Cannot scrape Multi-Episodes and other questions
Oh yes. Most likely the cause of the problem right there. That long list of regex's you added. That is the trouble with being spread out over three threads- I cannot be expected to remember your log in one thread while answering questions in another thread at a later time.

Sorry, I will not decipher what you have there.

I suggest you temporarily remove your advancedsettings.xml file and try to scan. Does it work? Regex's are not required for multi-episode naming if you follow the standard naming.
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
I just created a dummy rar file with the Start Trek Voyager episodes in it. Named it S07E25E26.rar and scraped it into the library. No problems.
xml:
2019-08-14 12:32:27.916 T:11252 DEBUG: VideoInfoScanner: Found episode match archive://E%3a%5cTV%20Show-%20TEST%5cStar%20Trek%20Voyager%5cSeason%2007%5cS07E25E26.rar/S07E25E26.avi (s7e25) [s([0-9]+)[ ._x-]*e([0-9]+(?Sad?:[a-i]|\.[1-9])(?![0-9]))?)([^\\/]*)$]
2019-08-14 12:32:27.916 T:11252 DEBUG: VideoInfoScanner: Adding multipart episode 26 [^[-_ex]+([0-9]+(?Sad?:[a-i]|\.[1-9])(?![0-9]))?)]
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
(2019-08-14, 05:12)Karellen Wrote: Oh yes. Most likely the cause of the problem right there. That long list of regex's you added. That is the trouble with being spread out over three threads- I cannot be expected to remember your log in one thread while answering questions in another thread at a later time.

Sorry, I will not decipher what you have there.

I suggest you temporarily remove your advancedsettings.xml file and try to scan. Does it work? Regex's are not required for multi-episode naming if you follow the standard naming.
Yeah probably. You are right, i just thought the old ones sufficed. Sorry for assuming.

Ok, I will try to learn how the regex works when i have gotten some sleep.

I removed it and it did not work.
You don't need regex's. Kodi comes packaged with default regex's and that should be enough for 99% of cases. I can understand adding an extra one or two for unusual circumstances, but adding 40 or more regex's is just... wrong.

While these are not the actual regex's themselves, these are the patterns used here... https://kodi.wiki/view/Naming_video_file...e_Episodes

Did you read somewhere that you need to add your own regex's? If you did, can you point me to it.

But like I said in an earlier post (in a different thread) you need to fix your "messy" naming. In my opinion that is the largest problem you have at this stage. So, try renaming that Voyager episode to something clean. Try my example above.
My Signature
(2019-08-14, 05:26)Karellen Wrote: You don't need regex's. Kodi comes packaged with default regex's and that should be enough for 99% of cases. I can understand adding an extra one or two for unusual circumstances, but adding 40 or more regex's is just... wrong.

While these are not the actual regex's themselves, these are the patterns used here... https://kodi.wiki/view/Naming_video_file...e_Episodes

Did you read somewhere that you need to add your own regex's? If you did, can you point me to it.

But like I said in an earlier post (in a different thread) you need to fix your "messy" naming. In my opinion that is the largest problem you have at this stage. So, try renaming that Voyager episode to something clean. Try my example above.
There was a time were i definitely needed them. I don't really know if they are baked in Kodi now. I have just used the same old regex's since 2014 or something (looks like 2011 damn) starting with xexe's ones.
I can't fix the messy naming i kind of only have read rights regarding that issue. I was hoping to fix it with regex's instead. Thank you for the suggestion and help!
Yes, that is certainly a long time. Kodi has had a lot of core improvements since then. I know there is a bit of "if it ain't broken..." thinking, but I think the cracks are slowly starting to appear. Shame about the read rights issue.
My Signature

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Cannot scrape Multi-Episodes and other questions0