Looking for a box
Hi,

I want to replace my old intel NUC, i did some research to find a box and i am pretty confuse right now =D

I'm looking for something to read smoothly 4k, h265 10bits etc running Libreelec.

What do you guys think of the Beelink BT3 pro? it seems nice on paper, but i couldn't really find any info.

I'm open to any suggestions =)

Thanks  !
Start your journey by reading here.

https://r.tapatalk.com/shareLink/topic?u...are_type=t
Primary Sony 85" X8500F LED, Yamaha RX-V685, Odroid N2 4GB running CoreElec 19.4 RC1 (Kodi Matrix), SVS 5.1 Sound
Secondary Panasonic 50" ST50 Plasma, Pioneer AV916, Asus Chromebox running LibreElec (Kodi Leia)
(2019-08-14, 08:36)Jedynie Wrote: Hi,

I want to replace my old intel NUC, i did some research to find a box and i am pretty confuse right now =D

I'm looking for something to read smoothly 4k, h265 10bits etc running Libreelec.

What do you guys think of the Beelink BT3 pro? it seems nice on paper, but i couldn't really find any info.

Thanks  !

If you are playing 4K h.265 10-bit content :

1. Is the content HDR?
2. Do you have an HDR display, or do you need HDR->SDR conversion?
Quote:Start your journey by reading here.

https://r.tapatalk.com/shareLink/topic?u...are_type=t

I did already, it gave me a lot of good informations but maybe it was too much of info for me, ended up confused lol

(2019-08-14, 11:34)noggin Wrote:
(2019-08-14, 08:36)Jedynie Wrote: Hi,

Thanks  !

If you are playing 4K h.265 10-bit content :

1. Is the content HDR?
2. Do you have an HDR display, or do you need HDR->SDR conversion? 

For now, i'm not playing any 4k content and i don't have an HDR display, so no and no.

But i don't want to buy a new box that is not doing it, to have to change it in 6 month if i decide to buy a new TV.
That is why i am looking for this even if i don't need it right now, and in the meantime, i could read those 1080p h265 10 bits video that my NUC is struggling to read.
(2019-08-14, 15:30)Jedynie Wrote: But i don't want to buy a new box that is not doing it, to have to change it in 6 month if i decide to buy a new TV.
There is hardly any hardware that will last 5-7 years when it comes to HTPC solutions.
Best is to spend your money on something simple that works now, and move on to the next technology in 2-3 years time.

But if you are planning a new TV in 6 months, then you can also plan your next Kodi client box.
I would suggest a VERO box which is designed for KODI https://osmc.tv/vero/
One HTPC Windows 7 pro 64x running WMC with 2 HDhomeRun on Comcast 6 tuners with MCEbuddy
WD MyCloud 24TB over Netgear network | 6500 movies and 40,000+ TV Show episodes
Vero4k+ seems good, does it support big skin like Aeon MadNox ? Is OSMC doing as good as libreelec?
(2019-08-16, 21:29)Jedynie Wrote: Vero4k+ seems good, does it support big skin like Aeon MadNox ? Is OSMC doing as good as libreelec?

If you need all the HDR metadata, go for the S905X2 + CoreELEC. The Beelink GT1 MINI 2/32 with Gigabit LAN and AC Wifi is a good choice.
Hi!

I always use this [Edit Patk] knibble.nl to compare electronics. All specification in a row, to make a decision.

Good luck with the search!
Pulled the URL, it's not English, I left the web should people want to use Google.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Looking for a box0