Rebuild the image cache is very slow
Rebuild the image cache is very slow

Any suggestion?

Thanks in advance.
use a stronger computer?

to be honest - what do you expect? EVERY image has to be processed (rescaled with the best possible algorithm, to do not take up as much space and look nice) which would be ~6 - 10 images per movie...
tinyMediaManager - THE media manager of your choice - available for Windows, macOS and Linux
Help us translate tinyMediaManager at Weblate | Translations at 66%
Found a bug or want to submit a feature request? Contact us at GitLab
(2019-08-09, 07:42)mlaggner Wrote: use a stronger computer?

to be honest - what do you expect? EVERY image has to be processed (rescaled with the best possible algorithm, to do not take up as much space and look nice) which would be ~6 - 10 images per movie...

My computer is powerful but you may be right it is a laborious process but I get the impression that it has slowed in some of the latest updates.
Thanks for everything.
tmm had a patch which used all processors to their limits - but the java memory management failed with this pressure many out of memory exceptions happened, because the scaling filled the memory faster than the garbage collector could free it), so we had to throttle it a bit...
the only solution I could imagine would be to include imagemagick (native code) to do caching - but that would be an overkill for such an operation (in fact, we only need to build the cache once and not all the time)..

so my suggestion is to drink a coffee (or beer) and let tmm build the cache Wink
tinyMediaManager - THE media manager of your choice - available for Windows, macOS and Linux
Help us translate tinyMediaManager at Weblate | Translations at 66%
Found a bug or want to submit a feature request? Contact us at GitLab

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Rebuild the image cache is very slow0