• 15(current)
Req BD and UHD BD Menu support
(2019-05-03, 14:53)RockerC Wrote: Sorry but you are not posting in the relevant thread as this thread is only about the "menus" part on Blu-rays, and not about Kodi decrypting Blu-ray decryption.

I'm ALSO asking about how to support Java on Windows and other things critical to menus with BD support. And I'd argue that decryption the discs to play the MENUS on discs is closely enough related to the the topic to warrant better reply then 'Wrong thread, bro' followed by an evidently incorrect explanation that Kodi does not support decryption.
I don't own any Blu-rays so unable to test, so it's a case of trying to piece the info together.

See https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid...pid2847199 from this I would guess the locations listed on https://vlc-bluray.whoknowsmy.name for the key file also apply to Kodi. However I don't think we include libbdplus so the MakeMKV method maybe still the more reliable.

No we are not going to put a step by step guide on wiki, and neither is a Team member going to put one on the forum. Even though all the infrastructure is there, the Team can point users in the right direction, but we can't be seen giving detailed instruction on how to break decryption. Users however free to post guides, just that no one has bothered producing a detailed one yet.
I got UHD Blu-Ray working with Leia 18.2 but I have used the libblu-ray I dragged from Jriver's player. 

Installed this:
jre-8u211-windows-x64.exe

Moved this files:
libbluray-2.dll
libbluray-awt-j2se-1.1.0.jar
libbluray-j2se-1.1.0.jar
libfreetype-6.dll
libxml2-2.dll

Renamed for Kodi needs and it's really awesome that kodi supports UHD Blu-rays now. Really awesome. 

Now, to anyone wanting to try this with DSPlayer Kodi because of MadVR support. First the DSplayer will play only the main title, the max you can get are simplified menus. 
Second, the default video player on Krypton does not support it. 

The thing with JRiver is that it can play UHD BD using MadVR and I can drag and drop my already configured MadVR installation folder and use it with it.
Still kodi has a much nicer GUI and so many options during playback like instant downloading subtitles that is hard to let go. 

Now I see two next steps that would be great:
> running Java on Android TV or Nvidia Shield. 
> bringing MadVR support into Kodi. 

Let's see what we can expect from Kodi 19. Maybe some good surprises ahead.
People that got Java running on Linux could share some light?

I already have Leia 18.2 running. 
JRE is installed but it can't detected it. 

How can this be done?
Libbluray is already on version 1.1.2 (https://code.videolan.org/videolan/libbl.../ChangeLog) and all UHD menu are working perfectly on VLC.
When a update for Kodi ?
(2019-05-09, 17:48)fandangos Wrote: People that got Java running on Linux could share some light?

How can this be done?

A classic reason for this is that the bit versions differ from each other.
If you install 32 bit Kodi, then it also has to be 32 bit Java.
And a 64 bit Kodi needs a 64 bit Java.
The bit version of your Java install typically depends on the bit version of the browser you used to download Java with.
(2019-05-09, 17:48)fandangos Wrote: People that got Java running on Linux could share some light?

How can this be done?
You also need libbluray-j2se-1.0.2.jar and maybe set environment variable LIBBLURAY_CP which points to folder with libbluray-*.jar in it (need / at the end). Or set whole path to this .jar file.

Enable kodi debug logging and inside you will see the reason for not working menus.
Is it possible on Kodi for Android TV? Integration of libbluray and so on...
(2019-07-15, 12:00)_novalis Wrote: Is it possible on Kodi for Android TV? Integration of libbluray and so on...

libbluray yes and it's already being used on by KODI on Android. The culprit for BD-J menus here is the requirement for a Java runtime which is kinda difficult on Android and the reason why BD-J menus are not working there atm. HDMV menus should work fine though, but very few blurays use them these days
(2019-07-15, 13:56)da-anda Wrote: HDMV menus should work fine though, but very few blurays use them these days

Ah ok, sure the JRE is the problem.
Nolan Blurays mostly use HDMV. Seems much easier to handle, much quicker and more stable. Should be the Standard.
(2019-07-15, 13:56)da-anda Wrote:
(2019-07-15, 12:00)_novalis Wrote: Is it possible on Kodi for Android TV? Integration of libbluray and so on...

libbluray yes and it's already being used on by KODI on Android. The culprit for BD-J menus here is the requirement for a Java runtime which is kinda difficult on Android and the reason why BD-J menus are not working there atm. HDMV menus should work fine though, but very few blurays use them these days

any news ??
Any advance?

thanks
(2021-01-04, 23:45)daicon Wrote:
(2019-07-15, 13:56)da-anda Wrote:

any news ??
Any advance?

thanks

I looked into this and could not get it to work.

There's a Java Rutime Enviroment for Android now, thanks to people developing for Termux.
You can find the binaries here:

https://github.com/MasterDevX/Termux-Jav...er/openjdk

I added it to the nvidia shield and exported the JAVA_HOME path in Kodi itself with:
Quote:setenv("JAVA_HOME", "/storage/emulated/0/JAVA/", 1);

and added the *.jar files needed for 1.2.1 version used by Kodi Matrix today. 

I could not get Kodi or even bypassing Kodi's check, get libbluray to see it. 
I even posted on libbluray mailing list and got nothing and asked vpeter (the developer that added libbluray BD-J support to CoreElec (linux)), no one knows and at this moment I think this is beyond anything could code for it's just too much work.
(2021-01-05, 00:07)fandangos Wrote:
(2021-01-04, 23:45)daicon Wrote:
(2019-07-15, 13:56)da-anda Wrote: libbluray yes and it's already being used on by KODI on Android. The culprit for BD-J menus here is the requirement for a Java runtime which is kinda difficult on Android and the reason why BD-J menus are not working there atm. HDMV menus should work fine though, but very few blurays use them these days

any news ??
Any advance?

thanks

There's a Java Rutime Enviroment for Android now, thanks to people developing for Termux.

I added it to the nvidia shield and exported the JAVA_HOME path in Kodi itself with:

I even posted on libbluray mailing list and got nothing and asked vpeter (the developer that added libbluray BD-J support to CoreElec (linux)), no one knows and at this moment I think this is beyond anything could code for it's just too much work.
Hmm
I get it.

But how big is the problem?

It is incredible that being Android, the problem is java.

: -S

thanks
(2021-01-05, 00:22)daicon Wrote:
(2021-01-05, 00:07)fandangos Wrote:
(2021-01-04, 23:45)daicon Wrote: any news ??
Any advance?

thanks

Hmm
I get it.

thanks

I guess the problem is how libbluray access the java code. 

Java runs on command base on windows/linux. 
If you run a terminal and do
$ java -version
you get an output. 
If you do the same from a terminal on android you get nothing, unless you install java runtime enviroment.

That's the same reason why you need Java emulators to play those old java games on android.
(2021-01-05, 01:19)fandangos Wrote:
(2021-01-05, 00:22)daicon Wrote:
(2021-01-05, 00:07)fandangos Wrote: I looked into this and could not get it to work.

Hmm
I get it.

thanks

I guess the problem is how libbluray access the java code. 

Java runs on command base on windows/linux. 
If you run a terminal and do
$ java -version
you get an output. 
If you do the same from a terminal on android you get nothing, unless you install java runtime enviroment.

That's the same reason why you need Java emulators to play those old java games on android.
I get it.

So, if I understood you correctly, you tried to install Tumux on the shield and give Kodi access.

But haven't you succeeded?

You say that the developer of the library does not know the reason?

But have they tried?
  • 15(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
BD and UHD BD Menu support3