialog, but I was thinking in add the three dots (without clicking) in other views too.
Supercalifragilisticexpialidocious! (inscribed in large friendly letters)
My hardware is a Raspberry Pi 3b (with LibreELEC)
(2019-07-13, 23:59)edjalmo Wrote:
(2019-07-13, 22:50)bsoriano Wrote: OK, I understand now. If that were the case, then the image would always be there, or were you thinking that you would only have it when the plot is not shown completely? Also, if I do that, then it would only be for the video info dialog, which is the only place with a clickable plot.

I completely forgot this. So I don't know if show this always will look good.
And yes, this clickable thing was just for video info dialog, but I was thinking in add the three dots (without clicking) in other views too. 

@edjalmo , please take a look at the latest from Git.  It still is only there for the sets info dialog, until I get it right.  Let me know what you think.  Thanks.

Regards,

Bart
(2019-07-14, 00:18)bsoriano Wrote: please take a look at the latest from Git.  It still is only there for the sets info dialog, until I get it right.  Let me know what you think.  Thanks.

Align the icon with the end of plot text.
You decrease plot size. I think have space to show more. Put it like it was, but cut just that last line that show text cutted when big.

I think put the dots for plot click will not work good, because we can't click when is short, and will not be able to see movies headlines in this cases. Maybe exist a solution for this but I think you can back like it was until we discover.
(2019-07-14, 03:00)edjalmo Wrote:
(2019-07-14, 00:18)bsoriano Wrote: please take a look at the latest from Git.  It still is only there for the sets info dialog, until I get it right.  Let me know what you think.  Thanks.

You decrease plot size. I think have space to show more. Put it like it was, but cut just that last line that show text cutted when big.

I think put the dots for plot click will not work good, because we can't click when is short, and will not be able to see movies headlines in this cases. Maybe exist a solution for this but I think you can back like it was until we discover.

I don’t follow what you are saying about not seeing movies headlines? Please clarify. Thanks.
(2019-07-14, 03:03)bsoriano Wrote: I don’t follow what you are saying about not seeing movies headlines? Please clarify. Thanks.

I think the correct name is tagline (I forgot the name). But it the thing that show in movie (in plot view) between the title and the plot.
(2019-07-14, 03:07)edjalmo Wrote:
(2019-07-14, 03:03)bsoriano Wrote: I don’t follow what you are saying about not seeing movies headlines? Please clarify. Thanks.

I think the correct name is tagline (I forgot the name). But it the thing that show in movie (in plot view) between the title and the plot.

So what you are saying is that if the plot is short and the button is not there, you have no way of seeing the tagline of the movie, since you can’t open the textviewer?

If that is the case, I can have the button present independently of the plot being long or not.
(2019-07-14, 03:03)bsoriano Wrote:
(2019-07-14, 03:00)edjalmo Wrote:

I don’t follow what you are saying about not seeing movies headlines? Please clarify. Thanks.

What kind of alignment were you looking for? I don’t like the button to be “touching” the text, that’s why I reduced the plot height. Also, there will always be the possibility of text showing as being cut off, since this depends on how the plot is written (spaces between lines, etc.)
(2019-07-14, 03:11)bsoriano Wrote: So what you are saying is that if the plot is short and the button is not there, you have no way of seeing the tagline of the movie, since you can’t open the textviewer?

Exactly!
(2019-07-14, 03:11)bsoriano Wrote: If that is the case, I can have the button present independently of the plot being long or not.

Could be a solution.
(2019-07-14, 03:15)bsoriano Wrote: What kind of alignment were you looking for? I don’t like the button to be “touching” the text, that’s why I reduced the plot height. Also, there will always be the possibility of text showing as being cut off, since this depends on how the plot is written (spaces between lines, etc.)

I don't like the button touching the text too. But the way it are are wasting much space. Put plot size until is very close to touch the button. And align a little to left to coincide with text.
(2019-07-14, 03:21)edjalmo Wrote:
(2019-07-14, 03:15)bsoriano Wrote: What kind of alignment were you looking for? I don’t like the button to be “touching” the text, that’s why I reduced the plot height. Also, there will always be the possibility of text showing as being cut off, since this depends on how the plot is written (spaces between lines, etc.)

