• 31(current)
Release Amber for Leia/Matrix/Nexus
(2019-07-15, 21:52)SHartwig Wrote: You did a great job. I noticed, that the Shelves show icons now instead of the Cover Artwork in Playlist Widgets.

@SHartwig , I just fixed this issue.  You can find an updated version in GitHub or the Amber repo.  Please test and let me know if it is working properly for you now.  Thanks.

Regards,

Bart
(2019-07-15, 22:06)Cyberdom Wrote: @bsoriano, what does it take to update the french translation ?

@Cyberdom , in essence, it would take the following:

1. Compare your current French translation (strings.po file) with the new English language file (strings.po file).
2. Find what msgctxt numbers and msgid's are in the new English language file, but not on the French translation.
3. Add all of the new msgctxt and msgid's to the French translation file.
4. Translate all of the new messages (insert the French translation in the msgstr field for each new message).
5. Save the new French translation file, and put it up in a cloud drive or file sharing site and PM me the link or post it here in the forum.

Regards,

Bart
OK, at first glance, the lines starting with "#: /shortcuts/overrides.xml" and those starting at 32043 are missing in the French language file.
For example :
Code:
#: /shortcuts/overrides.xml
msgctxt "# 31425"
msgid "In Progress Movies"
msgstr ""
I will try to translate that when I have time.

I also noticed on the shelf of recently viewed TV channels from the Tvheadend HTSP Client add-on that the list did not get updated when I watch a TV channel.
(2019-07-15, 23:59)Cyberdom Wrote: OK, at first glance, the lines starting with "#: /shortcuts/overrides.xml" and those starting at 32043 are missing in the French language file.
For example :
Code:
msgctxt "# 31425"
msgstr ""

I also noticed on the shelf of recently viewed TV channels from the Tvheadend HTSP Client add-on that the list did not get updated when I watch a TV channel.
@Cyberdom , thanks for taking the time to translate.

As for the recently played TV channels shelf, please go to the shelf configuration and change the sort order and direction to lastplayed, descending.  The shelf by default sorts on channel name.  I will fix that going forward.  I don't have TVHeadend to test with, but with IPTV Simple Client when I play a channel, the shelf gets updated correctly.

Regards,

Bart
(2019-07-15, 22:47)bsoriano Wrote:
(2019-07-15, 21:52)SHartwig Wrote: You did a great job. I noticed, that the Shelves show icons now instead of the Cover Artwork in Playlist Widgets.

@SHartwig , I just fixed this issue.  You can find an updated version in GitHub or the Amber repo.  Please test and let me know if it is working properly for you now.  Thanks.

Regards,

Bart 

All is fine now. Thank you very much.
(2019-07-15, 18:20)bsoriano Wrote: @Marzullad, I found out that in the Jarvis shelves, this functionality was provided by the addon service.skin.widgets (make sure you have this addon in your system).  It is called Recommended Episodes.  I have just added this shelf to Amber.  You will find it in Default Shelves, Episodes, Recommended Episodes.

The Amber repo is already updated with this change, as well as the skin's GitHub repo.  Please test and let me know if this is what you were looking for.  Thanks.

Regards,

Bart 

I just tested the 'Recommended Episodes' shelves and it works perfectly. It was exactly what I was looking for! It is amazing you were able to track this down and add this to the repo so fast! Thank you very much and keep up the good work! Big Grin
(2019-07-16, 00:10)bsoriano Wrote:
(2019-07-15, 23:59)Cyberdom Wrote: OK, at first glance, the lines starting with "#: /shortcuts/overrides.xml" and those starting at 32043 are missing in the French language file.
For example :
Code:
msgctxt "# 31425"
msgstr ""

As for the recently played TV channels shelf, please go to the shelf configuration and change the sort order and direction to lastplayed, descending.  The shelf by default sorts on channel name.  I will fix that going forward.  I don't have TVHeadend to test with, but with IPTV Simple Client when I play a channel, the shelf gets updated correctly.

Regards,

Bart    
Thank you for these details @bsoriano. I configured the sorting of the shelf and now the last watched TV channels are displayed in order.
Hi @bsoriano 
Today I was navating in Rotten Tomatoes and I noticed something there. They show they ratings in % (0 to 100) and not in 0 to 10. 
Base on that I went to other ratings sites that skin support and figure out that only IMDb work with 0 to 10 ratings, all the others is in % (0 to 100). I could not check the TVDB because I not saw ratings in they site.

Look:
https://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/empire_strikes_back
https://www.metacritic.com/movie/star-wa...rikes-back
https://www.themoviedb.org/movie/1891-th...rikes-back
https://www.thetvdb.com/series/chernobyl...es/7082952
https://www.themoviedb.org/tv/87108-cher.../episode/1 (The Movie DB use 0 to 10 for episodes and 0 to 100% for tv show)

Having said that, I checked my MyVideos116.db file and saw this

I use Universal Movie Scraper with OMDb API key. So, seems that it scraper not in % like the sites use, they scraper in 0 to 10, I don't know why.

Is possible to show ratings like is on ratings sites (in %)? Or this has to come from scraper, NFO files?
Supercalifragilisticexpialidocious! (inscribed in large friendly letters)
My hardware is a Raspberry Pi 3b (with LibreELEC)
how can i use next episode on row 2 in the shelves. i only want to use 2 shelves in the menu TV shows?
(2019-07-16, 19:19)edjalmo Wrote: Hi @bsoriano 
Today I was navating in Rotten Tomatoes and I noticed something there. They show they ratings in % (0 to 100) and not in 0 to 10. 
Base on that I went to other ratings sites that skin support and figure out that only IMDb work with 0 to 10 ratings, all the others is in % (0 to 100). I could not check the TVDB because I not saw ratings in they site.

