• 154(current)
MediaElch - MediaManager for Mac/Linux/Win (with music library scraping)
I want to export my watched status on one computer and import it on another but I can't do that now due to incompatible nfo files.
This seems to be fixed since you have added the uniqueid tags in the nightly builds.
However you have also added several other tags (or at least talked about adding them) that I'm a bit concerned about.

1 . Dateadded
Kodi by default use the modified date of the file and not the actual date of when you added the file to the library and I would like to keep it this way.
To somehow choose between current date or the modified date of the file would be nice (or to simply choose to not have the dateadded tag written to the nfo's at all and just let Kodi handle it).
Why? Well if I rescrape all the nfo files today in order to get the uniqueid tag MediaElch would also write the current date for the dateadded tag right? I would rather not have my entire movie and tv collection to have the same dateadded tag since then I wouldn't be able to sort by date.

2. Playcount 
How is this going to be maintained? If I watch a tv episode in Kodi how is the nfo file going to be updated? If its not updated then I can't refresh a show and re-read the nfo files without losing the watched status right? It doesn't really seem like this tag belongs in nfo files created by MediaElch.
(2019-08-18, 12:41)hewwra Wrote: 1 . Dateadded
Kodi by default use the modified date of the file and not the actual date of when you added the file to the library and I would like to keep it this way.
To somehow choose between current date or the modified date of the file would be nice (or to simply choose to not have the dateadded tag written to the nfo's at all and just let Kodi handle it).
Why? Well if I rescrape all the nfo files today in order to get the uniqueid tag MediaElch would also write the current date for the dateadded tag right? I would rather not have my entire movie and tv collection to have the same dateadded tag since then I wouldn't be able to sort by date.

Hi there,
MediaElch (at the moment) only scrapes that tag from existing NFO files and doesn't change the value. That may change in the future (and I will keep your comments in mind). :-)

Quote: 
2. Playcount 
How is this going to be maintained? If I watch a tv episode in Kodi how is the nfo file going to be updated? If its not updated then I can't refresh a show and re-read the nfo files without losing the watched status right? It doesn't really seem like this tag belongs in nfo files created by MediaElch.
That's an issue that I was wondering about as well. :-)
Though I have never used that feature and still have to test it, MediaElch supports synchronizing movie's playcount with Kodi. See https://mediaelch.github.io/mediaelch-do...light=sync

Regards,
Andre
(2019-08-18, 13:04)bugwelle Wrote:
(2019-08-18, 12:41)hewwra Wrote: 1 . Dateadded

Hi there,
MediaElch (at the moment) only scrapes that tag from existing NFO files and doesn't change the value. That may change in the future (and I will keep your comments in mind). :-)

Quote:2. Playcount 
That's an issue that I was wondering about as well. :-)
Though I have never used that feature and still have to test it, MediaElch supports synchronizing movie's playcount with Kodi. See https://mediaelch.github.io/mediaelch-do...light=sync

Regards,
Andre  
Alright, sounds good although I'm pretty sure that the MediaElch synchronizing is a one way street that only leads into Kodi and not out of it.

Are the nightlies 100% compatible with regards to uniqueid in TV shows & Movies or should I wait until you do an official release?
What is the best way to update everything with an uniqueid, I don't need to update anything else.
(2019-08-18, 18:28)hewwra Wrote: Alright, sounds good although I'm pretty sure that the MediaElch synchronizing is a one way street that only leads into Kodi and not out of it.

Are the nightlies 100% compatible with regards to uniqueid in TV shows & Movies or should I wait until you do an official release?
What is the best way to update everything with an uniqueid, I don't need to update anything else. 
No, it's not a one-way-street Smile
playcount and lastplayed are pulled from Kodi, see https://github.com/Komet/MediaElch/blob/...c.cpp#L553

The state of Kodi v17/v18 NFO compatibility is tracked in this issue: https://github.com/Komet/MediaElch/issues/719
Movies and TV shows should now be compatible. You need to set Kodi's version in MediaElch's settings to use the new format, though.
MediaElch will still be able to read old NFO versions but will write the new format if v17/v18 is selected. There are a few differences between the NFOs generated by Kodi and MediaElch. They are documented here: https://github.com/Komet/MediaElch/blob/.../README.md

I would wait a few weeks. I plan on releasing a new MediaElch version in September (no promises though).

