• 14(current)
WWEN - A WWE Network Plugin
(2019-08-08, 12:58)whiteiverson3 Wrote: I think it is a good idea to update this video addon because the network is active again. Looks like WWE made changes. Before, i was unable to watch anything via internet browser but now i can due to the update.

We should close this thread and create a new one. The first post should always the latest link + updates.

all api urls are changed. it's not easy to fix it. i think it's better to write a complete new addon.
to get the new api urls anyone has to download the new android app and decode it.
i have never done this and no experince with it.
i took a look in the new websites sourcecode, but with my low skills i can't do anything.

@bay_wolf 's last online time: 15.02.2016, 03:16

it looks not great for us, guys.
I am working on a new add-on.

Here's a work in progress version:
http://www.mediafire.com/file/g5k11nq0y7...k.zip/file

What does work so far:
  • live stream
  • in general all content on the network should be accessible and can be played

Known Issues:
  • images for thumbnails won't load
  • the url from a specific CDN for the live stream is not correctly handled by inputstream adaptive. A new url is requested in that case and it should not be noticeable for users.
  • maybe streams will stop being accessible after some time. In that case try to logout through the settings and login again.

I agree on opening a new thread, but the listed issues should be addressed before then.
Let me know if anyone encounters any bugs.
(2019-08-08, 19:53)lunartic Wrote: I am working on a new add-on.

What does work so far:
  • live stream

Known Issues:
  • the url from a specific CDN for the live stream is not correctly handled by inputstream adaptive. A new url is requested in that case and it should not be noticeable for users.
  • maybe streams will stop being accessible after some time. In that case try to logout through the settings and login again.

I agree on opening a new thread, but the listed issues should be addressed before then.

Thank you very much. I will try it.

Thank you.

I gave it a quick test & everything seems to work OK as far as categories loading & videos playing.

What does work so far:
  • live stream

Known Issues:

Hey, thanks a million for your hard work!! This is very appreciated. As long as the 'search' function works, that's all that matters to me. But seriously, thanks again! Big Grin

I still haven't gone through the updated Streamlink source but seeing as their python app is based 100% on THIS projects original source code - there's a good chance that they've already done the majority of the heavy lifting, so we can just borrow from them if we have any bugs/malfunctions. Their python app works fine since it was updated with the new API changes.
Well I spoke too soon! Haha. It appears that there is no ''Search'' feature anymore. Sad
I hope to see that return in the future but the addon is working remarkably well so far!

@lunartic

I noticed when I loaded the 'live stream' there was no audio. When I went to look @ the settings I saw that there were 8 audio tracks to choose from (languages) and it had defaulted to 'German' instead of English. After changing it manually to 'English', there was about a 15 second delay and poof - audio working again!!

That's really awesome you got all those audio tracks working!

Would adding the subtitles be something that would be easy?

Only thing I'm really missing is the 'search' feature. So far everything is looking pretty good. For a first release, I'm totally loving it!
I just installed the addon and am watching NXT Takeover Toronto just fine. Everything works great. I had the same audio issue also but it's no problem to just switch it over. Thanks for getting this made. I was really eager for something for Kodi after they ended support of the Windows 10 app.

What does work so far:
  • live stream

Known Issues:

I like this add-on because it is much easier now to find scroll through the content on the network.

A few things that needs to be fixed.

- Title ID needs to be generated. For example, if i go to RAW, i am glad i can go by years. When I select the year, the title for that particular event does not show up. It just says RAW. However, i do not mind because in the same title, under the year category, we get to the see the date when it was aired. And on the left like the side screen, we do get to see the description of the event.

- This can fit in the same category as above, but thumbnails do not work. For all we know, this could be a good thing for low end users.

- There is no audio when you play video unless you select setting option in the player. I made mine to English and then I selected the "make it default for all media" option. I am glad we can load different audio sources but English should be the default without us manually selecting it. If you want, you can probably make the user force select the option on first time using the addon so it can save the setting. It is just a suggestion. Other wise, English should be default audio as opposed to no audio.

-  I am not too sure if I am watching the video in the highest quality. It does not give me the option. Maybe the add-on should ask the User on first time using the addon if they would like the highest quality. Highest Quality Video setting should be the default.

