• 8(current)
Release Kodi Matrix 19.0 HDR Edition
(2019-08-20, 05:04)nayef Wrote: For me i have good option:
screen 1080p & 4:4:4 
Then my AVR-Pioneer upscale to 4K

23hz = Slow kodi menu 
RGB Full= too dark via OLED c7

That doesn’t sound right. Downscaling native 4K material only to upscale straight after?

That is most certainly inferior to native playback. I have a C7 too and RGB Full looks perfectly fine. You may not have your black levels configured correctly.
(2019-08-20, 01:26)HomeTheatreGuru Wrote:
(2019-08-19, 14:13)kikassridec2 Wrote: set Nvida to out put full RGB 12 bits as also in kodi video settings output to full

Don’t do this. Set it to RGB Full 8-bits to maintain best colour accuracy and highest refresh rate when in SDR mode.

If set up correctly it will automatically switch to ycbcr 4:2:2 10-bits when HDR mode is engaged.

You’re limiting yourself if you force 10/12-bits at RGB Full settings. Kodi menu navigation will be laggy due to low refresh rates, etc. 

i forgot to say i use on a secondary tv oled so i have set in nvidia to 23htz 

with the build it option on my sony set to limited colour range as seems to be brighter
Hi fandangos, I just tried 2.2b out for the first time and it works very well on my Nvidia setup, nice work!

One problem I'm having is that I can't scan any TV shows into a library with this version. I installed the tvdb addon (3.0.16 which has the recent fix for crashing) but when I scan a TV source, Kodi just closes/crashes.  I installed a Matrix nightly and tested exactly the same and it works OK there.  Is there anything in your fork which would break tv show scraping from thetvdb?
(2019-08-20, 12:57)beeswax Wrote: Hi fandangos, I just tried 2.2b out for the first time and it works very well on my Nvidia setup, nice work!

One problem I'm having is that I can't scan any TV shows into a library with this version. I installed the tvdb addon (3.0.16 which has the recent fix for crashing) but when I scan a TV source, Kodi just closes/crashes.  I installed a Matrix nightly and tested exactly the same and it works OK there.  Is there anything in your fork which would break tv show scraping from thetvdb?

I believe this is caused by FFmpeg I'm using.

I'm at work now, when I get home I'll compile it with the 4.2 version from official Kodi GitHub branch, this should solve it.
(2019-08-20, 02:41)fandangos Wrote: Yes, hdmi 2.0 doesn't have enough bandwidth for 60hz RGB full dynamic range (0-255) 12 bits and HDR on top of all that. 

But it can at 23hz (23.976 fps for movies).

The way I do here is, using nvidia control panel I set refresh rate to 23hz at 4k using specif color format: RGB, 12 bits full dynamic range. 
Apply and revert back to 60hz for desktop usage. The control panel will set 8bits because it can't do 12bits. 

This means that while on my desktop I'll be at 8bits but whenever a software changes the refresh to 23hz it reverts back to the previews selected format. 

This will, to my understand, give the best possible picture using a PC.

Some food for thought:

Very few displays are 12bit.  Most are 10bit.  nVidia does not offer an exclusive 10bit setting for RGB 30Hz and below.  Only 8 or 12.  Selecting 12bit on a 10bit display will more than likely introduce banding but it will dither down to 10bit.  My go to video is all the opening scenes of Allied (2016) paying attention to the sky.  I get banding using 12bit dithered to 10bit.  Even if YOU don't, the 12bit nVidia setting does not survive a reboot.  It reverts to 8bit.  All said and done, I highly, highly doubt you will see any difference using 12bit instead of 8bit.  This is an overrated setting.  Any new colors that might be introduced into the gamut would be very difficult to notice even in a sbs comparison.  Games might be different vs video.  That's really what 12bit is intended for imo.  Set nVidia to 8bit and forget about it.  Same with madVR if you're using that while trying this fork.  Mismatching causes problems and unnecessary conversions.
HOW TO - Kodi 2D - 3D - UHD (4k) HDR Guide Internal & External Players iso menus
DIY HOME THEATER WIND EFFECT

W11 Pro 24H2 MPC-BE\HC madVR KODI 22 GTX960-4GB/RGB 4:4:4/Desktop 60Hz 8bit Video Matched Refresh rates 23,24,50,60Hz 8/10/12bit/Samsung 82" Q90R Denon S720W
The link for the 2.2 version before updating FFmpeg was gone from the first page.

If you have any problem with scraping or playback, please, use this one:

Version 2.2
https://mega.nz/#!fJtQ1CAI!CYLu1glufcssc...G983Dvu4Dg
(2019-08-20, 16:49)fandangos Wrote: The link for the 2.2 version before updating FFmpeg was gone from the first page.

