• 25(current)
Release Kodi Matrix 19.0 HDR Edition
had a small compare and not a lot of it made sence but again everything it needs seems to be there

formated again and still no dice, java works with 2.2b and the latest VLC as just tested that but 2.3/5 is just a no go, do you know which debug option i can use to get more info as only thing i can get in a log is failed to load java vm

cannot find anything special on my laptops config nothing different in registry and system variables
Give me some time. I'm still at the airbnb and I'll be home Friday.
I intend to work with AMD and I hope to fix the colors for dxva on It.

Also I want to do a build with everything updated but I need my computer to do so.

The libs part is hard to document the changes and most of the time I don't do it because it's not part of the code that goes into GitHub it's just precompiled libs and dlls.

Just wait a little longer, I intend to release at least the updated libs build till Sunday night.
Hey orby try getting this pack and extracting into your Kodi install folder and overwritten every single file it asks:

https://mega.nz/#!PEF3kSJR!912io3wKm9M3n...qO4YnhMlQU
fandangos, if I may, be careful in pacing yourself. Kodi userbase is a demanding one. You need to set boundaries. I commend you for wanting to help everybody ASAP but... just be careful in not burning yourself out.

I don't want to sound like a "know it all", it's just a friendly (and interested) advice. Let's say I would hate to see a reapeat of what happened with aracnoz for DSPlayer. Smile
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first (usually it's enough to follow instructions in the second post).
(2019-09-11, 22:09)ashlar Wrote: fandangos, if I may, be careful in pacing yourself. Kodi userbase is a demanding one. You need to set boundaries. I commend you for wanting to help everybody ASAP but... just be careful in not burning yourself out.

I don't want to sound like a "know it all", it's just a friendly (and interested) advice. Let's say I would hate to see a reapeat of what happened with aracnoz for DSPlayer. Smile

I totally understand your point.
That's one of the reasons I wanted to create a test suite, if this and this plays in this and that hardware, it's done.

Kodi is a very complex system and my code is just aimed to hdr pass through and libbluray upgrade.
As I've stated a few times here what I wanted to give the possibility to everybody is to have a complete Blu-ray and uhd Blu-ray player that supports HDR, not just 4k.
All this within the amazing using interface Kodi provides.

So once that is done I'll try to just keep it updated and fix some bugs that are related to my code.

One thing that is killing me is that chapter skip is broken. This is way outside my small area of knowledge so I feel like my hands are tied.
The chapter skip is a minor bug i’d Say, only time I chapter skip is when blasting scenes from different films when doing speaker calibrations and such, the main menu works fine and the skip delay from that is acceptable to me, you have done the hard part and most important part, even for me if I have to live on version 2.2b I’m fine with that, I can finally loose powerdvd

Maybe in the future kodi will get some libbluray loving down the line also, wish I could be better at coding also but I can tinker and work some easy stuff out for skins etc
Has anyone noticed video stutter in v19? I love this fork but can’t help but notice very subtle stutter every few seconds which is driving me mad. 18.4 seems fine.

My wife thinks I’m crazy. Perhaps I am?!
(2019-09-12, 01:38)Cinephile Wrote: Has anyone noticed video stutter in v19? I love this fork but can’t help but notice very subtle stutter every few seconds which is driving me mad. 18.4 seems fine.

It does, but not on all media -- I only noticed it on some of my personal BD remuxes. If I had more (any, at all, really) time to debug it I'd help track it down; as it was I downgraded for the time being. For what it's worth it doesn't seem to have anything to do with refresh rate settings, hw acceleration, and similar as was suggested elsewhere in the thread as those are common explanations for such behavior (nor is it an issue with Kodi <= 18). I don't have a 19 version installed (nor have I ever tried the non-HDR edition) so I'm afraid I'm not much help beyond confirming the issue.

I'd recommend you at least try a non-HDR build if you have the time using the same content you saw the stutter with just so they know if it's related to this build or not.
(2019-09-12, 02:00)garretn Wrote:
(2019-09-12, 01:38)Cinephile Wrote: Has anyone noticed video stutter in v19? I love this fork but can’t help but notice very subtle stutter every few seconds which is driving me mad. 18.4 seems fine.

