Media Players that support 24p on Netflix?
Hi.
Afaik there is only ONE streaming player which supports auto framerate matching on Netflix. And that is the AppleTV4k. But this device is really expensive.

Does anybody know of other players (I dont mean TVs and Bluray players) which can do that?
(2019-08-16, 15:20)sylvio2000 Wrote: Hi.
Afaik there is only ONE streaming player which supports auto framerate matching on Netflix. And that is the AppleTV4k. But this device is really expensive.

Does anybody know of other players (I dont mean TVs and Bluray players) which can do that?

With the latest shield update I think Nvidia shield tv also does refresh rate switching though shield is not cheap either.
I know that Shield supports framerate matching. But the question is, does it also work for Netflix? That would be new to me Wink
(2019-08-16, 19:02)sylvio2000 Wrote: I know that Shield supports framerate matching. But the question is, does it also work for Netflix? That would be new to me Wink

Have you tried this app* https://play.google.com/store/apps/detai...efreshrate
*Requires SHIELD Experience Upgrade 8.0 (Android P)

Set default refresh rate to 23.976fps for netflix app and this works well for me.
Just use Netflix kodi addon with Mibox or Fire TV Stick 4k.
As a bonus, you can get atmos too.

Yes there are other options that are basically hacks and work arounds which will work OK for some and be unreliable for others.

The ATV 4K IS the 24p DolbyVision Atmos, Netflix, auto Frame Rate Matching media player IMHO. It’s well proven it just simply works. Set and forget.

(2019-08-16, 21:29)wrxtasy Wrote:

Yes there are other options that are basically hacks and work arounds which will work OK for some and be unreliable for others.

The ATV 4K IS the 24p DolbyVision Atmos 24p auto Frame Rate Matching media player IMHO. It’s well proven it just simply works. Set and forget.  

Until recently some Roku players (my Streaming Stick Plus for example) also did frame rate matching for all their streaming video services, but for some reason (*) this no longer works for Netflix (all other apps like Amazon Prime Video, BBC iPlayer etc. still switch fine)

(*) There is a suggestion that the Netflix UI trailer auto-play functionality was behind this decision - as each time a new trailer played with a new frame rate (25p for some, 24p for others, UI at 60p etc.) the Roku would change output frame rate and TVs would re-sync (whereas other platforms run the UI at a fixed rate and only frame rate switch on main content - probably the difference between an OS-level frame rate matching and an App-controlled frame rate matching approach?)
Ok. It seems I was right. The ATV4k is the only player capable of 24p for Netflix. Undecided

Seems Netflix is not interested in pleasing some (many?) people who dislike this micro stutters when watching tv. No
(2019-08-19, 08:04)sylvio2000 Wrote: Ok. It seems I was right. The ATV4k is the only player capable of 24p for Netflix. Undecided

Seems Netflix is not interested in pleasing some (many?) people who dislike this micro stutters when watching tv. No

It is not only 24p it has to support.
I've watched Netflix - Euro, UK & Aussie sourced content that is 25fps - which is why for us non USA users - auto Frame Rate Matching is really important.

When Google cannot even be bothered supporting auto Frame Rate Matching with their own Apps like YouTube, and Google Play Movies - I guess it sends a signal to other devs. that it really is not important for the Android TV Eco system users.

With the refresh rate app the shieldtv does perfect auto refreshrate switching on netflix and the other streaming apps.
(2019-08-20, 11:58)rwijnhov Wrote: With the refresh rate app the shieldtv does perfect auto refreshrate switching on netflix and the other streaming apps.

For you it might, but it's not like Kodi or Apple TV 4K auto Frame Rate Matching because when using that Android TV - Refresh Tool helper App video has to be played first BEFORE auto refresh switching occurs based on the source video frame rate.

I've seen people with HDCP errors as well so it's not reliable but more of a hack.

From the relevant Shield Refresh Rate tool thread.

https://www.nvidia.com/en-us/geforce/for...ogle-play/

Quote:Known issues:

Netflix:
There is problem when change from 59.94hz or 60hz to lower durning video playback.
Solution 1:
Restart video by exiting to home menu and launching something different (or wait for trailer starts).
Solution 2:
Set default refresh rate to 23.976fps for netflix app, it looks that changes from this 'base' is working fine without restarting video playback.

Amazon Prime:
If you change refresh rate durning playback you will get HDCP Error. You should restart video after change or select proper refresh rate before video start.

Does the built in Netflix app in Samsung tv's support framerate switching?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Media Players that support 24p on Netflix?0