Setting the Defaults for the Set Content Window when initially scaping a source
Does anyone know if there is a way to set the Defaults for the Set Content Window when initially scaping a new source:

I would like to use the following defaults: (to save changing from the default None)
This directory contains: Movies
Choose information provider:  Local Infomation only
Movies are in separate folders that match the mobie title - ON
Scan Recursively: ON

Is this possible or partially possible ?
You would normally only have a couple top level sources so i'm not sure what problem your trying to solve. Any subfolders below that would share the scraping settings from the parent folder. If you do a set content on a subfolder it overrides just for itself.
(2019-08-30, 15:24)WickyKD Wrote: Is this possible or partially possible ?
No.

As darwindesign stated, if you are constantly setting up sources, then you are doing something wrong. I have 6 movie sources and they were setup when I installed Kodi. It is a once off process and once setup, never needs to be touched again. Can you explain your workflow that requires the constant need to setup new Sources?
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
(2019-08-31, 00:10)Karellen Wrote:
(2019-08-30, 15:24)WickyKD Wrote: Is this possible or partially possible ?
No.

As darwindesign stated, if you are constantly setting up sources, then you are doing something wrong. I have 6 movie sources and they were setup when I installed Kodi. It is a once off process and once setup, never needs to be touched again. Can you explain your workflow that requires the constant need to setup new Sources?    

Thanks for the response.
Let my clarify my current use case.

I use Kodi to manage the video media that I have have purchased over the years (DVD, Blu-Ray etc..) as well as old family videos that I have transferred to mp4 and custom home made DVD's.
I do not use Kodi for online TV streaming, games, Music CD's other apps etc..

I am a PCH / YAMJ user transitioning to Kodi and currenlty comparing using Kodi 18.3 (OSMC) with Raspberry Pi3 vs the Vero+ device. (Also have Pi4 coming in the post.)

I am using the Aeon NOX Silvo skin and have managed to get a look and feel I like and like all my meta data stored local with the media.

However, you could say I am in "development" to get the different types of media (TV Series / Music, Videos etc ..) looking how I want them.
I use TinyMediaManager (TMM) to manage the media scaping and the creation of NFO's for my collection on my Windows DAW.
TMM accesses a NAS share holding the media and my Kodi device sources accessing the same NAS share.
I am happy with formation of the NFO's and the ability to customise the NFO's with info and group titles into custom collections etc...

In my current phase, I am in processing chunks of my collection (100+) at a time and restructuring the directories as appropriate for the Kodi setup.
However, to get each 100+ exactly right takes a few iterations.

I perform the below procedure fairly regularly so that I just rescan the selected media shares (but leave the Kodi sources, views and other settings in tact)
This is to test bulk changes to the layout and customised NFO. (For changes to a small number of titles I use the Refresh feature of the specific title)

1) Use putty to login as osmc and run a script.
This script basically contains the following commands:
   sudo systemctl stop mediacenter
   cd ~/.kodi/userdata/Database
   mv MyVideos116.db MyVideos116.db.old
   sudo systemctl start mediacenter

2) From Kodi, I use the Indigo Addon to delete the Kodi cache and thumbnails

3) From Kodi, I go the source and perform the Set Content to re-read media, artwork and NFOs and rhen review the result.

Thus the ability to be able to have the Local Information Scraper as the default Movie / TV Series scraper, along with Set Content default would be useful as I will never scrape using the Kodi MovieDB scrapers etc...

Once I have fully transitioned I will hopefully have stability and will consolidate and rescan the shares at the end and have a long period of stability.

However, I will probably always use a "development" instance of Kodi to play with and prepare changes / new media before applying to my "Production" instance.
Using this approach also means I am in control of my metadata and can easily manage it.
I hope the above gives some insight to my situation / use case.

Any comments / advice welcome.
Regards
Wicky
(2019-08-31, 05:50)WickyKD Wrote: I use Kodi to manage the video media that I have have purchased over the years (DVD, Blu-Ray etc..) as well as old family videos that I have transferred to mp4 and custom home made DVD's.
I do not use Kodi for online TV streaming, games,
That is also my use.

Most people will think that is a difficult workflow, but strangely I do something similar. I use my development/testing pc to scrape videos, export to separate file, modify some items in the nfo file, then move over to my storage and scan into my main kodi. Sounds complex but only takes a couple of minutes to do.

(2019-08-31, 05:50)WickyKD Wrote: I use TinyMediaManager (TMM) to manage the media scaping and the creation of NFO's for my collection on my Windows DAW.
I don't use media managers as they are never 100% Kodi compatible. You should just let Kodi scrapers do their thing then use the Export function to create nfo files. 100% kodi perfect nfo files compared to 80% perfect in best case and completely disastrous in worst case.