It does, but not on all media -- I only noticed it on some of my personal BD remuxes. If I had more (any, at all, really) time to debug it I'd help track it down; as it was I downgraded for the time being. For what it's worth it doesn't seem to have anything to do with refresh rate settings, hw acceleration, and similar as was suggested elsewhere in the thread as those are common explanations for such behavior (nor is it an issue with Kodi <= 18). I don't have a 19 version installed (nor have I ever tried the non-HDR edition) so I'm afraid I'm not much help beyond confirming the issue.

I'd recommend you at least try a non-HDR build if you have the time using the same content you saw the stutter with just so they know if it's related to this build or not.

Interesting, thanks for confirming.

Out of curiosity, what build did you need to downgrade to for stutter-free playback?
Smile 

wife thinks your crazy, join the club lol
I was looking for something like this project offers for years now and I'm really happy that someone decided to do it. You have my thanks for that!

I'm using Kodi v18 with external player for hdr content right now. 
I usually use english srt subtitles for movies I watch (because guests can be loud, chips are crunchy and english is not my native language). 
In hdr mode white srt subtitles are too damn bright. But as I have an external player for hdr content anyways I could just set them to some grey colour, in only that player, which is perfect for normal hdr scenes and seem white without them burning into my retina. 
And I know that pgs subtitles that come with hdr blurays account for the hdr brightness in a similar way and would solve this problem too. But I can't move them under the picture and they are often ugly and you can't do anything about that so I prefere srt subtitles. 

I'd love to get away from my external player solution and use this kodi fork instead which seems neat. But I guess I would have the brightness problem with the subtitles again, because AFAIK you still can't select multiple subtitle colors/brightness for sdr and hdr content in Kodi? If thats still the case could this feature maybe be added to this fork?
I've seen a commit about this months ago about grey subtitles in Kodi.

I highly doubt that something this simple isn't possible with Kodi but I haven't test it myself.

I do use subtitles but English subtitles for English content. Often I can't understand what has been said and English isn't my native language either.

PGS subtitles can't be changed whatsoever but Kodi is really fast to download a replacement with tons of plugins to choose from.
So you can use srt subtitles 99% of the time.

And the best bet would be using grey subtitles with black borders.
A quick Google showed up this answer as a result:

Settings > player settings > language
Switch to expert mode.

This is the place to change subtitle colors, size and font. Not sure about placement.
Hi, I have an issue with the colors and I'm hoping someone can help. If I set:

Use limited colour range (0-16) ON, HDR is washed out and standard content works.

but, if I set:

Use limited colour range (0-16) OFF, HDR works and standard content appears suffers from black crush.

Any thoughts? How can I help trouble shoot? Post a kodi log?

Windows 10 Build 18362.356
nVidia 1030
HDR off in windows

Thanks for any suggestions.
(2019-09-13, 01:40)testmetest Wrote: Hi, I have an issue with the colors and I'm hoping someone can help. If I set:

Use limited colour range (0-16) ON, HDR is washed out and standard content works.

but, if I set:

Use limited colour range (0-16) OFF, HDR works and standard content appears suffers from black crush.

nVidia 1030
HDR off in windows

are u using a primary pc monitor? or secondary tv ?
if using secondary tv check has your tv got a limited/full setting?

i have limited turned off in kodi
hdr off within windows 10
limited turned on secondary tv setting
full range rgb on within nvidia

if ur watching on a primary pc monitor i would turn hrd on within windows 10. as ur other settings watching on pc monitor should be set to limited as i am aware.

my primary pc monitor is not hdr compatible so i always leave it off within windows 10.

my secondary tv is hdr compatible
(2019-09-13, 10:25)kikassridec2 Wrote:
(2019-09-13, 01:40)testmetest Wrote: Hi, I have an issue with the colors and I'm hoping someone can help. If I set:

but, if I set:

nVidia 1030
HDR off in windows

are u using a primary pc monitor? or secondary tv ?
if using secondary tv check has your tv got a limited/full setting?

i have limited turned off in kodi
hdr off within windows 10
limited turned on secondary tv setting
full range rgb on within nvidia

if ur watching on a primary pc monitor i would turn hrd on within windows 10. as ur other settings watching on pc monitor should be set to limited as i am aware.

my primary pc monitor is not hdr compatible so i always leave it off within windows 10.

my secondary tv is hdr compatible 

The whole point of this build is to not have windows 10 HDR turned on to watch videos.  But the other advice to make sure the tv settings are correctly set, "full range or black level high"
  • 25(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kodi Matrix 19.0 HDR Edition9