• 7(current)
Beta Metropolis 3.5.0 beta for Kodi 18 (Leia)
Thanks a lot for this beautiful skin that I use since a few years now.
When do you plan to officially release version 3.5.0? I use beta versions since a few months and it appears to me that it is already quite stable. Kodi 18 has been released for 5 months now...
There are some strings I was too lazy to add to strings.po and are hard-coded in English right now in the skin, there is the bug that some older versions might have background image issues because of some bug in script.skinshortcuts (that I can't fix but can walk users through resolving manually) but other than that it's up to jingai when it gets pushed to the main repo.

I'm here to help when needed with betas, I have zero idea on where or how to upload it and can barely operate Github most of the time.
Using a NUC7PJYHN and a 2820FYKH0 Intel NUC running LibreELEC, and two FireTVs.:)
Long time no see people, i just upgraded to 18 and as always wanted my favorite skin Metropolis in! so far so good. but here comes a post from the past MacGyver, remember this ? https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?pid...pid2034632

Well try to find the setting here as well but all have changed. A did a search in the .xml with no luck.
Can you please tell me how i can achieve this now ?

thanks !!!
(2019-08-17, 10:47)great_vc Wrote: Long time no see people, i just upgraded to 18 and as always wanted my favorite skin Metropolis in! so far so good. but here comes a post from the past MacGyver, remember this ? https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?pid...pid2034632

Well try to find the setting here as well but all have changed. A did a search in the .xml with no luck.

thanks !!!

@MacGyver  , can you please help on this Huh   Undecided
(2019-08-17, 10:47)great_vc Wrote: Long time no see people, i just upgraded to 18 and as always wanted my favorite skin Metropolis in! so far so good. but here comes a post from the past MacGyver, remember this ? https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?pid...pid2034632

thanks !!!

Maybe try here:
go to PlayerControls.xml
and change line 424:
Code:
<label>$INFO[VideoPlayer.Time]$INFO[VideoPlayer.Duration, / ]</label>
to
Code:
<label>$INFO[VideoPlayer.TimeRemaining][COLOR TextNF]/[/COLOR] $INFO[VideoPlayer.Duration]</label>

I didn't have time to test it, but it seems like what you want.
Using a NUC7PJYHN and a 2820FYKH0 Intel NUC running LibreELEC, and two FireTVs.:)
(2019-08-26, 07:00)MacGyver Wrote:
(2019-08-17, 10:47)great_vc Wrote: Long time no see people, i just upgraded to 18 and as always wanted my favorite skin Metropolis in! so far so good. but here comes a post from the past MacGyver, remember this ? https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?pid...pid2034632

thanks !!!

Maybe try here:
go to PlayerControls.xml
and change line 424:
Code:
to
Code:
<label>$INFO[VideoPlayer.TimeRemaining][COLOR TextNF]/[/COLOR] $INFO[VideoPlayer.Duration]</label>

Thank you @MacGyver  but it doesn't seem to work even  though it seams legit from my view.

I have now this:

xml:
<control type="label">
                <description>Time Label</description>
                <posx>160</posx>
                <posy>95</posy>
                <height>30</height>
                <width>280</width>
                <!-- <label>$INFO[VideoPlayer.Time]$INFO[VideoPlayer.TimeRemaining, / ]</label> --!>
                <label>$INFO[VideoPlayer.Time][COLOR TextNF]/[/COLOR] $INFO[VideoPlayer.TimeRemaining]</label>
                <align>left</align>
                <aligny>center</aligny>

The result is the same:

​​​​​​​Image

On the previous version the code was this on the Includes.xml around line 1439

xml:
​​​​​​​<!-- Current position / Total Time -->
            <control type="label">
                <posx>1250</posx>
                <posy>640</posy>
                <width>250</width>
                <height>40</height>
                <aligny>center</aligny>
                <align>right</align>
                <font>METF_OSDTime</font>
                <textcolor>OSDPlayingDuration</textcolor>
                <label>$INFO[VideoPlayer.Time] [COLOR TextNF]/[/COLOR] $INFO[VideoPlayer.TimeRemaining]</label>
            </control>

I'm waiting for your magic touch  Laugh
(2019-08-26, 11:52)great_vc Wrote:
(2019-08-26, 07:00)MacGyver Wrote:

thanks !!!

Maybe try here:
go to PlayerControls.xml
and change line 424:
Code:
to
Code:

Thank you @MacGyver  but it doesn't seem to work even  though it seams legit from my view.

