• 2(current)
Broken TVDB Scraper Broken? Kodi 18.2 & 18.3 Crashes during Scan
@shedrock - Unfortunately everyone is (if you actually mean theTVDB) - that's the topic of this thread and several others.

They've changed their API, and it's broken the scraper.
|Banned add-ons (wiki)|Forum rules (wiki)|VPN policy (wiki)|First time user (wiki)|FAQs (wiki) Troubleshooting (wiki)|Add-ons (wiki)|Free content (wiki)|Debug Log (wiki)|

Kodi Blog Posts
(2019-08-02, 17:40)DarrenHill Wrote: @shedrock - Unfortunately everyone is (if you actually mean theTVDB) - that's the topic of this thread and several others.

They've changed their API, and it's broken the scraper.

Thanks. Yes, I did mean TheTVDB, which I corrected. Big Grin

Shedrock
(2019-08-02, 17:36)DarrenHill Wrote:
Code:
<setting id="videolibrary.updateonstartup" default="true">false</setting>

I suggested this workaround in another thread too, to at least get kodi started, but the caveat is that kodi will still crash if anything triggers a scan. Even with a different scraper selected for the video source I was seeing tvdb get queried for artwork, so in the end I had to manually remove the scraper from the filesystem entirely, to avoid it getting called by anything else.
I'm having this too, been fighting it all day as I figured it was something my side, not helped by the fact I had a power outage and thought it was a problem stemming from that.

good to know it's not my fault
(2019-08-02, 18:04)sPOiDar Wrote:
(2019-08-02, 17:36)DarrenHill Wrote:
Code:
<setting id="videolibrary.updateonstartup" default="true">false</setting>

I suggested this workaround in another thread too, to at least get kodi started, but the caveat is that kodi will still crash if anything triggers a scan. Even with a different scraper selected for the video source I was seeing tvdb get queried for artwork, so in the end I had to manually remove the scraper from the filesystem entirely, to avoid it getting called by anything else.

Then thanks to you as well Smile

I credited the one I saw. Happy to see others providing assistance too, I just didn't see your post.

I think we have a few ways to work around this, but fundamentally the scraper is broken at the moment and can't be used.
|Banned add-ons (wiki)|Forum rules (wiki)|VPN policy (wiki)|First time user (wiki)|FAQs (wiki) Troubleshooting (wiki)|Add-ons (wiki)|Free content (wiki)|Debug Log (wiki)|

Kodi Blog Posts
Yup, crash crash crash the moment it hits thetvdb.
Hope somebody finds a way arround this fast..

Or perhaps finally somebody gets to work on a tvmaze scraper Big Grin
Please dear Scraper lords.... Fix this sooner rather than later!

I vaguely remember tvdb api 2.0 causing days of pain.

I am scanning my library now using TMDB for episodes until this blows over, god knows what that will look like at the end. It thinks 'Saturday Night Live' is 'Le Saturday Night Live', ooh-lala.
Why can a random http api crash the whole app?
(2019-08-02, 19:23)yhs4260 Wrote: Please dear Scraper lords.... Fix this sooner rather than later!

I vaguely remember tvdb api 2.0 causing days of pain.

I am scanning my library now using TMDB for episodes until this blows over, god knows what that will look like at the end. It thinks 'Saturday Night Live' is 'Le Saturday Night Live', ooh-lala.

just pick the right one manually?
(2019-08-02, 19:28)V8MEM Wrote: Why can a random http api crash the whole app?

This is a question we would like to know the answer to as well, so we can prevent it.

It's obviously highlighted a deficiency that needs addressing even beyond the scraper issue.

Kodi Blog Posts
Same issue here.  And I am sorry but the movie database doesn't have info for a ton of shows that tvdb always scanned correctly.  I just tried it and it doesn't seem to worl for alot of shows like What on Earth?, Mummies Never Die, and will not scan Supergirl and even an oldie like Supernatural.
Trying this evening, the sraper do not cause the crash of kody, but poster and fanart are empty.
The thread below may be one worth keeping an eye on for the updates from TVDB as they try and work out what's going on:

https://forums.thetvdb.com/viewtopic.php...89#p155289

And I have to admit (personally speaking, for myself as a Kodi user not as a team member) - I have a similar view of the scraper options to what @jonzen said above and until now was still using tvdb on my devices.

Kodi Blog Posts
Official place and official post about this problem -> LINK
Kodi is only a small part of use of TVDB. For most other platforms new API changes are working. If you want get this fixed post it in the link, only TVDB maintainer could solve the issue.
We cannot solve this here on Kodi side.

EDIT: @DarrenHill sry, you was faster  Rofl
(2019-08-02, 19:56)jonzen Wrote: Same issue here.  And I am sorry but the movie database doesn't have info for a ton of shows that tvdb always scanned correctly.  I just tried it and it doesn't seem to worl for alot of shows like What on Earth?, Mummies Never Die, and will not scan Supergirl and even an oldie like Supernatural.
These databases rely on community contributions, so perhaps consider being a good community member and edit the details so the next person who comes to scrape these shows gets it done right. While it maybe a lot of effort it will only improve by people contributing.
  • 2(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
TVDB Scraper Broken? Kodi 18.2 & 18.3 Crashes during Scan6