Solved TV series keep ending up in Genius series
Hi all,

I can't get some of my children's TV series to show up on Kodi. For example, I have Dinotrux. I use tvdb.com as a scraper, and I've renamed the files like Dinotrux - S01E02 - Scrapadactyls.mp4 which should be fine imo. But Kodi constantly adds the episodes to Genius series. I also tried to use season maps, but that doens't work either. It happens with multiple TV series, and I really have no clue what I do wrong. At my own profile this problem doesn't occur. What do i do wrong?
What's the name of the folder they're stored in?
Also run a debug log while scanning the show.
What is the name of the folder that the show files are stored in? And what is the directory tree structure of your source between its root and that folder?

TV shows need to be set up in a fairly specific way to get the scraper to read them properly, see this wiki page for details on that.
|Banned add-ons (wiki)|Forum rules (wiki)|VPN policy (wiki)|First time user (wiki)|FAQs (wiki) Troubleshooting (wiki)|Add-ons (wiki)|Free content (wiki)|Debug Log (wiki)|

Kodi Blog Posts
(2019-09-22, 10:44)Geasto Wrote: But Kodi constantly adds the episodes to Genius series
Is this Genius series an existing show you have in your library or is your Dinotrux show being incorrectly scraped as Genius?
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
(2019-09-22, 11:15)Karellen Wrote:
(2019-09-22, 10:44)Geasto Wrote: But Kodi constantly adds the episodes to Genius series
Is this Genius series an existing show you have in your library or is your Dinotrux show being incorrectly scraped as Genius? 
It's being incorrectly scraped. My structure is Series\Dinotrux\Season 1\Dinotrux - S01E02 - Scrapadactyls.mp4. I've also tried Series\Dinotrux\Dinotrux - S01E02 - Scrapadactyls.mp4. In the kodi log I can only see that it's not able to scrape it correctly.
@Geasto

We need a Debug Log which captures the scrape of the show. Also a link to the show at TVDB.
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
If you open the source in videos > files view, check each folder level (context menu and then change content) that the "Selected folder contains a single TV show" is set only from the Dinotrux level and downwards, and that it's not set above that (the "Series" level).

I would suspect that it's set wrongly (at the Series level), and so it's trying to scrape everything in the tree as one series, and the first thing it's picking up it's associating with "Genius".
|Banned add-ons (wiki)|Forum rules (wiki)|VPN policy (wiki)|First time user (wiki)|FAQs (wiki) Troubleshooting (wiki)|Add-ons (wiki)|Free content (wiki)|Debug Log (wiki)|

Kodi Blog Posts
(2019-09-22, 12:24)DarrenHill Wrote: If you open the source in videos > files view, check each folder level (context menu and then change content) that the "Selected folder contains a single TV show" is set only from the Dinotrux level and downwards, and that it's not set above that (the "Series" level).

I would suspect that it's set wrongly (at the Series level), and so it's trying to scrape everything in the tree as one series, and the first thing it's picking up it's associating with "Genius".
Thanks for the suggestion. Unfortunately this is not the case :-(
Ok, here we go:

The log: http://paste.kodi.tv/caneqazafi

The problem happens with these TV series:

https://www.thetvdb.com/series/dinotrux
https://www.thetvdb.com/series/h2o-mermaid-adventures
https://www.thetvdb.com/series/tip-the-mouse

Thanks for helping out so far!
As I suspected it looks like you've set the Kinderen folder as the TV show root folder because this is what happened when I added a dummy TV show called 'series' to my setup.

So in your setup Kodi thinks that the next folder (series) is a show and scrapes it as Genius Series.
Hmm, odd as there's nothing in the scanned sources which could be misinterpreted as "Genius", at least from a quick look at that log.

How are your sources set up? I see it's based around smb://DISKSTATION/video/Kinderen with Movies and Series sub-folders, but how exactly are things set up. Where are the root levels set for the movies and tv shows sources?

Kodi Blog Posts
Thanks! I've (you) solved the problem. Only for the children I used a sub folder named Kinderen. In that folder I created:
smb://DISKSTATION/video/Kinderen/Series/
smb://DISKSTATION/video/Kinderen/Films/

the problem was that the sub folder Kinderen was the root folder was set to movies, as Hitcher already noticed. I've now changed it to:

smb://DISKSTATION/video/Kinderen series
smb://DISKSTATION/video/Kinderen films

The problem was that some of the TV series were scraped correctly, so I didn't suspect this to be the problem. Thanks for helping me out!
You're welcome - glad we could get you sorted out Wink

Thread marked solved.

Kodi Blog Posts

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
TV series keep ending up in Genius series0