• 12(current)
Linux ODROID N2+ - AMLogic S922X board from Hardkernel
Thanks... got the A2. You were right; very responsive, as good as the Amazon voice BT remote I was using. But, with added benefit of full keyboard on back.
(2019-08-30, 15:21)hdmkv Wrote: Thanks... got the A2. You were right; very responsive, as good as the Amazon voice BT remote I was using. But, with added benefit of full keyboard on back.

But it's IR instead of Bluetooth?
Yes, via a USB dongle. Also, the airmouse functionality is another bonus.
(2019-08-30, 15:40)lightsout Wrote:
(2019-08-30, 15:21)hdmkv Wrote: Thanks... got the A2. You were right; very responsive, as good as the Amazon voice BT remote I was using. But, with added benefit of full keyboard on back.

The remote is IR+RF. The IR is for power on and off control, the main HTPC control for navigation is RF (2.4GHz) to a USB RF receiver, not IR.  Not Bluetooth, but similar.  (A bit like RF keyboards that aren't Bluetooth)
(2019-08-30, 23:34)noggin Wrote:
(2019-08-30, 15:40)lightsout Wrote:

The remote is IR+RF. The IR is for power on and off control, the main HTPC control for navigation is RF (2.4GHz) to a USB RF receiver, not IR.  Not Bluetooth, but similar.  (A bit like RF keyboards that aren't Bluetooth) 

Oh ok, well thats better than IR. I may have to snag one. I threw in a little $5 IR remote with my device just for setting up, don't expect much from it. But just wanted to have something for now besides my Harmony.
I do not have a HDR10+ TV to test with but I've been told that AMLogic's Android Pie 9.0 has HDR10+ support.

For those that can test flash an Android TV Pie image from THIS (click) thread.

Cannot quite remember but I may have had issue during initial setup with Android when using a 4K HDMI connected display. Had to use a 1080p one.
Was fine after I played around in Android TV > Display settings.

(2019-08-31, 10:16)wrxtasy Wrote: I do not have a HDR10+ TV to test with but I've been told that AMLogic's Android Pie 9.0 has HDR10+ support.

Cannot quite remember but I may have had issue during initial setup with Android when using a 4K HDMI connected display. Had to use a 1080p one.

I plan on flashing this build when I get my device. Seems to be the go to version of Android TV.

Do you have any limitations as far as apps go? I understand that Netflix won't support HD

But curious about the resolution other streaming apps play at.

And also the availability or lack thereof of apps on the play store. Sometimes Google likes to not allow certain devices to install certain apps.
(2019-08-31, 18:14)lightsout Wrote:
(2019-08-31, 10:16)wrxtasy Wrote: I do not have a HDR10+ TV to test with but I've been told that AMLogic's Android Pie 9.0 has HDR10+ support.

I plan on flashing this build when I get my device. Seems to be the go to version of Android TV.

Do you have any limitations as far as apps go? I understand that Netflix won't support HD

Android Netflix will not even be available in the Google PlayStore on uncertified Android devices.
The Android Kodi Leia ATV Netflix Addon is not working for me either with the above linked ATV ROM. Works fine with CoreELEC.

Quote:But curious about the resolution other streaming apps play at.

I doubt any video streaming Apps that require any sort of Widevine L1 DRM or Microsoft Playready will work at all, if they do streaming will be SD only.

I do have my local subscription IPTV - Kayo sports App streaming in high quality 1080p h264 Smile
I don't think it uses DRM.
YouTube is 4K (HDR).

Quote:And also the availability or lack thereof of apps on the play store. Sometimes Google likes to not allow certain devices to install certain apps.

Google have changed their stance on 3rd party Android ROM's for usage with the Play Store - all you have to do now is register your uncertified device with them and the Play Store works normally:

See HERE

What I am impressed with is the snappiness of the above linked ATV Pie ROM, it's based on the LineageOS Android distribution (click).

(2019-09-02, 05:43)wrxtasy Wrote:
(2019-08-31, 18:14)lightsout Wrote:

Android Netflix will not even be available in the Google PlayStore on uncertified Android devices.
The Android Kodi Leia ATV Netflix Addon is not working for me either with the above linked ATV ROM. Works fine with CoreELEC.

Quote:But curious about the resolution other streaming apps play at.

I doubt any video streaming Apps that require any sort of Widevine L1 DRM or Microsoft Playready will work at all, if they do streaming will be SD only.

I do have my local subscription IPTV - Kayo sports App streaming in high quality 1080p h264 Smile
I don't think it uses DRM.
YouTube is 4K (HDR).

Quote:And also the availability or lack thereof of apps on the play store. Sometimes Google likes to not allow certain devices to install certain apps.

Google have changed their stance on 3rd party Android ROM's for usage with the Play Store - all you have to do now is register your uncertified device with them and the Play Store works normally:

See HERE

What I am impressed with is the snappiness of the above linked ATV Pie ROM, it's based on the LineageOS Android distribution (click).

Great man thanks for the info. I think I will be mainly using the device for Coreelec.

The Android side will be more just to play around so that's fine.
Well after fiddling with kodi on a HP micro server gen 8, converted that into a Xigmanas and bought a wetek hub (amlogic 905) for 29,- on amazon.
put coreelec on it woow. way better. nice media catalog using smb from the xigmanas, but that 4.8gb free on the wetek is killing me.
found this odriod thing. put it in shapping card, removed it, next day put it back in, removed it (you know how it goes its another 160,-)
Reading the forums some more, i think what the hell just order it.
Odriod n2 4gb, sd/emmc writer, power brick, 32gb eMMC with linux, black case.
Ordered it and its on its way, should get it tomorrow Tongue
i just NEED to have it... now i need to sell that wetek hub thing to my neighbor Tongue
I have CoreElec installed on my N2’s emmc and would like to now use LibreElec builds.

What’s the easiest way to do this as I read somewhere CoreElec uses a non compatible boot method?
(2019-09-03, 03:58)HomerJau Wrote: I have CoreElec installed on my N2’s emmc and would like to now use LibreElec builds.

What’s the easiest way to do this as I read somewhere CoreElec uses a non compatible boot method?
Did you think of asking for a proper solution on LibreElec forum ?

With N2 there shouldn't be any problem if you boot it with only one media device. Burn the LE image either on uSD card or eMMC and boot it with only that media.

N2 is not a box but a SBC with removable eMMC, so you cannot brick it or damage existing OS in any way...
Got my N2 today and I already love it.
It's feels so much faster and more snappy than the RPI4, but that is of course due to Kodi being in very early Alpha on the RPI.
So Ameridroid and Hardkernel are offering a package deal for the N2:

https://ameridroid.com/products/odroid-n...ec-edition

I have been holding off but that convinced me to get one and a 16GB eMMC to go with it.

(2019-09-04, 20:29)poofyhairguy Wrote: So Ameridroid and Hardkernel are offering a package deal for the N2:

https://ameridroid.com/products/odroid-n...ec-edition

I have been holding off but that convinced me to get one and a 16GB eMMC to go with it.
I also ordered. Good price and will sell my Minix  to my neighbor but keep remote.  Smile
  • 12(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
ODROID N2+ - AMLogic S922X board from Hardkernel4