• 1(current)
WIP TV Tunes
I've been granted permission from the Kodi Team to revive the TVTunes add-on.

It is available on my Kodi repo @ https://holybid.com/kodi/lattsrepo/maste....lattsrepo.

This version has all the features of the final version released by the previous author. The only difference is that the add-on is now a service instead of a script.

Kodi 17.6/18.x
v1.0.1 (released 11/01/19) - Per scott967's request, I removed the video plugin extension from addon.xml so that TVTunes does not appear in the Video Add-ons list.
v1.0.2 (released 07/15/20) - One bug fix. Click here for more info.
v1.0.3 (released 02/22/23) - Bug fixes. Click here for more info.
v1.0.4 (released 02/24/23) - One addition. Click here for more info.
v1.0.5 (released 06/09/23) - Maintenance. Click here for more info.
v1.0.6 (Forgot to update the repo with this release)
v1.0.7 (released 11/09/23) - Maintenance. Click here for more info.

Kodi 19.x/20.x/21
v2.0.0 (released 10/26/20) - Initial release for Kodi 19.
v2.0.1 (released 11/4/20) - Fixed a handful of reported errors.
v2.0.2 (released 04/19/21) - Updated service.py.
v2.0.3 (released 05/10/21) - Read here for more info.
v2.0.4 (released 07/24/21) - Updated service.py.
v2.0.5 (released 02/22/23) - Bug fixes. Click here for more info.
v2.0.6 (released 02/24/23) - One addition. Click here for more info.
v2.0.7 (released 03/01/23) - One bug fix. Click here for more info.
v2.0.8 (released 06/09/23) - Maintenance. Click here for more info.
v2.0.9 (Forgot to update the repo with this release)
v2.1.0 (released 11/09/23) - A bug fix. Click here for more info.
v2.1.1 (released 01/27/24) - A few bug fixes. Click here for more info.
(2019-09-21, 16:38)latts9923 Wrote: I've been granted permission from the Kodi Team to revive the TvTunes Add-on.

You can test out the newest version at my GitHub repo.

This version has all the features of the final version released by the previous author. The only difference is that the Add-on is now a service instead of a script. I've tested this with Leia and it seems to be working fine.

I've scrubbed the repo's wiki page and removed all references to downloading content. I ask that the Kodi Team verify that everything is good to go and give me a "thumbs up" that it's ready for the official Kodi repo. Thanks in advance!
Thank you very much matey!

I'm working on some things on my test rig before getting it all on my drives for my Shield, will give this a test run Smile
@latts9923

Thanks for all the hard work! I've installed the add-on to my LibreELEC 9.X machine (Kodi 19 Alpha1, Milhouse build #909, Aeon Nox 5 SiLVO skin) and it works very well, just like I remember  Big Grin .
Matrix 19.x (LE), Aeon Nox SiLVO, NUC8i5BEK (i5-8259U, Intel Iris Plus Graphics 655, 16 GB ram, 128 GB M.2 SSD)
Samsung F6300 46" LED LCD TV, SMSL Q5 Pro amplifier, Pioneer HPM-100 speakers
Synology DS215j NAS fileserver (WD Gold 10TB x 2)
Just got round to a test.. working great!

Managed to figure out how to get it to play the theme.ext file whilst browsing movies and tv shows, and loop them too! Looping the theme was something I wanted in a particular skin, but the skinner couldn't implement it, but this addon does it nicely.

I have 1000+ Movies and counting.. I have soundtracks for most tv shows and movies, and now, thanks to you, I'm going to be buying a fair few more Smile

I thoroughly recommend this album by Hans Zimmer for movie collections:
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Music-Hans-Zimm...F8&qid=&sr=
There's a few themes from a good number of movies to choose from for use with this addon.