(2019-08-31, 05:50)WickyKD Wrote: 2) From Kodi, I use the Indigo Addon to delete the Kodi cache and thumbnails
That is a shame as that breaches our Forum Rules for Banned Add-ons (wiki). Unfortunatly cannot assist any further until they are removed. But you pretty much have all your answers now. Just remember for next time.
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
It seems like it would be more advantageous to do this work on a seperate profile and then move the files to the main collection once the scraping info is sorted (and probably on a PC). For refreshing the info it may be better to 'set content - none' 'remove - yes' 'set content' 'scan - yes' in the files section.
(2019-08-31, 06:05)Karellen Wrote:
(2019-08-31, 05:50)WickyKD Wrote: I use Kodi to manage the video media that I have have purchased over the years (DVD, Blu-Ray etc..) as well as old family videos that I have transferred to mp4 and custom home made DVD's.
I do not use Kodi for online TV streaming, games,
That is also my use.

Most people will think that is a difficult workflow, but strangely I do something similar. I use my development/testing pc to scrape videos, export to single file, modify some items in the nfo file, then move over to my storage and scan into my main kodi. Sounds complex but only takes a couple of minutes to do.
(2019-08-31, 05:50)WickyKD Wrote: I use TinyMediaManager (TMM) to manage the media scaping and the creation of NFO's for my collection on my Windows DAW.
I don't use media managers as they are never 100% Kodi compatible. You should just let Kodi scrapers do their thing then use the Export function to create nfo files. 100% kodi perfect nfo files compared to 80% perfect in best case and completely disastrous in worst case.
(2019-08-31, 05:50)WickyKD Wrote: 2) From Kodi, I use the Indigo Addon to delete the Kodi cache and thumbnails
That is a shame as that breaches our Forum Rules for Banned Add-ons (wiki). Unfortunatly cannot assist any further until they are removed. But you pretty much have all your answers now. Just remember for next time.  
Thanks for pointing this out. I am interested in knowing how to clear Kodi cache only and Indigo came up as a recomendation. It is my only use for it. I will remove it and look for other waya to do this. Do you have any recomendations how to do this either with a utility that does not break the forum rules or via a manaul procedure ?
What Kodi cache are you trying to clear? Which operating system are you using? I have never, ever, ever cleared a "Kodi cache". The closest I come to that is a new install at major version releases.

Explain what you are clearing, and why you think it needs to be cleared. I can then provide advise.
My Signature
(2019-09-01, 05:51)Karellen Wrote: What Kodi cache are you trying to clear? Which operating system are you using? I have never, ever, ever cleared a "Kodi cache". The closest I come to that is a new install at major version releases.

Explain what you are clearing, and why you think it needs to be cleared. I can then provide advise.

There have been occasions were the correct artwork / info has not displayed correctly after significant changes made to NFO / artwork. (Kodi is remembering and displaying the previous values/artwork.)
Thus the cache I am interested in is that related to re-scanning media NFO/artwork and not relying on "remembering" anything to do with the media.

When I encountered this the first time this I searched for solution and clearing the cache and thumbnails was suggested to be the answer in similar situations.
Hence this is directly how I came to install Indigo and use its Maintenance Tools section.
I used it to clear what it calls "cache" and "thumbnails" and it solved my issue. 
Clearing cache and thumbnails (after stopping kodi / renaming the db / starting Kodi) and before I rescan 100's titles works fine for me without such issues.

In general I think knowing how to reset your applications cache is a good tool in troubleshooting / eliminating possible issues when something strange happens. (Like in Web browsers too)
I am sure there are many forms of cache fior different features and I would like to understand this further.

Are there any utils for similar function (or a manual procedure via ssh) that I can use to achieve the same maintenace task and not be in breach of forum rules for add-ons ?

Regards
Wicky
(2019-09-02, 06:07)WickyKD Wrote: There have been occasions were the correct artwork / info has not displayed correctly after significant changes made to NFO / artwork. (Kodi is remembering and displaying the previous values/artwork.)
Yes, that is the 24 hour cache hold-over. When you view an image the cache won't be rechecked for another 24 hours (assuming this is the first view in over 24 hours). You can view the image as many times as you want, try to update it but nothing will happen until that 24 hour timer reaches zero. Actually I find that useful in most cases, because I can just drop in some new artwork to replace the existing local artwork. Check it tomorrow and it is all loaded without having to do anything. Works great with episode artwork which can be of questionable quality a lot of times. When I do need to change artwork immediately, I just change the "Last Checked" date in the database.

You don't need banned addons to do what you can do in a few seconds. Read section 6 here... https://kodi.wiki/view/Artwork/Cache#Adv...tures13.db

If you are using Windows, then set up a Portable Install and use it as your dirty testing installation, that way your main Kodi setup is always "perfect"... https://kodi.wiki/view/HOW-TO:Install_Ko...table_Mode
My Signature

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Setting the Defaults for the Set Content Window when initially scaping a source0