I have now this:

xml:
<control type="label">
                <posx>160</posx>
                <posy>95</posy>
                <height>30</height>
                <width>280</width>
                <!-- <label>$INFO[VideoPlayer.Time]$INFO[VideoPlayer.TimeRemaining, / ]</label> --!>
                <label>$INFO[VideoPlayer.Time][COLOR TextNF]/[/COLOR] $INFO[VideoPlayer.TimeRemaining]</label>
                <align>left</align>
                <aligny>center</aligny>

The result is the same:

xml:
​​​​​​​<!-- Current position / Total Time -->
            <control type="label">
                <posx>1250</posx>
                <posy>640</posy>
                <width>250</width>
                <height>40</height>
                <aligny>center</aligny>
                <align>right</align>
            </control>

I'm waiting for your magic touch  Laugh 

It's been moved and altered to support multiple locations and states, so you will need to decide when you want it to look the way you want. If you just want it to look that way when playing then do the below.
It's now in Includes_Variables.xml line 522

Code:
<value>$INFO[Player.Time(hh:mm:ss)]$INFO[Player.Duration(hh:mm:ss), [COLOR TextNF]/[/COLOR] ]</value>

change it to:
Code:
<value>$INFO[VideoPlayer.TimeRemaining][COLOR TextNF]/[/COLOR] $INFO[VideoPlayer.Duration]</value>

it should give you what you are looking for.
Thumbs Up 
(2019-08-27, 04:44)MacGyver Wrote:
(2019-08-26, 11:52)great_vc Wrote:
(2019-08-26, 07:00)MacGyver Wrote: Maybe try here:
go to PlayerControls.xml
and change line 424:
Code:
to
Code:

Thank you @MacGyver but it doesn't seem to work even though it seams legit from my view.

I have now this:

xml:
<control type="label">
<posx>160</posx>
<posy>95</posy>
<height>30</height>
<width>280</width>
<align>left</align>
<aligny>center</aligny>

The result is the same:

xml:
<!-- Current position / Total Time -->
<control type="label">
<posx>1250</posx>
<posy>640</posy>
<width>250</width>
<height>40</height>
<aligny>center</aligny>
<align>right</align>
</control>

I'm waiting for your magic touch Laugh 

It's been moved and altered to support multiple locations and states, so you will need to decide when you want it to look the way you want. If you just want it to look that way when playing then do the below.
It's now in Includes_Variables.xml line 522
Code:
<value>$INFO[Player.Time(hh:mm:ss)]$INFO[Player.Duration(hh:mm:ss), [COLOR TextNF]/[/COLOR] ]</value>

change it to:
Code:
<value>$INFO[VideoPlayer.TimeRemaining][COLOR TextNF]/[/COLOR] $INFO[VideoPlayer.Duration]</value>

it should give you what you are looking for. 

YES !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! IT WORKED !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
You are the man !!!!!!!!!!!! 
Rofl

Thank you so much!
(2019-08-27, 11:49)great_vc Wrote: Thank you so much! 

You're welcome.
I have an add-on that checks email, the notification is on the bottom of the screen which overlaps with the DVD subtitles and you cannot read anything.

Is it possible to have a copy of DialogNotification.xml which has the notification pop-up on the top of the screen instead of the bottom ?

I tried to mess with the numbers but the result whose terrible.

Many thanks in advance @MacGyver
(2019-09-15, 14:41)great_vc Wrote: I have an add-on that checks email, the notification is on the bottom of the screen which overlaps with the DVD subtitles and you cannot read anything.

Is it possible to have a copy of DialogNotification.xml which has the notification pop-up on the top of the screen instead of the bottom ?

Many thanks in advance @MacGyver
@MacGyver , Did you have the time perhaps to look at this ?
(2019-09-19, 18:09)great_vc Wrote:
(2019-09-15, 14:41)great_vc Wrote: I have an add-on that checks email, the notification is on the bottom of the screen which overlaps with the DVD subtitles and you cannot read anything.

Is it possible to have a copy of DialogNotification.xml which has the notification pop-up on the top of the screen instead of the bottom ?

I haven't had a chance to look into it, but you can choose where the subtitles display already. I believe it's under Video Calibration.
(2019-09-24, 07:27)MacGyver Wrote:
(2019-09-19, 18:09)great_vc Wrote:

I haven't had a chance to look into it, but you can choose where the subtitles display already. I believe it's under Video Calibration. 
Yes i know about that, the subtitles are in correct position, just sometimes i get the notification. I do not want to change the position of the subtitles thats why.
If it is a hustle forget it, just i thought it because i saw on other skins (i think also on the default kodi one) the notification on top or in the sides of the screen.
Sad 
I Love this skin and all the work is great.. But I got a new one for you..  I just did a new install of Xbain with no plugins running other than your skin and artist slide show.. I tired another skin on my old system and all it wanted to do is hog memory so I started fresh again.. But here's the funny thing  No errors in the log what so ever when playing music and using artist slide show but I get nothing but the default background..  Funny thing is I know slide show is running just not showing threw because the screen flickers each time it's suppose to be changing  to a new image.. Did I miss something?? I've click on and off each setting on the visualizations screen and checked each one sepratly and mixed.. Same results each time..  Also I did do the Artwork beef code as well..

Not in a hurry to have this fixed just thought it was kinda weird and I should let you know being your going to be going back into the repository's soon.  

Thanks
James
Hey folks. because I share my media centers with my wife who is very tech-resistant (some might call her a Luddite). I try to keep my kodi installations as far from the bleeding edge as possible. She loses patience quickly, and I need things to just work.
For that reason, I held back on Leia until my pi3/OSMC device forced me to upgrade. but now I've lost my beloved Metropolis skin! Since it's been 6 months since the last Metropolis beta (10) update I'm wondering, are we close to an official release date for 3.5?
  • 7(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Metropolis 3.5.0 beta for Kodi 18 (Leia)0