• 493(current)
Kodi DSPlayer – DirectShow Player for Windows
(2019-09-12, 09:17)oldpainless Wrote:
(2019-09-11, 22:23)ashlar Wrote:
(2019-09-11, 17:58)oldpainless Wrote: So, looks to me like no Dev is coming to the rescue with a new build - is that a fair assessment? If so, I have an idea....well, kinda.
What idea? I don't understand... 
Could try to crowdfund and use a cheap software dev company - no idea of the cost, but its one idea.
As I proposed this more than once, you can count me in. Smile
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first (usually it's enough to follow instructions in the second post).
Well, that makes 2 then....
LG OLED55BX6LB, Zidoo Z1000 Pro (ZDMC 20.2 Arctic Zephyr 2 Resurrection), Yamaha RX-A3060, Polk Signature Fronts & Centre, Wharfedale D300 Atmos surrounds, Heco Victa Prime Sub 252A, DSPeaker Antimode 8033 Cinema
Can you provide a sample clip of one of the files? Maybe they are bad rips? Maybe you need to change video drivers?
Hello !
I am a French speaking Canadian, so I am writing to you by google translate ...

I need your help, it's been a week that I'm trying to solve my problem with my setup (dsplayer / madvr / lavfilter)
everything works fine with my mkv files but none of my bluray rip in bdmv structure work, when i start these files, dsplayer does nothing !!

modify my bdmv in mkv is a solution but I have more than 2000 titles on my server, so I do not want this optionWink

setup:  dsplayer 17.6 - lavfilter 074.1 - last madvr

thank you very much in advance !

Tony
Hello... haven't posted in a while. Have added several DVD's to my movie library recently and am having a problem when playing them with DSPlayer switching to 23/24p. The display modes I have listed in madvr for my Samsung TV are (1080p23, 1080p24, 1080p59, 1080p60). When I play any of the titles with VideoPlayer my display auto switches to 24p, but when playing with DSPlayer they play at 60p.

I've followed the SAMPLE SETTINGS PROFILES & PROFILE RULES for the more "fleshed-out" set of profiles in madvr here https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid...pid2238977. I get green check marks for all profiles so I'm assuming everything is good. Is there a setting/resolution in madvr I'm missing or need to enable/disable other than the resolutions mentioned to get the DVD's to play at 24p?

TIA for any help/suggestions anyone can provide!
Does anybody know of an audio compressor that I could insert into the audio chain that is designed to work well with movies? Regular studio compressors always suffer from the problem that their release times are too short and it is difficult to sidechain them properly in a multichannel setup.

My problem is that I am exporting 8 channels from kodi via netjack into a linux machine that does FIR filtering (convolution) for all my speakers and I'm currently routing all the channels through a DAW software that of course only has regular compressors designed for stereo audio. What I would need is something that does what MadVR does with tonemapping: Magically reading hints and figuring what will happen in the future of the scene and setting the level accordingly.

Been looking for something like that for ages...
(2019-09-20, 00:19)goofer69 Wrote: Hello... haven't posted in a while. Have added several DVD's to my movie library recently and am having a problem when playing them with DSPlayer switching to 23/24p. The display modes I have listed in madvr for my Samsung TV are (1080p23, 1080p24, 1080p59, 1080p60). When I play any of the titles with VideoPlayer my display auto switches to 24p, but when playing with DSPlayer they play at 60p.

I've followed the SAMPLE SETTINGS PROFILES & PROFILE RULES for the more "fleshed-out" set of profiles in madvr here https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid...pid2238977. I get green check marks for all profiles so I'm assuming everything is good. Is there a setting/resolution in madvr I'm missing or need to enable/disable other than the resolutions mentioned to get the DVD's to play at 24p?

in madVR configuration have you configured your display so that madVR it's allowed to make the switch?
Also, in Kodi, under Settings/Player/Videos how did you configure under "Adjust display refresh rate - Enable with player"?

These are the only two things that come to my mind to check.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first (usually it's enough to follow instructions in the second post).
(2019-09-20, 00:39)ashlar Wrote:
(2019-09-20, 00:19)goofer69 Wrote: Hello... haven't posted in a while. Have added several DVD's to my movie library recently and am having a problem when playing them with DSPlayer switching to 23/24p. The display modes I have listed in madvr for my Samsung TV are (1080p23, 1080p24, 1080p59, 1080p60). When I play any of the titles with VideoPlayer my display auto switches to 24p, but when playing with DSPlayer they play at 60p.

in madVR configuration have you configured your display so that madVR it's allowed to make the switch?
Also, in Kodi, under Settings/Player/Videos how did you configure under "Adjust display refresh rate - Enable with player"?

These are the only two things that come to my mind to check.             
Thanks for your reply...

Yes to your first question as mentioned in my post above... The display modes I have listed in madvr display properties for my Samsung TV are 1080p23, 1080p24, 1080p59, 1080p60.
Also Yes to your second question, I have "Adjust display refresh rate=On Start/Stop" and "Enable w/player=VideoPlayer". I've tried it with DSPlayer alone and it doesn't switch.

This is just w/DVD's and DSPlayer, it switches correctly w/DSPlayer to 24p when playing bluray's, just not DVD's. I don't get it? What is VideoPlayer reading that DSPlayer/madvr doesn't/isn't?

