Simply done - NFS Share on Windows
nssm remove <servicename>
So if your service is named Media-NFS this is how to remove it:
nssm remove Media-NFS

More stuff here if you need it:
https://nssm.cc/usage
Hi, I had completed the steps in the original post, and could see the fileshare from Kodi on an Nvidia Shield and from a separate Windows 10 machine, all on the same ethernet network.  But I could not browse the files.  What fixed it for me was on the server machine (also Windows 10), Network and Sharing Center -> All Networks -> Password protected sharing, I had to "Turn on password protected sharing" and then create a local (non-Microsoft) user account with a password.  Then I could enter that username and password when I tried to mount the share in Kodi.
fredfred Wrote: This is a simple way of sharing your media on a Windows computer using NFS.
I have this running on my Windows 10 computer for a few weeks, should work on any Windows version.
There are too many posts about this and people not understanding how this is done, here is a simple way of doing it.
You need two applications that are a single file each, nssm.exe and WinNFSd.exe.

NSSM - the Non-Sucking Service Manager, download here: https://nssm.cc/ci/nssm-2.24-101-g897c7ad.zip
WinNFS, download here: https://github.com/winnfsd/winnfsd/relea....0/WinNFSd.exe
Create a folder on your windows machine C:\PortableApps\WinNFSd and place both files in that folder.

Open a command prompt as administrator and paste something like this:
Code:
C:\PortableApps\WinNFSd\nssm.exe install Media-NFS C:\PortableApps\WinNFSd\WinNFSd.exe E:\Media /media
This creates a windows service named Media-NFS that shares the folder E:\Media as NFS and sharename is media.
Start the service and in Kodi on your Xbox point to it like you would any other NFS share.

If you place the files in another folder you need to replace the path to each file, if you have spaces in your path you need to add "" around the path like this:
Code:
"C:\My cool PortableApps\WinNFSd\nssm.exe" install Media-NFS "C:\My cool PortableApps\WinNFSd\WinNFSd.exe" "E:\My cool Media" /media

If you want to share multiple folders using NFS you will need multiple services, one for each folder share, like this:
Code:
C:\PortableApps\WinNFSd\nssm.exe install OtherMedia-NFS C:\PortableApps\WinNFSd\WinNFSd.exe E:\OtherMedia /othermedia

I hope this helps.
hey man thanks a lot i was looking for solution in google for days and finally found this thread and it helped me thanks
Simply done....sadly not
Im running Kodi 18.1 Leia on Android TV (8.0) and Windows 10

I've tried both methods, from this thread and the one mentioned in post #2

I am able to start the server, but in Kodi on my Android TV i cannot find/connect to this share
My TV is connected through wifi and my PC through cable on my home network

PC local IP is 192.168.1.5
The share i created with the service is named KODISETS on C:\KODISETS\
I try to add a NFS on nfs://192.168.1.5/KODISETS/

Kodi just hangs and eventually times out, not finding anything

I have some smb shares which work fine, but are too slow

What am i doing wrong
(2019-07-24, 10:35)Veggie Wrote: Simply done....sadly not
Im running Kodi 18.1 Leia on Android TV (8.0) and Windows 10

I've tried both methods, from this thread and the one mentioned in post #2

I am able to start the server, but in Kodi on my Android TV i cannot find/connect to this share
My TV is connected through wifi and my PC through cable on my home network

PC local IP is 192.168.1.5
The share i created with the service is named KODISETS on C:\KODISETS\
I try to add a NFS on nfs://192.168.1.5/KODISETS/

Kodi just hangs and eventually times out, not finding anything

I have some smb shares which work fine, but are too slow

What am i doing wrong
Have you set permissions on your firewall ?

I use Hanewin NFS Server on Win10 Pro and I had to open ports explicitly for it to be accessible from other Lan Ips besides server PC.
Image Image
(2019-07-24, 11:12)redglory Wrote:
(2019-07-24, 10:35)Veggie Wrote: ......

I use Hanewin NFS Server on Win10 Pro and I had to open ports explicitly for it to be accessible from other Lan Ips besides server PC. 
Yes i did add an exception for winnfsd.exe in Windows Firewall
(2019-07-24, 11:23)Veggie Wrote:
(2019-07-24, 11:12)redglory Wrote:
(2019-07-24, 10:35)Veggie Wrote: ......

Yes i did add an exception for winnfsd.exe in Windows Firewall 

Have you set your firewall exception for private network ? Do you now what ports winnfsd listens to? Try to explicitly add exceptions for that ports and try again to mount nfs shares from your other machine on your network.
Image Image
For Private Networks yes, I don't know which ports are required, but for testing i opened up all
(2019-07-24, 12:04)Veggie Wrote: For Private Networks yes, I don't know which ports are required, but for testing i opened up all

Your first test should be with firewall disabled just to make sure it is a permission's problem on the firewall and not other problem.

Step by step you'll pinpoint your problem Smile
Image Image
Ok, solved it:

On youtube i found this vid:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LAr8mdvDp2A
When i followed those steps i got a "portmap deamon failed" error
Googled a little and got suggested that there already was a NFS deamon active somehow
Look in my software list and found hanewin, that i once tried, and failed at(and had forgotten about)
De-installed hanewin, ran the commandline for winnfsd.exe again and it worked

Thanks all for the patience and understanding!
I did the setup for one folder and it worked, but when I try multiple shares I get an error. It only let's me run one of the services at a time.

I have Windows 10 Home.
(2019-10-05, 23:14)MrOctober67 Wrote: I did the setup for one folder and it worked, but when I try multiple shares I get an error. It only let's me run one of the services at a time.

I have Windows 10 Home.

Yep, the HD I had the original share on just shat itself so I tried to install a new "other media" server and the service wont start
In the event viewer it says the service was started, but in services it's not running. When I start it, it says "Windows could not start the service Media-NFS on local computer"

In the event view log it says "The Media-NFS service terminated with the following service-specific error: 
The system cannot find the path specified."
Can't believe I finally got this working properly. 

Tried setting this up like a year ago and while it would show the NFS shares in Kodi, the movie and tv folders would all be empty inside for some reason. I could only see folders but not the contents.
For the life of me I could not figure out the issue at the time.  I ended up giving up and just used SMB instead to access my movies/tv shares. 

Came across this thread again by accident and decided to try again since I still would rather use NFS over SMB.
Not sure what was different this time, but hot damn it's working. 

I created a service following OPs cmd instructions to share my entire E:\ and then allowed the winnfsd.exe program through the windows firewall
Started up the service and then manually added the share into Kodi (nfs://192.168.1.12/MoviesTV/)

No issues at all accessing the contents of E:\ now through this share. Can't believe it. As long as it continues to work without issue, this will be a great free solution for using NFS on Windows! 

Thanks OP.
I find the NFS server to be a bit unstable. I wish there was another solution that is actively maintained.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Simply done - NFS Share on Windows0