• 65(current)
v17 Artwork Beef - automatically add extended artwork
(2019-08-01, 01:20)sniferx1 Wrote: AB keep hanging and crashing on KODI OSMC running on VERO4K+.

Your ridiculously sized logs don't show any crashes. Artwork Beef has to look at all items in your library, and yes it is slow with large libraries on that class of ARM processor. A change in version "0.23.4" increased the time a bit to reduce memory usage.
(2019-08-01, 01:20)sniferx1 Wrote: Also another user experience issue is even I don't want to use the  Kyradb each time I manual scan AM keeping sending a message Kyradb API key missing... good to give an option to users to TURN this off / on....

Already fixed in 0.25.0.

(2019-08-01, 01:20)sniferx1 Wrote: AB Logs:

The error in your Artwork Beef log is because you have "characterart" enabled for movies, which is also only available from KyraDB.
I read that in v 0.25 it's possible to turn of the kyra dl's. Since I don't need  them, I would like to also do this. But I checked every setting in the addon .. I don't see where to turn it off.
(2019-08-03, 19:27)rmrector Wrote:
(2019-08-01, 01:20)sniferx1 Wrote: AB keep hanging and crashing on KODI OSMC running on VERO4K+.

Your ridiculously sized logs don't show any crashes. Artwork Beef has to look at all items in your library, and yes it is slow with large libraries on that class of ARM processor. A change in version "0.23.4" increased the time a bit to reduce memory usage.
(2019-08-01, 01:20)sniferx1 Wrote: Also another user experience issue is even I don't want to use the  Kyradb each time I manual scan AM keeping sending a message Kyradb API key missing... good to give an option to users to TURN this off / on....

Already fixed in 0.25.0.

(2019-08-01, 01:20)sniferx1 Wrote: AB Logs:

The error in your Artwork Beef log is because you have "characterart" enabled for movies, which is also only available from KyraDB. 
@rmrector  Thank for the TIP. I have set it as 0 and all working fine and no issues now..... Better to check for performance of KyraDB APIs as when I disable all now all back to normal with Movies and thanks for your help as always.
Not sure why but I am getting this error on both a Win10 machine, and Android.

2019-08-04 13:39:45.138 T:20098   ERROR: EXCEPTION Thrown (PythonToCppException) : -->Python callback/script returned the following error<--
                                             - NOTE: IGNORING THIS CAN LEAD TO MEMORY LEAKS!
                                            Error Type: <type 'exceptions.ValueError'>
                                            Error Contents: invalid literal for int() with base 10: ''
                                            Traceback (most recent call last):
                                              File "/storage/emulated/0/Android/data/org.xbmc.kodi/files/.kodi/addons/script.artwork.beef/service.py", line 393, in <module>
                                                ArtworkService().run()
                                              File "/storage/emulated/0/Android/data/org.xbmc.kodi/files/.kodi/addons/script.artwork.beef/service.py", line 104, in run
                                                successful = self.process_allvideos(self.processed.is_stale)
                                              File "/storage/emulated/0/Android/data/org.xbmc.kodi/files/.kodi/addons/script.artwork.beef/service.py", line 254, in process_allvideos
                                                return self.processor.process_medialist(items)
                                              File "/storage/emulated/0/Android/data/org.xbmc.kodi/files/.kodi/addons/script.artwork.beef/lib/artworkprocessor.py", line 232, in process_medialist
                                                return self.process_chunkedlist([medialist], 1, alwaysnotify)
                                              File "/storage/emulated/0/Android/data/org.xbmc.kodi/files/.kodi/addons/script.artwork.beef/lib/artworkprocessor.py", line 247, in process_chunkedlist
                                                self._process_chunk(medialist, len(medialist) == 1 and not idx, alwaysnotify)
                                              File "/storage/emulated/0/Android/data/org.xbmc.kodi/files/.kodi/addons/script.artwork.beef/lib/artworkprocessor.py", line 270, in _process_chunk
                                                services_hit = self._process_item(mediaitem, singleitem)
                                              File "/storage/emulated/0/Android/data/org.xbmc.kodi/files/.kodi/addons/script.artwork.beef/lib/artworkprocessor.py", line 309, in _process_item
                                                services_hit, error = self.gatherer.getartwork(mediaitem, onlyfs, auto)
                                              File "/storage/emulated/0/Android/data/org.xbmc.kodi/files/.kodi/addons/script.artwork.beef/lib/gatherer.py", line 27, in getartwork
                                                mediaitem.uniqueids, mediaitem.missingart)
                                              File "/storage/emulated/0/Android/data/org.xbmc.kodi/files/.kodi/addons/script.artwork.beef/lib/gatherer.py", line 94, in get_external_artwork
                                                if int(season) not in seasons:
                                            ValueError: invalid literal for int() with base 10: ''
                                            -->End of Python script error report<--
Hi, 
Is there a way  that artwork beef will download artwork to specific local folder instead of the movie directory?
I'm asking beacuase of the animated posters, if the animated poster is on the network and not local i loose the "animate" functionality. and all my media files are on the NAS...
Hi @rmrector I have updated my TVDB scraper and it seems to be working now. However now when I boot Kodi I get an Artwork Beef crash on library update. Artwork Beef doesn't scan any files, it just stalls at 0% when finding a show to scan. Or it crashes instantly and points to log file. I have made no changes to Artwork Beef since TVDB API change so I don't exactly know what is happening. I also notice that Artwork Beef has been updated to .25. Smile

