Solved Kodi crashes just after a video launch
Hi, i've just installed kodi 18.4 on my new computer and each time a launch a video, kodi crashes.
Can you help me with the troubleshooting (Maybe i'm not posting on the right forum). Which information should i provide ?

(I've already tryied to put the logs in a more verbose way... disabled gsync out of ideas without luck)
To receive meaningful assistance you will need to provide a full debug log.

The instructions are here... debug log (wiki)

If you are using the Basic Method, then ensure the following is applied...
1.Enable debugging in Settings>System Settings>Logging,
2.Restart Kodi
3.Replicate the problem.
4.Upload the log to Kodi Paste Site manually or use the Kodi Logfile Uploader. (wiki) With either method post the link to the log back here.

If you are using the Advanced Method ensure you have correctly created and applied the advancedsettings.xml file (wiki)

In both instances, you should see the word DEBUG throughout the log.

Note: Full logs only. No partial or redacted logs
Do NOT post your logs directly into the forum. Use the Kodi Paste Site. Post the link to your pasted log in the forum
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
Hello Karellen and thank you for your quick answer,

here is the link to my log https://paste.kodi.tv/icoyivivaz.kodi

If it can help, here is a the detail of my conf :

Asus ROG STRIX X570 e-Gaming
Ryzen x3900
2*16Go DDR4 @3600
GTX 2080 Ti
acer predator z35p
Seems to be an audio problem. What do you have Kodi plugged into- an AVR or TV or monitor?

You are using DirectSound. Change your audio settings to WASAPI and try again... https://kodi.wiki/view/Settings/System/Audio Lets see if that fixes it.
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
(2019-09-04, 23:37)Karellen Wrote: Seems to be an audio problem. What do you have Kodi plugged into- an AVR or TV or monitor?

You are using DirectSound. Change your audio settings to WASAPI and try again... https://kodi.wiki/view/Settings/System/Audio Lets see if that fixes it.

(At work at present, i'll try that this evening). Audio does like this => Nvidia Card => DisplayPort => Monitor. But i also have an HDMI plugged to my AVR. Have tried few things related to video, didn't think of audio related problems. It gives me something to find out what's wrong (i'll try first to unplug the connection to the AVR before switching DirectSound to WASAPI, but i'll keep you posted of my tries)

Thank you
(2019-09-05, 10:03)naboo Wrote: But i also have an HDMI plugged to my AVR
Ok, I don't see that in your log. It is possible that it is not set up correctly?
You are using the DirectSound version of this... Output Device : default
Whereas I would expect to see the WASAPI version of something like this... Output Device : HDMI - DENON-AVRHD (Intel® Display Audio) (from my log)

Make sure your Windows audio drivers are correctly set up and correctly selected in Kodi settings...
And use WASAPI in Kodi!!!

My Signature
(2019-09-05, 10:22)Karellen Wrote:
(2019-09-05, 10:03)naboo Wrote: But i also have an HDMI plugged to my AVR
Ok, I don't see that in your log. It is possible that it is not set up correctly?
You are using the DirectSound version of this... Output Device : default
Whereas I would expect to see the WASAPI version of something like this... Output Device : HDMI - DENON-AVRHD (Intel® Display Audio) (from my log)

Make sure your Windows audio drivers are correctly set up and correctly selected in Kodi settings...
And use WASAPI in Kodi!!!

Switched to WASAPI : Correct Output. 

It works ! 

Thank you so much ! (Didn't know about how WASAPI must be the prefered in most cases, usually i use passthrough so i don't care of it Smile )
Great. I will mark this solved.
My Signature

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kodi crashes just after a video launch0