Look:
https://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/empire_strikes_back
https://www.metacritic.com/movie/star-wa...rikes-back
https://www.themoviedb.org/movie/1891-th...rikes-back
https://www.thetvdb.com/series/chernobyl...es/7082952
https://www.themoviedb.org/tv/87108-cher.../episode/1 (The Movie DB use 0 to 10 for episodes and 0 to 100% for tv show)

Having said that, I checked my MyVideos116.db file and saw this

I use Universal Movie Scraper with OMDb API key. So, seems that it scraper not in % like the sites use, they scraper in 0 to 10, I don't know why.

Is possible to show ratings like is on ratings sites (in %)? Or this has to come from scraper, NFO files?
@edjalmo, it would be possible, but it would require a lot of code. Most of the skins that show the info as a % are showing data from skin helper service, which I will not do. I chose to show the ratings as they are in the Kodi db.

If you know of a skin that is showing the ratings as % and not using skin helper service, please let me know so I can look at how it can be done. Thanks.

Regards,

Bart
(2019-07-16, 20:11)juleke147 Wrote: how can i use next episode on row 2 in the shelves. i only want to use 2 shelves in the menu TV shows?

@juleke147, what exactly are you trying to do? Do you want two different shelves for your tv shows and one of them to be Next Episodes? Or do you want Next Episodes to occupy both rows? By the way, since shelf navigation is done by pressing Up, when you use “two shelves together”, shelf 1 is the bottom row and shelf 2 is the top row.

Please let me know exactly what you want to do, so I can better help you. Thanks.

Regards,

Bart
@Cyberdom thank you for your updated French translation.  I have just added it to the skin, it is on GitHub and the Amber repo.

Regards,

Bart
Hello all,

A few things I wanted to point out that I did not in my post introducing Amber 3.2.0:

1.  Since shelf navigation is done by pressing Up to move between shelves, when using "Two Shelves Together", Shelf 1 will always be the bottom row, and Shelf 2 will be the top row.  I apologize if this is different than before, but now navigation in the shelves is consistent no matter what option you choose.

2. If you choose to use my modded version of script.skin.helper.widgets, please note that this version is a mod of the Kodi repo version (1.0.22), not of the MarcelVeldt's beta repo version (1.0.38).  This point is important, because my modded version will work well alongside the other Kodi repo versions of the skin helper addons.  Please ensure that you have the Kodi repo version of all of the skin helper addons, as well as script.module.metadatautils and script.module.simplecache.  To be on the safe side, please turn off auto-update for all of those addons.  Again, this only applies if you want to use my modded version of skin helper widgets.

3.  The Next Aired episodes shelf that is part of Default Shelves, Episodes, uses the addon script.tv.show.next.aired.  I have only been able to obtain consistent and correct results using the Kodi repo version of this addon (6.0.15) and not the MarcelVeldt's beta repo version (7.0.1).  Keep this in mind if you do not see the episodes you should be seeing or if the times are not correct.  I suggest using the Kodi repo version and turning off auto-update for this addon.  
This shelf replaces the Episodes Airing Today from skin helper widgets (which you can find under Addtional Shelves) and should be a lot faster.

Regards,

Bart
(2019-07-16, 20:27)bsoriano Wrote: it would be possible, but it would require a lot of code. Most of the skins that show the info as a % are showing data from skin helper service, which I will not do. I chose to show the ratings as they are in the Kodi db.

If you know of a skin that is showing the ratings as % and not using skin helper service, please let me know so I can look at how it can be done. Thanks.
I didn't know that.
I thought an simple multiplication could solve that.
I did a little search to saw if is possible to do math operations in XML files. In this search I found about XSLT files (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/XSLT), and for what I have understand this is like a CSS for HTML, and it's possible to make math operations using this (and for what I have understand too can be add inside a XML file too). I don't know if Kodi support this.

I found this exemple here: https://stackoverflow.com/questions/4369...d-then-sum
The solution 1 sounds very simple!
I tried made this with your ratings in skin but without sucess. But I understand nothing about XML (I just know how to edit positions) and XSLT.
But maybe you can undestand.

But if you think this is difficult or a waste of time just to show in %, no problem! Smile
Supercalifragilisticexpialidocious! (inscribed in large friendly letters)
My hardware is a Raspberry Pi 3b (with LibreELEC)
(2019-07-16, 20:32)bsoriano Wrote:
(2019-07-16, 20:11)juleke147 Wrote: how can i use next episode on row 2 in the shelves. i only want to use 2 shelves in the menu TV shows?

@juleke147, what exactly are you trying to do? Do you want two different shelves for your tv shows and one of them to be Next Episodes? Or do you want Next Episodes to occupy both rows? By the way, since shelf navigation is done by pressing Up, when you use “two shelves together”, shelf 1 is the bottom row and shelf 2 is the top row.

Please let me know exactly what you want to do, so I can better help you. Thanks.

Regards,

Bart
i found it thx
can i go back to the previous amber version? i'm old fashion and when i used to something, i don't like to change Smile
  • 31(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Amber for Leia/Matrix/Nexus5