Remote server ? Remote Database ?
(2019-08-19, 18:48)NicCo Wrote: I manage all Kodi clients (about 6 clients for my family) but I would like to install the certificate one time per client because it's complicated to access all clients every 90 days.

You'd only have to install the (Let's Encrypt) certificate on the server, not on the clients. There's CertBot that can automatically renew the certificate for you when expiration is coming up, so you don't have to do it manually.

As for having watched status & resume points unique to each user, you can take a look at the 5-User MySQL setup that @BigMong wrote up. I've been using this with my Jarvis installation for years, with just 2 users (you can easily modify it to provide for 6 users or more). This allows a unified library, where you only have to scrape the media once (by the Master user) and the other users will have new media already appear in the library.

As for accessing the library across the internet, I just set up a pfSense firewall at home running OpenVPN server, and I have (for example) my work computer connect to that. That way, I can use NFS shares at home, and be able to access my library in the same way while I'm at the office or when I'm travelling. Also doesn't open up a bunch of ports to the internet at large, just one for OpenVPN.
Thank you for your answer.
Even for MySQL, the Let's Encrypt certificate doesn't need to be installed on the clients ?
Thank you for the link, I need only 3 users (because each user use 2 clients) so it should work like I want.
For the pfSense firewall, you use it only for Kodi or all your Internet traffic ? Kodi is provided with a built-in VPN client ?
Thank you.
(2019-08-19, 21:57)NicCo Wrote: Kodi is provided with a built-in VPN client ?
None whatsoever, as you can tell from our VPN policy (wiki).
(2019-08-19, 21:59)Klojum Wrote:
(2019-08-19, 21:57)NicCo Wrote: Kodi is provided with a built-in VPN client ?
None whatsoever, as you can tell from our VPN policy (wiki)
No problem, it would be a private VPN just to my usage, not to bypass anything Smile but I stop discussion about it if it's not allowed Wink
(2019-08-19, 21:57)NicCo Wrote: Even for MySQL, the Let's Encrypt certificate doesn't need to be installed on the clients ?
Sorry, can't help you with this, as I don't really have experience with SSL/TLS connection. My MySQL installation runs unencrypted because connections are restricted to my LAN and remote-access subnets. Plus, there's not really anything I am worried about getting sniffed out in there -- I don't care if someone finds out how many times I've watched Spaceballs, for instance Wink. The thing I'd be concerned about in your situation is if you open up the MySQL port on an Internet-facing server, and are unable to restrict access to certain IP's that your devices would be accessing it from.

(2019-08-19, 21:57)NicCo Wrote: For the pfSense firewall, you use it only for Kodi or all your Internet traffic ?
All of my Internet traffic is routed through the pfSense box. A nice little piece of kit. If you're interested --> https://pfsense.org/
Thank you, I'll look at it Wink

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Remote server ? Remote Database ?0