If you have any problem with scraping or playback, please, use this one:

Version 2.2
https://mega.nz/#!fJtQ1CAI!CYLu1glufcssc...G983Dvu4Dg
No more crashing when scraping TV shows - thanks!
Hi.
Since I discovered this version of kodi, I am super happy, except for an error that has happened to me in all versions. It is a small jump every so often (judder) or something similar.
After trying and trying a thousand hours. I've finally discovered that it only stops when I don't have Wasapi audio output enabled I do not understand why. but when I deactivate everything works perfectly. with the loss of Dts-hd audio through my amplifier denon Sad.
Any solution ?.
Thanks
(2019-08-21, 01:55)tonigb Wrote: Hi.
Since I discovered this version of kodi, I am super happy, except for an error that has happened to me in all versions. It is a small jump every so often (judder) or something similar.
After trying and trying a thousand hours. I've finally discovered that it only stops when I don't have Wasapi audio output enabled I do not understand why. but when I deactivate everything works perfectly. with the loss of Dts-hd audio through my amplifier denon Sad.
Any solution ?.
Thanks

Sounds like your display is not switching to the movie’s refresh rate (likely to be 23/24hz) which causes motion judder.

Have you whitelisted all supported resolutions and refresh rates in Kodi settings? And did you set ‘adjust display refresh rate to match movie’ to ‘always’?

This will allow the display to switch to the desired refresh rate.
Update 2.3 is out

Change log: 

FFmpeg 4.2 from official Kodi github
Updated HDR detection:
If movie has light metadata or colors space BT.2020 will set HDR ON.

People who had problems with Terminator, please, test this build. 

Please, test this FFmpeg build so we can have it as default and start moving to AMD HDR.
(2019-08-21, 02:18)HomeTheatreGuru Wrote: [quote="tonigb" pid='2878862' dateline='1566345351']
Have you whitelisted all supported resolutions and refresh rates in Kodi settings? And did you set ‘adjust display refresh rate to match movie’ to ‘always’?

This will allow the display to switch to the desired refresh rate.

do not. I'm going to try it right now. but it has never happened to me and has only stopped when I deactivate wasapi.
what about for HLG format ?
I still have that little jump. It's every 15 or 20 seconds and I don't like it. I've tried the white list and nothing. I don't understand why only for when I deactivate wasapi
(2019-08-20, 16:41)brazen1 Wrote:
(2019-08-20, 02:41)fandangos Wrote: Yes, hdmi 2.0 doesn't have enough bandwidth for 60hz RGB full dynamic range (0-255) 12 bits and HDR on top of all that. 

But it can at 23hz (23.976 fps for movies).

The way I do here is, using nvidia control panel I set refresh rate to 23hz at 4k using specif color format: RGB, 12 bits full dynamic range. 
Apply and revert back to 60hz for desktop usage. The control panel will set 8bits because it can't do 12bits. 

This means that while on my desktop I'll be at 8bits but whenever a software changes the refresh to 23hz it reverts back to the previews selected format. 

This will, to my understand, give the best possible picture using a PC.

Some food for thought:

Very few displays are 12bit.  Most are 10bit.  nVidia does not offer an exclusive 10bit setting for RGB 30Hz and below.  Only 8 or 12.  Selecting 12bit on a 10bit display will more than likely introduce banding but it will dither down to 10bit.  My go to video is all the opening scenes of Allied (2016) paying attention to the sky.  I get banding using 12bit dithered to 10bit.  Even if YOU don't, the 12bit nVidia setting does not survive a reboot.  It reverts to 8bit.  All said and done, I highly, highly doubt you will see any difference using 12bit instead of 8bit.  This is an overrated setting.  Any new colors that might be introduced into the gamut would be very difficult to notice even in a sbs comparison.  Games might be different vs video.  That's really what 12bit is intended for imo.  Set nVidia to 8bit and forget about it.  Same with madVR if you're using that while trying this fork.  Mismatching causes problems and unnecessary conversions.    

so currently my settings are nvida control panel under display i have set full rgb 12bit force 23htz
                                                                                                       in kodi set to limited range
                                                                                                       sony oled tv have set to limited range
am i correct or should i select 8bit output? my tv has 10bit panel. 

also under video in nvida control panel do i set to limited full or let program control this?
display is output 12bit rgb but under video do i select limited or full or do i let kodi player take control of that setting

sorry didnt mean for this double post
  • 8(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kodi Matrix 19.0 HDR Edition9