Regards,
Andre
(2019-08-15, 19:58)bugwelle Wrote:
(2019-08-13, 21:54)crankyoldbugger Wrote: Hi Andre,

Thanks for getting back to me.  I actually tried several rips of Captain Marvel so I don't think it's the file itself.  As to your questions:

1. The name of the folder containing "Captain Marvel"
the same folder that Captain America is in: (servername)/Movies/Action

2. If possible, could you paste the movie's NFO file to https://paste.kodi.tv and post the URL here? Maybe MediaElch get's confused...
https://paste.kodi.tv/jogiwukeve

3. MediaElch version (e.g. 2.6.0 oder 2.6.1-dev)
MediaElch 2.6.0

Thanks for your help.

Jeff
Hi,

thanks. I wasn't able to reproduce this issue.
My best guess is that MediaElch's database is in an inconsistent state or has somehow been messed up. That shouldn't happen, so this is just a assumption.
Could you delete MediaElch.sqlite in MediaElch's cache folder and try again? (see docs)
That won't delete any settings but you need to reload all entries.

Or, before you do that: What does MediaElch tell you when you do a dry run? Smile

Regards,
Andre 
If I just do dry run without any editing beforehand, I get:

Movie "Captain America" has been edited but is not saved
Finished

I'll nuke the DB and start over from scratch.  I think that you're on the right track with thinking it's the DB.
(2019-08-20, 03:50)crankyoldbugger Wrote:
(2019-08-15, 19:58)bugwelle Wrote:
(2019-08-13, 21:54)crankyoldbugger Wrote: Hi Andre,

Thanks for getting back to me.  I actually tried several rips of Captain Marvel so I don't think it's the file itself.  As to your questions:

1. The name of the folder containing "Captain Marvel"
the same folder that Captain America is in: (servername)/Movies/Action

2. If possible, could you paste the movie's NFO file to https://paste.kodi.tv and post the URL here? Maybe MediaElch get's confused...
https://paste.kodi.tv/jogiwukeve

3. MediaElch version (e.g. 2.6.0 oder 2.6.1-dev)
MediaElch 2.6.0

Thanks for your help.

Jeff
Hi,

thanks. I wasn't able to reproduce this issue.
My best guess is that MediaElch's database is in an inconsistent state or has somehow been messed up. That shouldn't happen, so this is just a assumption.
Could you delete MediaElch.sqlite in MediaElch's cache folder and try again? (see docs)
That won't delete any settings but you need to reload all entries.

Or, before you do that: What does MediaElch tell you when you do a dry run? Smile

Regards,
Andre   
If I just do dry run without any editing beforehand, I get:

Movie "Captain America" has been edited but is not saved
Finished

I'll nuke the DB and start over from scratch.  I think that you're on the right track with thinking it's the DB.  

Well I completely wiped the two folders listed in the docs:

~/.config/kvibes/
~/.local/share/kvibes/

All of my movies disappeared from MediaElch, along with my settings, which I recreated.

Yet Captain Marvel still insists that she's Captain America..  Even if I pull down the data for Captain Marvel, and it says Captain Marvel in the program's "Information" screen, it saves the files as "Ca-*.*"  It's very puzzling, to say the least.
hi everyone,

there is a way to choose witch artwork download ? 
i not need logo or fanart in my movie folder.

(MediaElch 2.6.0)

Thank you ^^
(2019-08-22, 05:19)crankyoldbugger Wrote: Well I completely wiped the two folders listed in the docs:

~/.config/kvibes/
~/.local/share/kvibes/

All of my movies disappeared from MediaElch, along with my settings, which I recreated.

Yet Captain Marvel still insists that she's Captain America..  Even if I pull down the data for Captain Marvel, and it says Captain Marvel in the program's "Information" screen, it saves the files as "Ca-*.*"  It's very puzzling, to say the least. 
That's extremely strange. I'll come back to this issue next week. I'm busy right now and can't debug this issue at the moment. Undecided

@panda78 
Yes. When you scrape a movie a dialog pops up. There you can de-select "poster" and other images.

Regards,
Andre
Hello,

two questions:

1. is it possible to create an NFO without any URL? I want to use Mediaelch to administrate all my content and export the .nfo / pictures and all our kodis in our house have "local Information" set as source. But why is there always a URL to Amazon, imdb, tvdb and so on...those links are not permanent and makes it really difficult to maintain.

