• 4(current)
Broken TVDB Scraper Broken? Kodi 18.2 & 18.3 Crashes during Scan
Changing to the moviedb isn't enough for me either - I suspect because I have some thtvdb api references in .nfo files or something maybe.  It crashes on a reference to loadart with thetevdb in the url still.  I think the best solution here is patience, and disable all scanning until the dust settles on all this (it's not so hard to manually visit show folders for a few days is it?).

In advance, thanks to all the folks who will work on and fix the issues!
Addons I wrote &/or maintain:
OzWeather (Australian BOM weather) | Check Previous Episode | Playback Resumer | Unpause Jumpback | XSqueezeDisplay | (Legacy - XSqueeze & XZen)
Sorry, no help w/out a *full debug log*.
Quick fix: Line 377 of tvdb.xml, replace
xml:
<expression noclean="1">"keyType":\s*?"([^"]+)",</expression>
with
xml:
<expression noclean="1">"keyType":\s*?"([^"]*)",</expression>
(Replace the + with a *).

This will, at least, prevent Kodi from crashing.  The major issue though is that the tvdb API is currently returning no artwork at all.
The LoadArt function expects when it requests (say) "Posters" that it either gets all posters, or it gets a 404 error (when there are none), so there was no reason to expect the keyType field to ever be empty. (The function doesn't run when it 404s.)
Since it currently is empty, the function ends up reusing the previous contents of the buffer as output, which happens to be the call to itself, resulting in an infinite loop, which carries on until eventually it crashes.

Do note, that even with the fix, if you refresh a whole show, you will lose all artwork, because the API is currently returning none.
@scudlee

Nice to see you back Smile

Once TheTVDB fix the API will you be available to update the scraper with the changes and new features if any are required?

TVDB are looking for the developer to talk API with. Interested?
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
(2019-08-03, 08:28)scudlee Wrote: Quick fix: Line 377 of tvdb.xml, replace
xml:
<expression noclean="1">"keyType":\s*?"([^"]+)",</expression>
with
xml:
<expression noclean="1">"keyType":\s*?"([^"]*)",</expression>
(Replace the + with a *).

This will, at least, prevent Kodi from crashing.  The major issue though is that the tvdb API is currently returning no artwork at all.
The LoadArt function expects when it requests (say) "Posters" that it either gets all posters, or it gets a 404 error (when there are none), so there was no reason to expect the keyType field to ever be empty. (The function doesn't run when it 404s.)
Since it currently is empty, the function ends up reusing the previous contents of the buffer as output, which happens to be the call to itself, resulting in an infinite loop, which carries on until eventually it crashes.

Do note, that even with the fix, if you refresh a whole show, you will lose all artwork, because the API is currently returning none.

Nice, will this need to change back with a "+" later on when things get fixed?
all the best
--Stelth--
First post updated with Option 3
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
(2019-08-03, 07:30)bossanova808 Wrote: Changing to the moviedb isn't enough for me either - I suspect because I have some thtvdb api references in .nfo files or something maybe.  It crashes on a reference to loadart with thetevdb in the url still.  I think the best solution here is patience, and disable all scanning until the dust settles on all this (it's not so hard to manually visit show folders for a few days is it?).

In advance, thanks to all the folks who will work on and fix the issues!

I am impacted as well.... hopefully fox will be available soon....
Give it a little while for the TVDB rollback to kick in and clear caches etc. and for the scraper adjustment to be done and hit the mirrors.

If you want to do the scraper update yourself (if you're confident to edit an xml file on your device) then see option 3 in the first post of this thread or in Scudlee's post above (#47). That should stop the crashes, although there's still some artwork issues with the API in its current form.
|Banned add-ons (wiki)|Forum rules (wiki)|VPN policy (wiki)|First time user (wiki)|FAQs (wiki) Troubleshooting (wiki)|Add-ons (wiki)|Free content (wiki)|Debug Log (wiki)|

Kodi Blog Posts
@DarrenHill Here's the debug log paste: uhodunurim.kodi (paste)

I still have the scan on startup disabled, so Kodi plays nice when idle (load <1), but as soon as i start playback of a video, the load increases again until it crashes and restarts. No segfault in dmesg anymore, though.
The regex fix in tvdb.xml has also been applied, btw.

I'm running 18.3+git20190621.1610-final-0bionic from the team-xbmc PPA.
I saw that TVdb has rolled back but like @DarrenHill said it might take time for the cached api and proxy links to update.
(2019-08-02, 17:36)DarrenHill Wrote: For those getting crashes on start-up due to having "update library on start-up" enabled, that can be disabled by manually editing the guisettings.xml file (found in the userdata (wiki) folder - back it up first before making any edits) and changing
Code:
<setting id="videolibrary.updateonstartup" default="true">true</setting>

to
Code:
<setting id="videolibrary.updateonstartup" default="true">false</setting>

(credit to @itom412 in this post for the details). 

I had set update on start up. For me worked guide mentioned in first post (easiest way) - Switch off internet and then I was able to go to settings and change scrapper.
@jangrewe - you've got artwork beef installed, which is also getting hit by the TVDB issue (as it polls the site for the extra artwork, and it's the artwork that's screwed in the API).

Try temporarily disabling that add-on until the TVDB issue is resolved.

Also the artwork helper service script (which I think is part of skin helper, but not 100% on that) is polling TVDB. That's used by Aeon Nox, so you may need to disable that too temporarily if possible (I don't use that skin so don't know).

Or just give it a while for the TVDB rollback to kick in and then you should be ok.
|Banned add-ons (wiki)|Forum rules (wiki)|VPN policy (wiki)|First time user (wiki)|FAQs (wiki) Troubleshooting (wiki)|Add-ons (wiki)|Free content (wiki)|Debug Log (wiki)|

Kodi Blog Posts
HI All
I saw some of you are talkin about issues at the moment with TVDB, maybe my problem is related, I'm using AFTV Stick4K and my Kodi(18.2) crashes after 10-15 minutes of stream, while looking in the log i can see somthing like 10K messages (no kidding, the log size is 15M) of this kind :

https://paste.kodi.tv/rahacoboho.kodi

is there a fix i can try for this?

thanks.
What a huge relief, when is the rollback actually happening? My luck, Worst time to migrate all my database from kodi to a new 10TB drive after another drive failure, Is there a rollout timetable or predicted date?
@scofield272 - yes it looks like the same issue. The issue is with artwork through the api, which your problems also seems to be.

You can try option 3 in the first post of this thread (and post #47 above from Scudlee - the scraper's author) which should resolve the crashing. It needs a small change in one of the xml files in the scraper. We're looking at rolling that out as an update, but it's not there yet.

As noted above TVDB have rolled back their api update (which is what broke everything) but it may take a while to filter through all the caches, mirrors and whatnot along the way.

Kodi Blog Posts
@Buzniak - they've already done the rollback (it's on their end, the database and api), but it may take a while to filter through caches, mirrors and suchlike.

There's a link in the first post of this thread to the update/status post on their forum which gives more details.

Kodi Blog Posts
  • 4(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
TVDB Scraper Broken? Kodi 18.2 & 18.3 Crashes during Scan6