I don't like the button touching the text too. But the way it are are wasting much space. Put plot size until is very close to touch the button. And align a little to left to coincide with text. 
Understood.  Please test the latest from Git and let me know.  Thanks.

Regards,

Bart
(2019-07-14, 03:40)bsoriano Wrote: Understood.  Please test the latest from Git and let me know.  Thanks.

Perfect!
I couldn't see yet how will look when plot cut a portion of the text (because my sets don`t have big plot), but I think will look good.
Thanks!
(2019-07-14, 04:17)edjalmo Wrote: I couldn't see yet how will look when plot cut a portion of the text (because my sets don`t have big plot), but I think will look good.

I could see how look when plot cut a portion of the text. I still think that have to put plot size like was before.
So, I tried edit the file with the position I liked more.
This is the result (a lot of trial and error): https://pastebin.com/D3pbji3S
What do you think?
(2019-07-14, 16:34)edjalmo Wrote:
(2019-07-14, 04:17)edjalmo Wrote: I couldn't see yet how will look when plot cut a portion of the text (because my sets don`t have big plot), but I think will look good.

I could see how look when plot cut a portion of the text. I still think that have to put plot size like was before.
So, I tried edit the file with the position I liked more.
This is the result (a lot of trial and error): https://pastebin.com/D3pbji3S
What do you think? 
@edjalmo , the button looks better, thank you.  I had to reduce the plot height by 5 pixels, as there were a lot of cases with my sets where the text touched the button.  I also increased the height of the vertical divider line, so that the button did not look to go below the separator line.  The result is the latest in Git.  Please try it and let me know what you think.

Also, I like the idea of including this in the regular video info dialog, but I will not include it in all views for all plot boxes, since it can only be clickable in the info dialogs.  It doesn't make sense, to me, to have the indicator if you cannot do anything about it.

Regards,

Bart
(2019-07-14, 17:44)bsoriano Wrote: the button looks better, thank you.  I had to reduce the plot height by 5 pixels, as there were a lot of cases with my sets where the text touched the button.  I also increased the height of the vertical divider line, so that the button did not look to go below the separator line.  The result is the latest in Git.  Please try it and let me know what you think.
I tested and I think we agree, and come to a final version of it! Smile Thanks!
(2019-07-14, 17:44)bsoriano Wrote: Also, I like the idea of including this in the regular video info dialog, but I will not include it in all views for all plot boxes, since it can only be clickable in the info dialogs.  It doesn't make sense, to me, to have the indicator if you cannot do anything about it.
I understand! I was thinking in the other plot boxes to not be clickable, just indicate that exist more text. But I agree that the idea of a button will not look good in other plot boxes. Maybe, if you want try, put just the three dots text (without button frame) below the plot, centralized, maybe look good (and disable this if auto scrolling is on).
(2019-07-14, 18:35)edjalmo Wrote:
(2019-07-14, 17:44)bsoriano Wrote: the button looks better, thank you.  I had to reduce the plot height by 5 pixels, as there were a lot of cases with my sets where the text touched the button.  I also increased the height of the vertical divider line, so that the button did not look to go below the separator line.  The result is the latest in Git.  Please try it and let me know what you think.
I tested and I think we agree, and come to a final version of it! Smile Thanks!
(2019-07-14, 17:44)bsoriano Wrote: Also, I like the idea of including this in the regular video info dialog, but I will not include it in all views for all plot boxes, since it can only be clickable in the info dialogs.  It doesn't make sense, to me, to have the indicator if you cannot do anything about it.
I understand! I was thinking in the other plot boxes to not be clickable, just indicate that exist more text. But I agree that the idea of a button will not look good in other plot boxes. Maybe, if you want try, put just the three dots text (without button) below the plot, centralized, maybe look good (and disable this if auto scrolling is on).

@edjalmo, I will try it and see how it looks. I will let you know when it’s done so you can give me your feedback. Thanks.

Regards,

Bart
  • 31(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Amber for Leia with Skinshortcuts1