Video playlists with only one video are broken
Creating a video playlist with only one video will cause the playlist to be unplayable. This is completely reliable and I can recreate repeatably. The playlist will appear on the playlist list but the icon will be wrong and upon selection it will read "No information available"
(2019-08-26, 22:46)ibrooks Wrote: Creating a video playlist with only one video will cause the playlist to be unplayable. This is completely reliable and I can recreate repeatably. The playlist will appear on the playlist list but the icon will be wrong and upon selection it will read "No information available"
I've had no problems, works fine for me.

Think you might have to explain how this happens in detail and perhaps include a debug log which will contain version of Kodi your o/s and some needed stats. BTW: it's not a bug until it's proven to be ubiquitous among all users, and this is not a support forum. Please let me know what o/s you have running and I'll move the post along to the appropriate thread.
(2019-08-27, 17:47)PatK Wrote:
(2019-08-26, 22:46)ibrooks Wrote: Creating a video playlist with only one video will cause the playlist to be unplayable. This is completely reliable and I can recreate repeatably. The playlist will appear on the playlist list but the icon will be wrong and upon selection it will read "No information available"
I've had no problems, works fine for me.

Think you might have to explain how this happens in detail and perhaps include a debug log which will contain version of Kodi your o/s and some needed stats. BTW: it's not a bug until it's proven to be ubiquitous among all users, and this is not a support forum. Please let me know what o/s you have running and I'll move the post along to the appropriate thread. 

Step 1: Add media to queue either by starting to play a single file or using the 'add to queue' context menu
Step 2: Navigate to playlist view and select 'Save' (remove extra items if any are there. I found 'Add new playlist' was frequently )
Step 3: Enter name and save
Step 4: Navigate to video playlists
Step 5: Select your newly created playlist
Step 6: Observe lack of information or anything occuring upon selection
Step 7: Open the contextual menu, hit play, observe error "Can't find a next item to play"

I have also created a playlist with 2 items in it to test, that playlist works fine. The issue only occurs when the video playlist has only one item.

Device: Amazon Fire Stick 4k

Version: 18.3 Leia

I believe I will need to set up a debug bridge to pull logs off the fire stick. I'll update the thread once I do.

BTW: Ubiquity among users is not the qualifier of a bug, unintended behavior is. Unless lack of funcitonality in single-item playlists is intentional, this is a bug. One you don't seem to be experiencing, but a bug nonetheless.
Some good news and a bit of bad.

Following up on your Steps exactly as defined, the single played out perfectly. The playlist is saved as test.m3u and contains just the path to the target; so naturally there wouldn't be any meta-data available at that point.
(2019-08-28, 20:38)ibrooks Wrote: Device: Amazon Fire Stick 4k
Possibly this is specifically a fire stick issue, I used windows and in that regard I'll move this thread along to the Android forum, perhaps the debug log will cast some light on this.
Logs here! Fresh Logs here!

https://paste.kodi.tv/alahaxobob.kodi

So to make sure the logs contain useful content I attempted to play the test single-video playlists and also made a new single-video playlist. I tried to read them myself but I'm a bit out of my depth and wasn't sure what I was looking for.
What are the contents of special://profile/playlists/video/7.m3u it appears as if there is a re-direction of the path to the content. (it should be direct as in N:\Documentary\You Can't Watch This (2019)\You Can't Watch This.mp4 ) Kodi is trying to play but fails [special://profile/playlists/video/7.m3u]. Mysterious part is it works if two are in the list, perhaps put a few in the queue, save the list, then look at the saved file with a text editor and see how the path is displayed.

[Quick Edit] loaded up my Nvidia Shield (android) with a single queue and saved it, played fine directly from the playlist folder. The issue is starting to point back at the FS

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Video playlists with only one video are broken0