Changing Recording Path
Hi all,

tried to change "recordingpath" because I'd like to write the recordings to a mounted NAS directory. But unfortunately the PVR addon is using the default recording path of the Dreambox, which is a HDD.
No matter what I'm writing to the field (/media/hdd/KodiAufnahmen). Is there a "special" syntax for it or doesn't it work?

Addon works on a Nvidia Shield with Kodi.

Thanks and best regards

Jens
(2019-07-19, 02:11)sju10544 Wrote: Hi all,

tried to change "recordingpath" because I'd like to write the recordings to a mounted NAS directory. But unfortunately the PVR addon is using the default recording path of the Dreambox, which is a HDD.
No matter what I'm writing to the field (/media/hdd/KodiAufnahmen). Is there a "special" syntax for it or doesn't it work?

Addon works on a Nvidia Shield with Kodi.

Thanks and best regards

Jens

Is the new directory configured as the default on your dream box?

Also worth noting the this will only work for new timers as that is when the recording path is set and only for timers created by the addon.

Can you step through how timers are created on your STB?
Maintainer of Enigma2 PVR addon: repo, docschangelog
How to create a full debug: here
Thank you phunkyfish for your reply.

No, the default record path on the dreambox is still the same old one to the internal HDD. I guessed, that the setting in your addon could "overwrite" this. If not, my fault.

The procedere to create a new timer on the STB is exact the same way how you do it at the PVR on Kodi: either you push the botton for a immediate recording or you have to setup a timer for a specific date and time.
Ok, so you also need to have that recording path in the Dreambox (it doesn’t have to be the default). It will only work if it’s valid on your STB. Once that’s in place it will only work for timers created from kodi.

I could only test this on OpenWebIf on my vuplus box. It should be the same on dreamOS looking at the APIs.
You can also run OpenWebIf on a dream box. That would allow you to use all the functionality of the addon including auto timers but I’ve never been able to test it.
Sorry for the delay. I have tried to change the record path to a Synology NAS. That was extremely painful with an old Dreambox, because a lot of mounting procedures doesn't work...

Now the STB is recording on the NAS. Your addon seems to work so far. In case of any issues, I will let you know ;-)
(2019-07-21, 03:15)sju10544 Wrote: Sorry for the delay. I have tried to change the record path to a Synology NAS. That was extremely painful with an old Dreambox, because a lot of mounting procedures doesn't work...

Now the STB is recording on the NAS. Your addon seems to work so far. In case of any issues, I will let you know ;-)

Excellent!
Sorry to bother you again. After playing a little bit, I noticed:

1. timer rules for repeating recordings is limited. So how to enable a timer for "ever", every day for a channel?
2. the possibility to add a timer directly from the EPG is not supported by the PVR addon. It would be nice do have a chance to do this, or I'm doing something wrong?
3. after starting Kodi from the Shield over night, it takes a long time to start, crashes and in the log I found:  ERROR: AddOnLog: Enigma2 Client: pvr.vuplus - LoadTimers Could not find <e2timer> element
Have to shutt off Kodi two times after everything is O.K.
Any thoughts?
(2019-07-21, 23:34)sju10544 Wrote: Sorry to bother you again. After playing a little bit, I noticed:

1. timer rules for repeating recordings is limited. So how to enable a timer for "ever", every day for a channel?
2. the possibility to add a timer directly from the EPG is not supported by the PVR addon. It would be nice do have a chance to do this, or I'm doing something wrong?
3. after starting Kodi from the Shield over night, it takes a long time to start, crashes and in the log I found:  ERROR: AddOnLog: Enigma2 Client: pvr.vuplus - LoadTimers Could not find <e2timer> element
Have to shutt off Kodi two times after everything is O.K.
Any thoughts?

Are you using OpenWebIf? Can you post a debug log?

If you add a timer you can choose which days it records for.
Hmmm.... I'm using "dreambox webcontrol" newest version to connect to the addon. Not OpenWebif. But yes, I guess you're right. It should be the same.
After the Dreambox was crashing totally today (can't connect to Webif, I'm in the US, dreambox is in Germany), I had to install from scratch. Channel search etc. For today Kodi opens flawlessly. So no, unfortunately no logs. Will provide them after Kodi crashes again with the same behaviour.

To the timer:
First I tried to create a timer directly from the EPG which is not supported (yes, I read the docu), but would be nice (like you can do with TVheadend)
Second, when I'm creating a repeating timer, the maximum number (regarding to the setting in the addon) would be 10. So it would be perfect to have a "forever" timer, at least 100 days. Hopefully it's now clearer.
(2019-07-23, 00:26)sju10544 Wrote: Hmmm.... I'm using "dreambox webcontrol" newest version to connect to the addon. Not OpenWebif. But yes, I guess you're right. It should be the same.
After the Dreambox was crashing totally today (can't connect to Webif, I'm in the US, dreambox is in Germany), I had to install from scratch. Channel search etc. For today Kodi opens flawlessly. So no, unfortunately no logs. Will provide them after Kodi crashes again with the same behaviour.

To the timer:
First I tried to create a timer directly from the EPG which is not supported (yes, I read the docu), but would be nice (like you can do with TVheadend)
Second, when I'm creating a repeating timer, the maximum number (regarding to the setting in the addon) would be 10. So it would be perfect to have a "forever" timer, at least 100 days. Hopefully it's now clearer.

There is no limit on repeating timers unless that is a restriction of the dreambox. You should have no issue creating a timer from the EPG.

Any log will do, doesn’t need a crash. Then I will know what version of everything you are running.
(2019-07-23, 00:31)phunkyfish Wrote:
(2019-07-23, 00:26)sju10544 Wrote: Hmmm.... I'm using "dreambox webcontrol" newest version to connect to the addon. Not OpenWebif. But yes, I guess you're right. It should be the same.

To the timer:

There is no limit on repeating timers unless that is a restriction of the dreambox. You should have no issue creating a timer from the EPG.

Any log will do, doesn’t need a crash. Then I will know what version of everything you are running.  
O.K. Great. Here is the log: https://paste.kodi.tv/oxopaxojat.kodi

Here are some images about the timer issue. Sorry it's in German, but should show you the setting in the addon as well the try to add a timer directly from the EPG and the message after the try (timer is not supported)...
Any help would be much appreciated.
ImageImageImage
Ok, that setting is different than what you think. So kodi PVR does not have an idea of an eternal repeating timer like on Enigma2. So what I do in the addon is add the next “n” timers, you can’t edit these timers because they are not real but will always show the next “n” from that point in time. Does that make sense?

When trying to create the timer from the EPG instead of using the context menu can you press ok and choose record instead and see does it work? That would be a once off timer. If you choose timer rule it should be repeating.

It might just be the context menu function is not working.
Hi phunkyfish,
thanks again for the reply. Just tried what've said and here comes the result:
When I'm at the EPG and press O.K. a dialog opens and I can press "Record". This works (a recording starts immediatly). There is also the chance to add a time rule. Click on that message appears: Timer rule is not supported... So, same thing here.
Let me take a look. You should be able to create a repeating timer rule. Not sure why you can’t. Maybe something to do with your webif.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Changing Recording Path0