Code:
2019-08-04 17:26:46.703 T:12664   ERROR: EXCEPTION Thrown (PythonToCppException) : -->Python callback/script returned the following error<--
                                             - NOTE: IGNORING THIS CAN LEAD TO MEMORY LEAKS!
                                            Error Type: <type 'exceptions.IndexError'>
                                            Error Contents: list index out of range
                                            Traceback (most recent call last):
                                              File "C:\Users\CloudMedia\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\script.artwork.beef\service.py", line 393, in <module>
                                                ArtworkService().run()
                                              File "C:\Users\CloudMedia\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\script.artwork.beef\service.py", line 104, in run
                                                successful = self.process_allvideos(self.processed.is_stale)
                                              File "C:\Users\CloudMedia\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\script.artwork.beef\service.py", line 254, in process_allvideos
                                                return self.processor.process_medialist(items)
                                              File "C:\Users\CloudMedia\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\script.artwork.beef\lib\artworkprocessor.py", line 232, in process_medialist
                                                return self.process_chunkedlist([medialist], 1, alwaysnotify)
                                              File "C:\Users\CloudMedia\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\script.artwork.beef\lib\artworkprocessor.py", line 247, in process_chunkedlist
                                                self._process_chunk(medialist, len(medialist) == 1 and not idx, alwaysnotify)
                                              File "C:\Users\CloudMedia\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\script.artwork.beef\lib\artworkprocessor.py", line 270, in _process_chunk
                                                services_hit = self._process_item(mediaitem, singleitem)
                                              File "C:\Users\CloudMedia\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\script.artwork.beef\lib\artworkprocessor.py", line 309, in _process_item
                                                services_hit, error = self.gatherer.getartwork(mediaitem, onlyfs, auto)
                                              File "C:\Users\CloudMedia\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\script.artwork.beef\lib\gatherer.py", line 27, in getartwork
                                                mediaitem.uniqueids, mediaitem.missingart)
                                              File "C:\Users\CloudMedia\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\script.artwork.beef\lib\gatherer.py", line 78, in get_external_artwork
                                                providerimages = provider.get_images(uniqueids, missing)
                                              File "C:\Users\CloudMedia\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\script.artwork.beef\lib\providers\thetvdbv2.py", line 88, in get_images
                                                sortsize = int(image['resolution'].split('x')[0 if arttype != 'poster' else 1])
                                            IndexError: list index out of range
                                            -->End of Python script error report<--
(2019-08-04, 17:38)curael Wrote: TVDB API change
Just wait until the TVDB API rollback, then everything is like before.
(2019-08-04, 17:48)chrissix Wrote:
The TVDB API has been rolled back, you can now scrap TV shows with no issues, well I can at least.. its when Artwork beef then kicks in after the scrapping to get the associated artwork AB crashes.