ImageImage

Edit: Ok, clearly, I don't know how to post images here.
(2019-09-21, 22:38)Rippoholic Wrote: Edit: Ok, clearly, I don't know how to post images here.
If the image is on your computer, then use button 19.
If the image has already been uploaded to a public image hosting site, right click the image and select Copy image location then use button 14 and paste the link
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
(2019-09-21, 22:49)Karellen Wrote:
(2019-09-21, 22:38)Rippoholic Wrote: Edit: Ok, clearly, I don't know how to post images here.
If the image is on your computer, then use button 19.
If the image has already been uploaded to a public image hosting site, right click the image and select Copy image location then use button 14 and paste the link

Ah, thank you Smile

You're teaching me how to use the forum now too..
Great work!

Does that mean TV Melodies is now obsolete? What's the difference?
(2019-09-22, 03:30)Cinephile Wrote: Great work!

Does that mean TV Melodies is now obsolete? What's the difference?

I've not heard of that one, so I'm not sure.
@Rippoholic
You're welcome! Glad it's working for you. Hans Zimmer's music is awesome! That was my dream job in college...soundtrack composer.

@Cinephile
TV Melodies is still a good Add-on to use for playing themes, but TVTunes offers more options and functionality.
(2019-09-23, 03:02)latts9923 Wrote: @Rippoholic
You're welcome! Glad it's working for you. Hans Zimmer's music is awesome! That was my dream job in college...soundtrack composer.

You're never to old to follow a dream Wink

Absolutely loving this addon, ripping parts of audio from my movies that I don't have the soundtrack to to use as a theme.mp3 Smile
@Rippoholic

I'm actually working on an orchestral piece for an idea I've had in my head for a while.

I'm also working on the TVTunes Screensaver. I'll create a thread for it as well as soon as it's ready.
(2019-09-25, 18:00)latts9923 Wrote: @Rippoholic

I'm actually working on an orchestral piece for an idea I've had in my head for a while.

I'm also working on the TVTunes Screensaver. I'll create a thread for it as well as soon as it's ready.

That's great! Would love to hear it when you've finished it Smile I'm always writing songs, pretty 'raw and lived' kind of songs. I've written poems since I was around 11, sung since 8 and picked up a guitar at 35.. I was inspired and encouraged to start writing again, so it's all come as a bit of passion now. I can't put music to lyrics yet, but I'm working with some people who are helping. Need to learn to sing and play at the same time too, which I'm working on.. it's not pretty Wink

Oh that'll be good. I'll keep my eye out for that. I've tested this addon on a few of my devices now, works like a charm Smile
(2019-09-23, 03:02)latts9923 Wrote: @Cinephile
TV Melodies is still a good Add-on to use for playing themes, but TVTunes offers more options and functionality.

I am the creator of TV Melodies and if @latts9923 has this up and working then yes there will be no need for TV Melodies as I was just trying to fill the gap where this addon had previously been banned.
Shield TV | Windows 10 | Mariadb | Mii Box
Evolve Ecosystem Repo | TV Melodies | Madnox Holiday Mod
Thanks for the addon. I use Emby for Kodi. Emby server has a plugin for video themes. The structure is /movie title/backdrops/theme.mp4

The backdrops folder itself and everything inside is hidden. I believe it's setup this way to tell Emby to ignore when scanning the library. 

Is there a way to add this to TVTunes? I tried adding backdrops to the subdirectoy in the settings and didn't work.
Do you still need Beautifulsoup and Requests modules?

update:

Also, when installed it appears as a "video add-on".  Probably should be a service?  You could remove the video plugin source extension from addon.xml.  You might also consider renaming the addon id to service.tvtunes and adjusting your references.

update2:

I guess I had found an older version on github and see now that it is defined as service.tvtunes so ignore that.

scott s.
maintainer of skin  Aeon MQ5 mods for post-Gotham Kodi releases:
Matrix see: Aeon MQ5 Mod Matrix release thread
Nexus see: Aeon MQ5 Mod Nexus release thread
Aeon MQ 5 skin and addon repo 11.1.0
  • 1(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
TV Tunes1