- "You said the url from a specific CDN for the live stream is not correctly handled by inputstream adaptive. A new url is requested in that case and it should not be noticeable for users." - i can't really help with this comment but everything seems fine.

- "maybe streams will stop being accessible after some time. In that case try to logout through the settings and login again." - That will not be a problem. We can always respond back here.

Final Thoughts: Thank you for the update. This was real quick. I have to throw this out, and i know you said this but we do need to create a new thread with the latest developments and update posted and summarized on the first post. I like this addon and i feel like it works real well. The only question I have and I probably know the answer to this is that if there is a new update, will this addon update by itself in kodi or do we have to view this thread? I do mind having a feed account from you like Twitter to find out the latest status. Otherwise, i shall refer back to this thread.
Another thing, this is a big deal.

I am unable to find WCW and ECW PPVs.

Is it possible to make custom menus? Like, on the main menu, can you make an option that says PPV so that we can access all PPV events from ECW, WCW, WWE ?

and, this one is major as well. There is no search option. We can not search anything.

Add-On is still great ..

and i believe i figured it out. It looks like defaul video setting is 1080p. for some reason, i feel like we can get a higher streaming source. what is your thoughts on this?
it sucks the kodi forum doesnt allow me to edit my post but i want to say that not all VOD are in 1080. i think most are 540p SD ...
Installed.. Apparently i can watch Summerslam live stream whitout any issue.
For video resolution probably it's use the preferences setted on inputstream...

Need to choose manually the eng audio track.. Whit kodi 18.x used by my osmc setup all working whitout any issue....

Thanks 4 the moment...
...only on your "little world" can you lay down the law...
Yep. Thanks for the time and effort @Publish3r .

Haven't tried the new add-on, but I will soon. 

Just wanted to show my appreciation!
Oops. I mean @lunartic 

Thanks bro!
(2019-08-12, 03:43)DjDiabolik Wrote: Installed.. Apparently i can watch Summerslam live stream whitout any issue.
For video resolution probably it's use the preferences setted on inputstream...

Need to choose manually the eng audio track.. Whit kodi 18.x used by my osmc setup all working whitout any issue....

Thanks 4 the moment...
That seemed to do the trick for me.

I was able to change the setting from AUTO to MANUAL in the input stream addon. After that, once you select the video you want to watch, you have to manually select the highest video setting. As default, it is selected at the lowest quality sourced and that needs to be changed.

good stuff. we have a working addon now.
Thanks for the feedback so far.

I will probably add a search function for the next update. I had a look at the implementation on the website and it seems to be quite simple.

Everything regarding the stream is handled by inputstream adaptive.
If the resolution of your display is below 1080p you need to enable "Ignore Display Resolution" in the settings of inputstream adaptive to get the best video quality.
I will try to make it possible to access inputstream's settings from my add-on to make it less confusing.

I agree that the default audio option should be enligsh, but unfortunately I haven't found any way to do this.
The streams provided by the WWE Network have no default audio option and thus inputstream adaptive seems to choose the first option alphabetically, which happens to be german (abreviated as "deu").
The only way to override this is to go to system settings -> player -> language and then set "Preferred audio language" to english.

The ECW and WCW PPVs are indeed missing. I will try to add them for the next update.

Subtitles already work for the livestream, but "Enable parsing for closed captions" needs to be enabled under system settings -> player -> language. I hope I can get subtitles working for the rest, but I will have to look into it before I can promise anything.

Title IDs are not ideal in some cases. But, for Raw the network follows the same scheme, where every episode is just titled "Raw" with the date written beneath. I have found some other shows, where the title is definitely not correct on the add-on and I will try to fix this.

One issue I noticed were streams on the network that point to a specific match within a PPV. So far the add-on would just start the PPV at the beginning, but I was able to fix this problem already and that feature will be included in the next update.

The most time consuming issue to fix will probably be the thumbnails. From what I know as of now it probably requires some changes in Kodi's codebase.

I don't have much time right now, so it could take a while until I post the next update.
  • 14(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
WWEN - A WWE Network Plugin1