• 266(current)
Kodi Media Player Options with 3D MVC & HD Audio
Given the industry has dumped 3D like a pound of lead, I don't see why any new device would bother to support 3D.  If you can't buy a 3D TV (outside a projector) what's the point of having 3D support anymore?  I hate it personally. I do have a projector, but most people do not.  I have almost 200 3D movies now, but I don't know how much longer I will be able to buy new ones (I already have to order most from Europe and several big movies haven't had 3D releases or only on things like SKY cable in Europe.  It's too bad at least one TV maker doesn't continue to support 3D.

In any case, the Zidoo X9S has worked well for me, overall.  I get a glitch or momentary loss of audio once in awhile.  I don't know why it has only ONE USB 3.0 port, however (and two USB 2.0 ports).  I can't help but wonder if the glitches I have had are due to low momentary bandwidth (even though 2.0 is enough for movies most of the time) as I have two 2.5" hard drives connected already (so I don't have to provide separate power and 3.5" drives take up too much physical space in my theater rack).
THEATER: 11.1.10 Atmos, Epson 3100 3D Projector, DaLite 92" screen, Mixed Dialog Lift  - PSB Speakers; Sources: PS4, LG UP875 UHD, Nvidia Shield (KODI), ATV4K, Zidoo X9S (ZDMC), LD, GameCube
(2019-06-24, 11:39)infinity85 Wrote: I'm wondering if the brand new raspberry Pi4B will be capalbe of doing 3D MVC Smile

Over in the Pi4 thread there is a link to a Raspberry Pi forums post that suggests it does.
Sorry to keep pestering you guys. I just saw the Zidoo x8 can be had for $50 vs the x9s for $130. Any idea what the benefits would be to getting the x9s as opposed to the x8? Particularly when referring to 3d mkv or maybe in the future, iso. Just thinking 60% discount as compared to the x9s is substantial.
Go for X9S as f/w releases are usually behind for X8, and also X8 is a bit sluggish.
[H]i-[d]eft [M]edia [K]een [V]ideosaurus
My Family Room Theater
(2019-06-24, 17:01)noggin Wrote:
(2019-06-24, 11:39)infinity85 Wrote: I'm wondering if the brand new raspberry Pi4B will be capalbe of doing 3D MVC Smile

Over in the Pi4 thread there is a link to a Raspberry Pi forums post that suggests it does. 

Hi, do you have link for that?  Currently I'm using my PC to watch 3D MVC contents, but since Nvidia dropped 3D Vision support, I'm thinking about getting Pi4 for dedicated Kodi player. Thanks!
Please let us know how well Pi4 fares.

Just updated post #1 after a long time. With 3D, for a format declared dead years ago, we continue to see great, immersive titles...

Best 3D Blu-ray Disc Movies to Buy in 2019
- Blu-ray.com

Recent 3D titles 'Dumbo (2019)', 'Alita: Battle Angel (2019)', 'Captain Marvel (2019)' and 'Shazam! (2019)' (to name a few) have been terrific. More immersive than their 4K counterparts!
[H]i-[d]eft [M]edia [K]een [V]ideosaurus
My Family Room Theater
(2019-07-29, 02:12)hdmkv Wrote: Please let us know how well Pi4 fares.

Just updated post #1 after a long time. With 3D, for a format declared dead years ago, we continue to see great, immersive titles...

- Blu-ray.com

Recent 3D titles 'Dumbo (2019)', 'Alita: Battle Angel (2019)', 'Captain Marvel (2019)' and 'Shazam! (2019)' (to name a few) have been terrific. More immersive than their 4K counterparts!

Was it "declared" dead or did they just stop making 3D TVs?  Because they still make brand new 3D capable home projectors in large quantities.  It's a shame, though since an 8K TV set could do passive 4K 3D if they had just added the 3D format to the 4K standard.  It's hard to believe the TV industry has so much say/sway or that they'd wouldn't have the slightest interest in getting a leg up on their competitors by offering a feature they don't have (3D).  Morons, one and all is all I can figure.  The fact 3D titles continue to be produced and sold in quantities that just keep them coming and coming and coming year after year after year tells me there's still a real market for 3D and these idiots are just tossing extra sales they could be getting over another brand TV maker down the proverbial drain, given the relatively benign extra circuits needed to make 3D work on a given model.  You'd think they'd at least keep it on the higher-end models.  Ridiculous.
THEATER: 11.1.10 Atmos, Epson 3100 3D Projector, DaLite 92" screen, Mixed Dialog Lift  - PSB Speakers; Sources: PS4, LG UP875 UHD, Nvidia Shield (KODI), ATV4K, Zidoo X9S (ZDMC), LD, GameCube

- Blu-ray.com

https://libreelec.tv/2019/07/libreelec-l...002-alpha/

***The 4B now uses SPI flash for the bootloader. Current firmware supports SD card boot only – Network and USB booting are still on the Pi Foundation to-do list. Also on the list is HBR audio (current audio capabilities are the same as the 3B) and 3D video.

Looks like 3D is on the way for Pi4 sometime soon.
So I just received my Zidoo X9S, or rather an "ourglass" that has been flashed to Zidoo firmware. I know nothing about playing files with a Zidoo and I don't know what settings to change. I tried going in "Media Center" on the main menu and browsed to a 3d mkv mvc file and tried to play it. It acts like it's going to play and my projector switches to 3d mode (screen tints kinda red, 1080p 24fps) but nothing happens. None of the buttons seem to do anything other than the home button. The home button goes back to the Home screen, causing the projector to switch out of 3d mode. I went to "Quick Settings" and switched the player from "NU Player" to "Native Player" but it still does the same thing. I also tried another 3d file with the same results. The files worked with MVC Kodi on Win10. I did get a popup when I first powered it on, prompting for an update. I didn't take it, because I wasn't sure if it would mess it up, with the hardware branded Ourglass. Do I need a different player? Should I have bought a legit Zidoo? Any help is appreciated.

Setup:
BenQ HT2050a
Recent Pioneer AVR (not 4k)
Unraid server
SMB shares (read only access)
We should very soon be able to add the Vero 4K to this list.
(2019-08-07, 17:13)mattmarsden Wrote: We should very soon be able to add the Vero 4K to this list.

Correct. You can test 3D MVC here: https://discourse.osmc.tv/t/3d-frame-pac...tput/81681
When things are a bit more stable, I'll make it part of OSMC as standard.

Sam
(2019-08-07, 20:02)Sam.Nazarko Wrote:
(2019-08-07, 17:13)mattmarsden Wrote: We should very soon be able to add the Vero 4K to this list.

Correct. You can test 3D MVC here: https://discourse.osmc.tv/t/3d-frame-pac...tput/81681
When things are a bit more stable, I'll make it part of OSMC as standard.

Sam 
When 3D iso files will work, I will buy the vero 4k.

- Blu-ray.com

Is that so?
I'm a bit moving away from 3D (cant believe im saying that..) and more to 4K...

So ur saying 3d is better than the 4k version for those titles?

is that your opnion or majoritys opinion
My opinion Smile. No 4K movie has exceeded the immersiveness of its 3D counterpart for me.
mm not sure
some , some not

Ontopic: Vero 4k will do 3d now, so soon be added to this list :p
  • 266(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kodi Media Player Options with 3D MVC & HD Audio17