• 13(current)
Linux ODROID N2+ - AMLogic S922X board from Hardkernel
(2019-09-04, 20:29)poofyhairguy Wrote: So Ameridroid and Hardkernel are offering a package deal for the N2:

https://ameridroid.com/products/odroid-n...ec-edition

I have been holding off but that convinced me to get one and a 16GB eMMC to go with it.

Me too, they said they are hoping to ship next week. Looking forward to doing some testing/flashing.
My n2 is in. re flashed the linux 32gb emmc with coreelec up and running in 2 minutes, connected an xbox tv tuner, another 2 minutes.
Works like magic.
maybe its me. but the sound out of this thing is WAY better then my wetek hub, way more details and sound better to.
4k 10k HDR and this thing is still half asleep.
Must be me. its digital right... how can it sound way better, is it the DAC in that odriod n2 thing ?
(2019-09-05, 01:50)breadmix Wrote: My n2 is in. re flashed the linux 32gb emmc with coreelec up and running in 2 minutes, connected an xbox tv tuner, another 2 minutes.
Works like magic.
maybe its me. but the sound out of this thing is WAY better then my wetek hub, way more details and sound better to.

Placebo effect if using passthru. Their might be higher quality audio resampling if simply outputting 2.0 PCM.
(I set it to High anyway in Kodi audio settings)

Passthru digital audio is well passthru- nothing is resampled, it's your audio receiver that will do the audio decoding in that case.

Quote:Must be me. its digital right... how can it sound way better, is it the DAC in that odriod n2 thing ?

DAC = Digital (to) Analog Convertor - nothing to do with passthru audio. Such analog audio will be output thru the front 3.5mm analog audio jack.

For a $60 N2 board, I am impressed with the sound quality coming from the onboard DAC.
The Volumio OS image found over on the HK forums is fun to play with too Smile

(2019-09-05, 03:53)wrxtasy Wrote:
(2019-09-05, 01:50)breadmix Wrote: My n2 is in. re flashed the linux 32gb emmc with coreelec up and running in 2 minutes, connected an xbox tv tuner, another 2 minutes.
Works like magic.

Placebo effect if using passthru. Their might be higher quality audio resampling if simply outputting 2.0 PCM.
(I set it to High anyway in Kodi audio settings)

Passthru digital audio is well passthru- nothing is resampled, it's your audio receiver that will do the audio decoding in that case.

Quote:Must be me. its digital right... how can it sound way better, is it the DAC in that odriod n2 thing ?

DAC = Digital (to) Analog Convertor - nothing to do with passthru audio. Such analog audio will be output thru the front 3.5mm analog audio jack.

For a $60 N2 board, I am impressed with the sound quality coming from the onboard DAC.
The Volumio OS image found over on the HK forums is fun to play with too Smile

Whoa that looks pretty cool. Thanks for the tip on that.
How is it working with 4:2:2 and 4:4:4 nowadays? I read in the hdr state of play thread that 4:2:2 is (was?) problematic.
Got my shipping notice from Ameridroid. Hopefully doesn't take long to Oregon.
(2019-09-06, 00:50)lightsout Wrote: Got my shipping notice from Ameridroid. Hopefully doesn't take long to Oregon.

Just out of curiousity; are there big differences in postal delivery times in the States?
(2019-09-06, 00:50)lightsout Wrote: Got my shipping notice from Ameridroid. Hopefully doesn't take long to Oregon.

Can I ask how long ago you ordered from Ameridroid?

I placed an order on September 3rd, so trying to gauge how long I'll need to wait.
(2019-09-07, 19:31)feerlessleadr Wrote:

Can I ask how long ago you ordered from Ameridroid?

I placed an order on September 3rd, so trying to gauge how long I'll need to wait. 
I placed mine on the 4th and have not received a shipping date.
The CoreElec edition of the N2 is tempting, but does the Logitech Harmony remote work with the N2? My Harmony works with the C2 just fine.
(2019-09-07, 22:17)SilverBlade Wrote: The CoreElec edition of the N2 is tempting, but does the Logitech Harmony remote work with the N2? My Harmony works with the C2 just fine.

I use my Harmony Elite with my N2 via BT, works perfectly. Can't speak to IR since it's 2019 and I prefer a more responsive remote =P
(2019-09-07, 22:28)Matt Devo Wrote:
(2019-09-07, 22:17)SilverBlade Wrote: The CoreElec edition of the N2 is tempting, but does the Logitech Harmony remote work with the N2? My Harmony works with the C2 just fine.

I use my Harmony Elite with my N2 via BT, works perfectly. Can't speak to IR since it's 2019 and I prefer a more responsive remote =P 

I have the Harmony One and the Harmony Hub, and the Hub control the PS3, which is BT only, so it should be able to work with the N2. So how do I get it to work? The N2 isn't in the Harmony database
(2019-09-07, 23:08)SilverBlade Wrote: I have the Harmony One and the Harmony Hub, and the Hub control the PS3, which is BT only, so it should be able to work with the N2. So how do I get it to work? The N2 isn't in the Harmony database 

mine is set up as 'Microsoft Kodi' from when I was using it with a Chromebox. Didn't have to change anything moving to the N2 other than re-pairing it
Can anyone check alita:battle angel 4K version to see if hdr gets activated. I have tried the full disc mkv rip with no success only time is when map sdr to hdr is turned on. I have tried stable and nightly builds same result. Most of the other 4K movies I have tried no problems. My setup lg oled e7p and denon receiver in between even bypassing reciever same result works perfectly on the tv with emby and apple box.thanks in advance .. found the problem hdr10 plus disk
(2019-09-08, 02:28)bdreams Wrote: Can anyone check alita:battle angel 4K version to see if hdr gets activated. I have tried the full disc mkv rip with no success only time is when map sdr to hdr is turned on. I have tried stable and nightly builds same result. Most of the other 4K movies I have tried no problems. My setup lg oled e7p and denon receiver in between even bypassing reciever same result works perfectly on the tv with emby and apple box.thanks in advance .. found the problem hdr10 plus disk

There is a bug in the 4.9 kernel that prevents it outputting HDR when you play something that is HDR10+. for example alita battle angel and Godzilla king of monsters.

Apparently it’s been worked on, but it’s been like it for a number of weeks and it’s probably low on the list of fixes. Given the amount of titles it affects.
  • 13(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
ODROID N2+ - AMLogic S922X board from Hardkernel4