v19 installing any PVR client fails
HI..
my install of v19 started crashing so i decided to do a clean install.
i uninstalled removing everything.
then reinstalled from the latest nightly.
this installed fine but when i tried to add the TVHeadend HTSP client it popped up "installation failed"
i tried going back to earlier nightlys but i had the same issue.
i tried other pvr clients and they failed (IPTV simple Client)
i tired random other addons and they worked (wake on lan one)
i even tried installing on a pc that didnt have Kodi installed and did a fresh install and it did the same thing.
if i install KODI 18.4 then the TVHeadend HTSP client addon installs fine..
can anyne help me out?

thanks
Hello,

Keep in mind that you are using pre-release software that is not even in beta.
If you want stable software, as you realized yourself, you need to stick to a stable release.
Or simply wait for fixes and live with the inconveniences .
For everyday use however, it is recommended not to use dailies.
I hope you understand.
(2019-08-04, 13:15)OTinley Wrote: Hello,

Keep in mind that you are using pre-release software that is not even in beta.
If you want stable software, as you realized yourself, you need to stick to a stable release.
Or simply wait for fixes and live with the inconveniences .
For everyday use however, it is recommended not to use dailies.
I hope you understand.
yup.. i understand that..
but i thought someone would be able to help or even want to know..
i have reinstalled earlier releases of version 19 and had the same problem.. maybe its an issue with the Repo?

in fact i just tested again and every one of the PVR clients i tried to install failed but i went and tested a program addon and a service addon and they installed fine..
it does seem like a problem with the repo but only affecting the PVR clients?
Quote:it does seem like a problem with the repo but only affecting the PVR clients?

Sadly just not the PVR client,  but other digital addons as well such as InputStream Adaptive which will not install in the latest nightlies.
Please try to be patient as those will be fixed in due time. At least you have an alternative even though it is not the one you want.
Thanks for your understanding.
fixed at https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/pull/16443
(2019-08-08, 12:37)Rechi Wrote: fixed at https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/pull/16443
awesome..
thanks..
so does that mean that in the latest nightly it should be working again? (sorry if thats a stupid question)
Yes, it should work since 2 weeks.
(2019-08-20, 09:03)Ratler Wrote:
(2019-08-08, 12:37)Rechi Wrote: fixed at https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/pull/16443
awesome..
thanks..
so does that mean that in the latest nightly it should be working again? (sorry if thats a stupid question) 
Have you been able to get any PVR installed yet? - I've tried with the 2019-08-21 build and still no luck - maybe I'm too new at this
2019-08-21 Is not a specific version, you have to also mention the complete name of the file you are using.
Hi, Thank you for replying.
I'm sorry that i left that out.
So far, it's been all PVRs available in the kodi repository, and in all of the versions I've tried so far.
I no longer have all of the file names that I've tried, but the last 2 are:
KodiSetup-v19 - 20190804-36c347be-master-x86.exe and KodiSetup-v19 - 20190816-205a4623-master-x86.exe.
I hope this is the information you needed.
(2019-08-25, 13:03)km4336 Wrote: Hi, Thank you for replying.
So far, it's been all PVRs available in the kodi repository, and in all of the versions I've tried so far.
KodiSetup-v19 - 20190804-36c347be-master-x86.exe and KodiSetup-v19 - 20190816-205a4623-master-x86.exe.
Okay, I found the last file tried: KodiSetup-20190820-efc97014-master-x86.exe
(2019-08-25, 13:05)km4336 Wrote:
(2019-08-25, 13:03)km4336 Wrote: Hi, Thank you for replying.
Okay, I found the last file tried: KodiSetup-20190820-efc97014-master-x86.exe 
I just finished running an update on the kodi repository and it allowed me to successfully install the PVR HDHomeRun Client.
I guess I just needed to wait for an update for the repository.
Thank you for trying to look into the issue.
I also had an issue installing IPTV simple Client. In my case, I had to pay close attention to what the error was saying. In my case it said something related to the dependencies. IPTV Simple Client installs several other programs along with it. When you watch one or more of the dependencies don't install. My work around was to select each dependency program and install them one at a time. After I did that IPTV Simple Client was able to finish installing without any errors.
Keeps telling me that is not compatible with this version of Kodi

this is very frustrating
(2021-01-16, 22:38)Onknight Wrote: Keeps telling me that is not compatible with this version of Kodi

Which version of Kodi are you running, and have you recently updated it (or if it came from an app store, has it updated via that)?

Also which OS are you running Kodi under, and where are you trying to install the PVR addon from?
|Banned add-ons (wiki)|Forum rules (wiki)|VPN policy (wiki)|First time user (wiki)|FAQs (wiki) Troubleshooting (wiki)|Add-ons (wiki)|Free content (wiki)|Debug Log (wiki)|

Kodi Blog Posts

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
installing any PVR client fails0