2. I am trying the 2.6 versions and I am unable to Export any .nfo. JPGs and PNGs work fine, just NFOs wont work. For example I have a Folder with "13. reasons.why" with proper filename. It detects it correctly and only writes .nfos für Season 3 and not season 1 episodes  & Season 2 episodes   or tvshow.nfo . What could be the Problem? I am not getting any error message.
(2019-09-03, 11:01)DVDRick Wrote: 1. is it possible to create an NFO without any URL? I want to use Mediaelch to administrate all my content and export the .nfo / pictures and all our kodis in our house have "local Information" set as source. But why is there always a URL to Amazon, imdb, tvdb and so on...those links are not permanent and makes it really difficult to maintain.

2. I am trying the 2.6 versions and I am unable to Export any .nfo. JPGs and PNGs work fine, just NFOs wont work. For example I have a Folder with "13. reasons.why" with proper filename. It detects it correctly and only writes .nfos für Season 3 and not season 1 episodes  & Season 2 episodes   or tvshow.nfo . What could be the Problem? I am not getting any error message.

1. As far as I can tell, Kodi expects this: https://kodi.wiki/view/NFO_files/Movies#Sample_nfo
 But to be honest: I never thought about this. I started developing for MediaElch about a year ago and I never checked how and why it is used. 
I've opened an issue on GitHub so that I don't forget about this: https://github.com/Komet/MediaElch/issues/778

2. MediaElch is very quiet in regards to error messages at the moment...
I don't know of any error in v2.6 that could cause this. Could you give us some more details like the file and folder structure? For example:

Code:
shows
 |- 13.reasons.why
    |- Season.01
       |- S01.E01.Name.mov
       |- S01.E02.Name.mov
    |- Season.02
       |- S02.E01.Name.mov

Are you German (because of "für")? :-)
If so, you can also send me a private message in German if you're more comfortable with that (or don't want to share your folder structure publicly).

Regards,
Andre
Hello burgwelle,

thanks for the fast reply.

yes I am a german guy :-) , will message you the details, thanks

here some general Information:
for example the exported .nfo contains:
<actor>
    <name>Dylan Minnette</name>
    <role>Clay Jensen</role>
    <order>0</order>
    <thumb>http://thetvdb.com/banners/actors/413675.jpg</thumb>
    <tvdbid>413675</tvdbid>

why the URL? the scrapper already downloaded the actors Dylan_Minnette.jpg in the actors subfolder but the nfo redirects to thetvdb.com . This generates alot of unnecessary traffic to thetvdb, correct me if I´m wrong. the .nfo should look like this after export:

<actor>
    <name>Dylan Minnette</name>
    <role>Clay Jensen</role>
    <order>0</order>
    <thumb>.actors\Dylan_Minnette.jpg</thumb>
    <tvdbid>413675</tvdbid>

--

for path:

example:

\\IP-ADDRESS\SERIEN\13.Reasons.why
    |- 13 Reasons Why.S01.E01.mov
    |- 13 Reasons Why.S01.E02.mov
    |- 13 Reasons Why.S02.E01.mov
    |- 13 Reasons Why.S02.E02.mov
    |- 13 Reasons Why.S03.E01.mov
    |- 13 Reasons Why.S03.E02.mov

no seperate folders for each season
(2019-09-03, 11:53)DVDRick Wrote: but the nfo redirects to thetvdb.com
How do you know?
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
Artwork fetching is done this way (@Karellen knows this, because he contributed to the artwork wiki):
  1. Local artwork files
  2. URL links from nfo
  3. Online scraper
But you should never write local file paths inside the nfo!
(2019-09-03, 15:29)puenktchen Wrote: But you should never write local file paths inside the nfo!
https://kodi.wiki/view/Artwork is detailed, thanks!
MediaElch does not write local paths anywhere. That would be a nightmare to keep track of.

I'll look more into this next week. Smile
I have a question/request in regards to the Concerts section.

Currently, the only scraper for this section is "The Movie DB (Concerts)". This is fine, if your concerts are actually available from this source. However, I use the Concerts section to host Music Videos (like the old MTV - just short 5 min or less, Music videos). But this scraper doesn't do anything for them.

Would it be possible to add a secondary (alternative scraper) for Concerts, that would work with Music Videos, like TheAudioDB.com. Check out this thread for some details on this (and what kind of Music Videos I'm taking about).
https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=336828

Should be easy right? After all you have "The Movie DB" or "IMDB" for the Movies Scraper, and "The TV DB" or "IMDB" for the TV Scraper. So how about adding "TheAudioDB" for Concerts, in addition to "The Movie DB (Concerts)".
  • 154(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
MediaElch - MediaManager for Mac/Linux/Win (with music library scraping)9