I hear ya. I know TVDB scraper doesn't return artwork atm. after the fix TVDB team applied. So I'm wondering if that's what Artwork Beef is now spassing out about too but I really can't say. But yeah, shows are scraping in the TVDB addon after the Team-Kodi fix/update, just without artwork.

Oh well, not a big deal since Kodi is now at least working again.

I just thought I'd report this as well.

The real question is if there's going to be a rollback at this point? I would think they would have done it by now and not applying fixes instead?

Also, my Plex finds artwork from TVDB no problem, so it seems more like an inherent problem in the way Kodi interacts with TVDB than TVDB being broken. I mean.. 3rd parties change sometimes, right? Would a rollback really be needed for that, cause of Kodi malfunctioning? 🤔
(2019-08-04, 18:11)curael Wrote: Also, my Plex finds artwork from TVDB no problem, so it seems more like an inherent problem in the way Kodi interacts with TVDB than TVDB being broken.
It is different. Some appications well tolerated the API change, some not.
KODI, EMBY, my Media Manager MEDIA COMPANION is dead. But FILEBOT still working. All using the same API.
(2019-08-04, 18:31)chrissix Wrote:
(2019-08-04, 18:11)curael Wrote: Also, my Plex finds artwork from TVDB no problem, so it seems more like an inherent problem in the way Kodi interacts with TVDB than TVDB being broken.
It is different. Some appications well tolerated the API change, some not.
KODI, EMBY, my Media Manager MEDIA COMPANION is dead. But FILEBOT still working. All using the same API.

Oof. Yup, alright then.
(2019-08-04, 18:00)SteveSmith Wrote:
The TVDB API has been rolled back, you can now scrap TV shows with no issues, well I can at least.. its when Artwork beef then kicks in after the scrapping to get the associated artwork AB crashes. 
Scrapping works but artwork still fails for me.
That fairly much sums up the current situation. We aren't the only ones affected, and there are reports that its coming back in some specific cases.

Artwork for new episodes of existing shows seems to be working, but artwork for new shows isn't.

They've been rebuilding and repopulating their database over the weekend (see here for more details) so hopefully things should return to normal(ish) soon. We've done all we can from our side, but we need to wait now for things to settle down on theirs. Once that is the case, if things still don't work then we can look in more details.

But in the end the priority from our side was to stop Kodi crashing, which certainly shouldn't have occurred no matter what errors the scraper hit.
|Banned add-ons (wiki)|Forum rules (wiki)|VPN policy (wiki)|First time user (wiki)|FAQs (wiki) Troubleshooting (wiki)|Add-ons (wiki)|Free content (wiki)|Debug Log (wiki)|

Kodi Blog Posts
(2019-08-04, 22:02)DarrenHill Wrote: That fairly much sums up the current situation. We aren't the only ones affected, and there are reports that its coming back in some specific cases.

Artwork for new episodes of existing shows seems to be working, but artwork for new shows isn't.

They've been rebuilding and repopulating their database over the weekend (see here for more details) so hopefully things should return to normal(ish) soon. We've done all we can from our side, but we need to wait now for things to settle down on theirs. Once that is the case, if things still don't work then we can look in more details.

But in the end the priority from our side was to stop Kodi crashing, which certainly shouldn't have occurred no matter what errors the scraper hit.

For sure. Smile

Thanks for the update. I read the thread on their forums now. Sorry for derailing your thread @rmrector .
I looked at the logs and in my case I was getting two crashes, one with season numbers being empty, and another with images being empty. I did a quick work around to just skip instead of crash on those cases, but I'm not sure it's an appropriate fix since I know nothing about the TVDB API and artwork beef's code base, and as long as the TVDB's status is in flux... who knows

While I was looking at the debug logs for that, I saw that KyraDB was complaining about API & user keys even though I have a user key set. If you set your Personal kyraDB API key in the "in case of emergency" section along with your userkey in the other section it works fine. I opened an issue  because I don't know the expected behaviour.
  • 65(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Artwork Beef - automatically add extended artwork5