DVD's are 29.97 fps telecined, so you need to deinterlace them with film-based deinterlacing (IVTC) to get back to 24p.

To accomplish this, you must use DXVA2 (copy-back) video decoding and enable deinterlacing and automatic source detection in madVR.
(2019-09-20, 00:16)DonAnthony Wrote: Hello !

I need your help, it's been a week that I'm trying to solve my problem with my setup (dsplayer / madvr / lavfilter)
everything works fine with my mkv files but none of my bluray rip in bdmv structure work, when i start these files, dsplayer does nothing !!

modify my bdmv in mkv is a solution but I have more than 2000 titles on my server, so I do not want this optionWink

Tony

DSPlayer doesn't play nice with BDMV folders. Try JRiver Media Center or MPC-BE as an external player.
(2019-09-20, 04:32)Warner306 Wrote: DSPlayer doesn't play nice with BDMV folders. Try JRiver Media Center or MPC-BE as an external player. 

merci Warner !
i read here someone who was able to read his bdmv with dsplayer so i try my luck tooWink

you know this error ?

00:10:06.367 T:14420  NOTICE: CDSPlayer::OpenFile - DSPlayer: Opening: bluray://smb%3a%2f%2fMEDIASERVER%2fFilms%20Anim%c3%a9s%2fMainMovie%2fCOCO.BLURAY%2f/BDMV/PLAYLIST/00000.mpls
00:10:06.372 T:14420  NOTICE: CDSPlayer::OpenFileInternal - DSPlayer: Opening: bluray://smb%3a%2f%2fMEDIASERVER%2fFilms%20Anim%c3%a9s%2fMainMovie%2fCOCO.BLURAY%2f/BDMV/PLAYLIST/00000.mpls
00:10:06.373 T:4072  NOTICE: CDSPlayer:Tonguerocess - Creating DS Graph
00:10:06.381 T:4072  NOTICE: Loading filter core factory settings from special://profile/dsplayer/filtersconfig.xml (filters configuration).
00:10:06.381 T:4072  NOTICE: Loading filter core factory settings from special://xbmc/system/players/dsplayer/filtersconfig.xml (filters configuration).
00:10:06.391 T:4072  NOTICE: Loading filter core factory settings from special://profile/dsplayer/mediasconfig.xml (medias configuration).
00:10:06.391 T:4072  NOTICE: Loading filter core factory settings from special://xbmc/system/players/dsplayer/mediasconfig.xml (medias configuration).
00:10:06.393 T:4072  NOTICE: Successfully loaded rules
00:10:06.395 T:4072   ERROR: CFGLoader::LoadFilterRules Extension "mpls" not found. Please check mediasconfig.xml
00:10:06.395 T:4072   ERROR: CFGManager::RenderFileXbmc Failed to load filters rules
00:10:06.395 T:4072   ERROR: CDSPlayer:Tonguerocess - Failed creating DS Graph
00:10:06.395 T:14420   ERROR: PlayMedia could not play media: smb://MEDIASERVER/Films Animés/MainMovie/COCO.BLURAY/BDMV/index.bdmv
merci!
(2019-09-20, 04:31)Warner306 Wrote:

DVD's are 29.97 fps telecined, so you need to deinterlace them with film-based deinterlacing (IVTC) to get back to 24p.

To accomplish this, you must use DXVA2 (copy-back) video decoding and enable deinterlacing and automatic source detection in madVR.     
Warner you're a genius! Your suggestions worked perfectly! I've enabled these settings only for the 540p25 profile which are in bold when activated in madvr. I'm assuming those settings are not needed for the 540p60 profile, yes? Thanks again for your suggestions, genius!
(2019-09-20, 04:32)Warner306 Wrote:
(2019-09-20, 00:16)DonAnthony Wrote: Hello !

Tony

DSPlayer doesn't play nice with BDMV folders. Try JRiver Media Center or MPC-BE as an external player.   
I had this problem a while back. Make sure you have System>Settings>Player>Discs>Blu-ray>Blu-ray playback mode>Play main movie and not Simplified menu or Blu-ray menu...
(2019-09-20, 09:13)goofer69 Wrote:
(2019-09-20, 04:32)Warner306 Wrote: DSPlayer doesn't play nice with BDMV folders. Try JRiver Media Center or MPC-BE as an external player.     
I had this problem a while back. Make sure you have System>Settings>Player>Discs>Blu-ray>Blu-ray playback mode>Play main movie and not Simplified menu or Blu-ray menu...   

I tried and kodi did nothing when I click on a movie !

Are you able to read bdmv with dsplayers?
(2019-09-20, 17:45)DonAnthony Wrote:
(2019-09-20, 09:13)goofer69 Wrote:

I tried and kodi did nothing when I click on a movie !

Are you able to read bdmv with dsplayers?  

I finally managed to read my bdmv with dsplayer / madvr / lavfilter !!
I am so happy, thank you all !!!

goofer, you were right, i have to set bluray disk to play the movie and not Simplified menu or Blu-ray menu !! merci !!
  • 493(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kodi DSPlayer – DirectShow Player for Windows47