• 74(current)
iOS App Signer - Install Kodi without Jailbreak (iOS and tvOS)
(2018-12-08, 20:30)kavy Wrote: Has anyone been successful in getting the iOS signer to work with Xcode 10.1 and Mojave?

I am assuming the issue is Xcode 10.1 based as it had worked previously. The error is the unable to fix error.
 Just want to put it out there that apple pushed a "Additional resources" package to Xcode 10.1 last week and the iOS singer is working just fine for me again. I do not know if it was the package or if it was user error (I'm guess it was my fault with me doing something wrong but who knows)
(2018-11-11, 11:51)cuba1 Wrote: Hi Guys,

I have a small problem that I get the error message: App installation failed. This application does not support this kind of device.

I have a Apple TV. I selected in Xcode also tvOS. I go step by step the instructions for Xcode and iOS App Signer. Tried the unstable release 18.0 Beta 5 also stable release 17.6.

But have the same error message.

Thank you in advance for your support.
(2018-11-11, 11:51)cuba1 Wrote: Hi Guys,

I have a small problem that I get the error message: App installation failed. This application does not support this kind of device.

I have a Apple TV. I selected in Xcode also tvOS. I go step by step the instructions for Xcode and iOS App Signer. Tried the unstable release 18.0 Beta 5 also stable release 17.6.

But have the same error message.

Thank you in advance for your support.

There is no release 18.0 tvOS. I am guessing you are using the iOS version of kodi and trying to install it on tvOS which will not work. You need to use the tvOS version.
I have the same exact problem.
Followed instructions and at the last step, this ipa installation, I get this error: "App installation failed. This application does not support this kind of device."

I have Apple TV 4k
MBP Mojave 10.14.5
Xcode 10.2.1
iOS App Signer 1.12

Hope to get some help here.
Thanks very much!
Hi,

I'm new here and pretty noob with this.
I would like to install kodi on ipad air IOS 12.3.1
I'm getting error in the end, when I'm installing app on ipad.

"This application does not support this device's CPU type"

Any Idea what I'm doing wrong? 
Thanks for any help
(2019-07-22, 18:52)ugurundu Wrote: Hi,

I'm new here and pretty noob with this.
I would like to install kodi on ipad air IOS 12.3.1
I'm getting error in the end, when I'm installing app on ipad.

"This application does not support this device's CPU type"

Any Idea what I'm doing wrong? 
Thanks for any help

Are you signing the 64 bit deb file?
I had used this one. 

org.xbmc.kodi-ios_17.2-0_iphoneos-arm.deb
so you are right ... trying x64
has anybody tried this with tvos 13 beta 2 yet?
Dan,

Just recently all versions of your program iOS App Signer on my iMac [10.14.6] are now unable to launch and the icon has been replaced with the system, ghost circle with line through it.  Has anyone else witnessed this occurring, or is it my computer issue only.  I have a work-around, by opening the zip file each time, which produces the correct window and it all works fine, but I cannot launch as a stand alone app in the applications folder any longer.....very strange.

Thanks

Solution I found worked:  Deleted all versions, including latest version 1.13, emptied trash, and restart computer.  Re-install from zip file and all appears to work just fine.
Great tutorial. Recently installed on my iPad. Perfect working. Thanks
I have the same problem as mentioned above. "App installation failed. This application does not support this kind of device." at the very last step.
I´m all new to MAC, so it took me a great of time to finally make it to this last step, had errors with the profiles before this but sorted that thing out.

Any ideas on how to proceed? Can I in Xcode somehow change something?

Running the latest version on Apple TV 4K. Running Mojave via Virtual Box. Latest Xcode installed.

I did manage to get Popcorn Time running (I think, doing this now at work via Teamviewer, so I haven't checked the apple TV yet).
@Akerhage - as Popcorn Time is a piracy banned addon (wiki), you've just rendered your device totally unsupported here by installing it.

Please actually read the forum rules (wiki) that you accepted and agreed to abide by when you created your account here.
|Banned add-ons (wiki)|Forum rules (wiki)|VPN policy (wiki)|First time user (wiki)|FAQs (wiki) Troubleshooting (wiki)|Add-ons (wiki)|Free content (wiki)|Debug Log (wiki)|

Kodi Blog Posts
(2019-09-20, 10:32)DarrenHill Wrote: @Akerhage - as Popcorn Time is a piracy banned addon (wiki), you've just rendered your device totally unsupported here by installing it.

Please actually read the forum rules (wiki) that you accepted and agreed to abide by when you created your account here.

I did not know about that (Popcorn being a piracy), sorry. So for that reason I cannot get any Kodi-related help. OK.
I cannot see anything about me just saying that I tried to install popcorn time? I havent posted any links about that, not asking help about that. My discussion is not at all related to this. I´m new to this and I tried to install apps on the apple tv only to see how xcode works, never tried this earlier.

My question here only relates to Kodi.
Simple rule - we do not offer any support to a device which contains any banned addons (wiki), with the sole exception of attempting to assist in their removal.

No matter what the reported issue is. So if you want our help, any such installed addon must be removed.
|Banned add-ons (wiki)|Forum rules (wiki)|VPN policy (wiki)|First time user (wiki)|FAQs (wiki) Troubleshooting (wiki)|Add-ons (wiki)|Free content (wiki)|Debug Log (wiki)|

Kodi Blog Posts
(2019-09-20, 20:44)DarrenHill Wrote: Simple rule - we do not offer any support to a device which contains any banned addons (wiki), with the sole exception of attempting to assist in their removal.

No matter what the reported issue is. So if you want our help, any such installed addon must be removed.

I understand. Popcorn is uninstalled. Never even started the app. 
So giving you the new problems. I have Mojave 10.14.6 running on Virtual Box. With Xcode 11. I did change Deployment Target to 12.4 for my Apple TV 4K.
If clicking the build (Play-button) I got some errors in Xcode that I clicked on "fix" to solve. 

I then signed the Kodi-file with my provisioning profile that I just created in Xcode. After I installed Kodi from Devices and Simulators-window Im trying to start Kodi from my apple tv. 
But it only freezes, never starts up. Any ideas?
  • 74(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
iOS App Signer - Install Kodi without Jailbreak (iOS and tvOS)8