• 13(current)
WWEN - A WWE Network Plugin
Ok, I'm still having the problem, when I attempt to watch anything, I get error messages that say "Content not found."

I've tried uninstalling, reinstalling, wiping my whole kodi set up, wiping the device I'm using, I can't get it to work - I was previously having no problems until after I upgraded to Leia.

My log file is here: https://paste.kodi.tv/itoqovusip

Help!
Bumping, still having the same error....
Looks like the WWE Network underwent an update within the last day or so, and some of the URL's have been changed. The addon no longer works for me (worked great yesterday!)

I am an international user who uses the PayPal trick to get around the Geo location to access the full US WWE Network. Unfortunately the website URL we used to go to in order to bypass the Canadian website now redirects to the same page for everyone it seems. Logging in with a CAN IP won't let you watch any videos, however, using a US IP does indeed seem to work (tested login, and videos seemed to load). I have yet to try running the US VPN on my router to test the Kodi addon but will do so shortly.

Can anyone else update whether the addon still works for you, and what country you're located in?

If the addon doesn't work for people in the US, then I would assume that the URL needs to be changed inside the addon to point to the new URL since the update.
**I couldn't find an edit button, but not sure if I made it very clear above:

I have only been able to successfully login via a browser on a PC (not Kodi) via a US IP (vpn).

My apologies!
(2019-07-27, 08:15)tokethemostroast Wrote: **I couldn't find an edit button, but not sure if I made it very clear above:
I have only been able to successfully login via a browser on a PC (not Kodi) via a US IP (vpn).

You are a newcomer to this forum, so you cannot yet edit your own posts as certain anti-spam measures are active. Those measures will vanish over time.

We also have a VPN policy (wiki) here. Please read it.
(2019-07-27, 08:18)Klojum Wrote:
(2019-07-27, 08:15)tokethemostroast Wrote: **I couldn't find an edit button, but not sure if I made it very clear above:

You are a newcomer to this forum, so you cannot yet edit your own posts as certain anti-spam measures are active. Those measures will vanish over time.

We also have a VPN policy (wiki) here. Please read it. 

Okie dokie much appreciated sir. Not using a VPN right now on here, and not wanting anyone to try one - just wanting to know if it even works anymore period for people not using a VPN (because if it doesn't, I'm gonna cancel it and save my $)
Okay so I have tested it via Kodi and had several other friends test it from various locations/countries and it doesn't work on any (even inside the US). Took a look @ the 'wwe.py' file and notice that some of the URL's seem to be quite different now. Not sure if there is anything in 'wwen_plugin.py' that's relevant but hopefully this will be an easy fix.

**For those of you that aren't aware of the newest version of this addon (with fixed NXT category):

The OLDER github release which it appears most people are using:
Code:
https://github.com/2scholz/plugin.video.wwen/
Download link:
Code:
https://github.com/2scholz/plugin.video.wwen/archive/master.zip

And this is the NEWEST (to the best of my knowledge) release which has the NXT fixes (which was posted a bunch of pages back but it looks like most people are using the older one from above):
Code:
https://github.com/alegag/plugin.video.wwen/[CODE]
Download link:
[CODE]https://github.com/alegag/plugin.video.wwen/archive/master.zip

But I hope this post/info helps someone who might be pulling their hair out wondering why it isn't working!!!
The problem is that the service has moved from one platform to another, so it's not just a visual change, it's a whole backend change. I would assume this plugin will remain broken until someone looks into the the API changes, etc.
(2019-07-27, 11:40)Arber Wrote: The problem is that the service has moved from one platform to another, so it's not just a visual change, it's a whole backend change. I would assume this plugin will remain broken until someone looks into the the API changes, etc.

I took a peek at it - it appears that the wwe.py code is taken from another project, located at https://github.com/freyta/wwe_downloader - this is a command line downloader for the videos.  (I stand corrected - it appears that the downloader project uses the code initially distributed from this project....)

I also looked at the source for the new network site and can't determine the internal website addresses for the videos. 

Of course, it probably will take more than figuring those out anyway, I'm still very new at python so I am stumped.
(2019-07-30, 00:50)starslayer74 Wrote:
(2019-07-27, 11:40)Arber Wrote: The problem is that the service has moved from one platform to another, so it's not just a visual change, it's a whole backend change. I would assume this plugin will remain broken until someone looks into the the API changes, etc.

I took a peek at it - it appears that the wwe.py code is taken from another project, located at https://github.com/freyta/wwe_downloader - this is a command line downloader for the videos.  (I stand corrected - it appears that the downloader project uses the code initially distributed from this project....)

I also looked at the source for the new network site and can't determine the internal website addresses for the videos. 

Of course, it probably will take more than figuring those out anyway, I'm still very new at python so I am stumped. 

BeardyPig has a fixed version for StreamLink, so hopefully someone with the time can adapt the code and re-write the add-on soon.

StreamLink comments: https://github.com/streamlink/streamlink/issues/2564
Very interesting indeed! I actually would think that the above 'streamlink' app should have the exact source/login/logout URLs (the GUI might need a bit of work but hopefully not too bad with the above sources)

I'll try digging through the Streamlink source to see what I can come up with..... I mean, they got it patched really quickly... and if their WWE plugin is based on this one for kodi... hopefully should be easy from our end (we'll see lol)
(2019-08-01, 17:38)tokethemostroast Wrote: Very interesting indeed! I actually would think that the above 'streamlink' app should have the exact source/login/logout URLs (the GUI might need a bit of work but hopefully not too bad with the above sources)

I'll try digging through the Streamlink source to see what I can come up with..... I mean, they got it patched really quickly... and if their WWE plugin is based on this one for kodi... hopefully should be easy from our end (we'll see lol)

Are there any news for a fixed version?
(2019-08-02, 15:30)Publish3r Wrote: Are there any news for a fixed version?

Ummm, well none of us are devs/maintainers of this and are just regular users like yourself. Not only that, but I only posted YESTERDAY that I'd try taking a look (when I get time). I probably won't be able to fix it anyways as I am not a dev, nor am I proficient in python. If a copy/paste of the new URLs doesn't work, then we need a real dev who knows python!

Why don't you take a stab @ fixing it?! Maybe you'll get lucky.
I have not enough skills to fix it.
Otherwise I would have already fixed it...
I do not ask for boredom or to say: I did it and I do not give it to you.
I think it is a good idea to update this video addon because the network is active again. Looks like WWE made changes. Before, i was unable to watch anything via internet browser but now i can due to the update.

We should close this thread and create a new one. The first post should always the latest link + updates.
  • 13(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
WWEN - A WWE Network Plugin1