Unable able to play certain video files from external hard drive in Kodi
Hello all,

I am hoping to find help with this as I am at a loss. Here is my setup:
Linksys EA9500 router with my WD 8TB hard drive plugged into that back of it.
Nvidia Shield for streaming.
Kodi 18.3

I currently have the external drive mounted in the network section of the Nvidia Shield. Kodi is able to recognize the storage and I am able to play some of my movies and TV shows. The ones I am not able to play are no different from the ones I can play as far as format. I can even play the ones that I can't play in Kodi and on the Shield, on my laptop just accessing the network share. When I click on the ones that don't work, it acknowledges the click, but nothing plays.

Hoping I am not the only or that there are people out there that can lend suggestions.

Thanks in advanced for the help!
To receive meaningful assistance you will need to provide a full debug log.

The instructions are here... debug log (wiki)

If you are using the Basic Method, then ensure the following is applied...
1.Enable debugging in Settings>System Settings>Logging,
2.Restart Kodi
3.Replicate the problem.
4.Upload the log to Kodi Paste Site manually or use the Kodi Logfile Uploader. (wiki) With either method post the link to the log back here.

If you are using the Advanced Method ensure you have correctly created and applied the advancedsettings.xml file (wiki)

In both instances, you should see the word DEBUG throughout the log.

Note: Full logs only. No partial or redacted logs
Do NOT post your logs directly into the forum. Use the Kodi Paste Site. Post the link to your pasted log in the forum
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
(2019-07-18, 01:29)Karellen Wrote: To receive meaningful assistance you will need to provide a full debug log.

The instructions are here... debug log (wiki)

If you are using the Basic Method, then ensure the following is applied...
1.Enable debugging in Settings>System Settings>Logging,
2.Restart Kodi
3.Replicate the problem.
4.Upload the log to Kodi Paste Site manually or use the Kodi Logfile Uploader. (wiki) With either method post the link to the log back here.

If you are using the Advanced Method ensure you have correctly created and applied the advancedsettings.xml file (wiki)

In both instances, you should see the word DEBUG throughout the log.

Note: Full logs only. No partial or redacted logs
Do NOT post your logs directly into the forum. Use the Kodi Paste Site. Post the link to your pasted log in the forum
https://paste.kodi.tv/hupazopobo.kodi

I clicked on about 5 to 6 different movies that don't work.

Thanks again.
Thanks, do you mind creating another log, this time showing a couple of movies that will play in addition to a couple that do not play? Exactly as you did above.
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
(2019-07-18, 02:00)Karellen Wrote: Thanks, do you mind creating another log, this time showing a couple of movies that will play in addition to a couple that do not play? Exactly as you did above.

https://paste.kodi.tv/oxoqerafuy.kodi

I ended up doing about 6-7 working movies and 6-7 non working.

Thanks
(2019-07-18, 02:10)resopbr44 Wrote:
(2019-07-18, 02:00)Karellen Wrote: Thanks, do you mind creating another log, this time showing a couple of movies that will play in addition to a couple that do not play? Exactly as you did above.

https://paste.kodi.tv/oxoqerafuy.kodi

I ended up doing about 6-7 working movies and 6-7 non working.

Thanks 
I also ended up seeing that some of my TV shows aren't loading in. I can see in the logs like for instance South Park and Rules of engagement. They are all in the same folder on my share as other TV shows that load in and play just fine. Just worth noting.
Sorry, I don't know what the problem could be. I would like to think a permissions issue, but that may be wrong.

I will move you to the Android forum where someone with more knowledge with Android systems and codecs may be able to help.
My Signature
(2019-07-18, 03:22)Karellen Wrote: Sorry, I don't know what the problem could be. I would like to think a permissions issue, but that may be wrong.

I will move you to the Android forum where someone with more knowledge with Android systems and codecs may be able to help.
Still having this issue. Anyone might know of a solution or experiencing anything like this?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Unable able to play certain video files from external hard drive in Kodi0