• 373(current)
[RELEASE] Rom Collection Browser - Browse and launch emulator game ROMs
(2019-08-05, 08:10)malte Wrote:
(2019-08-05, 00:07)Duimon Wrote: I think you are misunderstanding me. The way it is in my current setup, I have all my artwork (much of it custom) in predefined folders. I have my ROMs where I want them. I have an NFO folder configured. If I want to add a new smaller System to the line-up I can manually create NFO files and quickly import everything into RCB by selecting the local NFO file method. (No addition files are needed, only the proper settings) I can without very much trouble (Only time) even re-import all 8000 ROMs and 37 systems. With the new method RCB asks for an additional xml games list to actually import games, then it does indeed pull game descriptions from my NFO files. I have found the instructions to obtain these XML files but they are using scene naming standards, I am not. I see no benefit in the new xml requirement. I suppose I could come up with an automatic way to create an XML in the proper format based on my ROMs but please, why should I have to? You obviously wrote the code requiring the new XML. I am having a hard time understanding why you seemingly don't understand the change I am referencing. 
If you have your nfo files and artwork in place there is no need for any additional files. Just choose any scraper in the import or config dialog (online or offline does not matter as it isn't used anyway). If you choose offline you will be asked to point RCB to an additional description file (I think this is the point that we are talking about). But in this dialog you can point to any file, it can even be a picture or anything else. This file won't be used during import process if you import your games with nfo files.

I also don't like the way it works now and I will change the behaviour with the next release. The nfo option will go back to the import options dialog again. And if you choose this, you won't need to select any scraper or dummy files.

If I am still misunderstanding you, please show me an example of the xml file you are talking about. 
When I tested it before I pointed it to real description file and it worked. I also tried a description XML with just a header (as was suggested somewhere) and it failed. I haven't tried to point it to a dummy file that is not an XML file. I will do so.

On a side note. I have been having trouble convincing the developer of Aeon MQ8 that some problems I have been having are a skin bug. In case they really aren't... do you have any idea why RCB wont play gameplay videos or remember view settings in MQ8?
Make sure that you enable the setting "prefer local nfo files if available" before you import the games.

I will look into the mq8 issue.
(2019-08-04, 07:50)malte Wrote:
trihy Wrote:Mame scanning is really bad. Cant get proper names list on most games after scanning Mame roms.
Hi malte

Id sent you some pictures some time ago about mame problem.

Most games just get the rom filename instead of proper name. 

I will configure mame on rcb again and send you some pictures. Only a few get the proper name. Problem atm is I have invisible items ui on rcb on kodi 19, it will be a little hard to add a rom collection. Will see what can I do.

(2019-08-08, 07:14)malte Wrote: Make sure that you enable the setting "prefer local nfo files if available" before you import the games.

I will look into the mq8 issue.

I did as you recommended. I installed 2.2.3, went through the setup process, selected the "artwork and info are both local" setting, pointed to all my artwork, and when asked for "GAME-DATABASE-INFO" selected a dummy.png, and no games were found. This is the problem I had before that could only be resolved with a database.xml. I have my NFO folder defined and "prefer local nfo files if available".
(2019-08-12, 02:14)Duimon Wrote: I did as you recommended. I installed 2.2.3, went through the setup process, selected the "artwork and info are both local" setting, pointed to all my artwork, and when asked for "GAME-DATABASE-INFO" selected a dummy.png, and no games were found. This is the problem I had before that could only be resolved with a database.xml. I have my NFO folder defined and "prefer local nfo files if available". 

I tested exactly this and it worked as expected. Can you show me a log file after you tried to import your games? Please make sure that you enable Kodi debug logging. Otherwise I won't see any RCB data in the log.
(2019-08-13, 07:58)malte Wrote:
(2019-08-12, 02:14)Duimon Wrote: I did as you recommended. I installed 2.2.3, went through the setup process, selected the "artwork and info are both local" setting, pointed to all my artwork, and when asked for "GAME-DATABASE-INFO" selected a dummy.png, and no games were found. This is the problem I had before that could only be resolved with a database.xml. I have my NFO folder defined and "prefer local nfo files if available". 

I tested exactly this and it worked as expected. Can you show me a log file after you tried to import your games? Please make sure that you enable Kodi debug logging. Otherwise I won't see any RCB data in the log. 
I did some more testing and turns out it is entirely an MQ8 thing. I tested on multiple skins and on all but MQ8 it works as you said. With the support forum for MQ8 flat out refusing to address this issue I am moving forward using another skin. Thank you for your help, it was invaluable.
(2019-08-13, 15:42)Duimon Wrote:
(2019-08-13, 07:58)malte Wrote:

I did some more testing and turns out it is entirely an MQ8 thing. I tested on multiple skins and on all but MQ8 it works as you said. With the support forum for MQ8 flat out refusing to address this issue I am moving forward using another skin. Thank you for your help, it was invaluable.    
Another question... I am accustomed to using the VB Script to close Kodi while running my emulators... it is important to me when managing my system volume. Any way of getting this feature back?

Edit: seems the new build this feature works, must have missed that. Also the fix that was posted for view mode works. All I need now is the gameplay videos working. Actually... the only artwork that is being shown is the poster icons at the bottom (Multiplex View) no fanart, screenshots, video or anything else.

I am convinced that this is an MQ8 Issue and can get everything to work with the MQ7 Mod and confluence RCB skin but miss the consistent interface setting of MQ7 before Leia.

I have put another request in at the MQ8 thread. Maybe someone who knows someone can ask the right person to take a look. Please.
(2019-08-16, 12:49)Duimon Wrote:
(2019-08-13, 15:42)Duimon Wrote:
(2019-08-13, 07:58)malte Wrote: I tested exactly this and it worked as expected. Can you show me a log file after you tried to import your games? Please make sure that you enable Kodi debug logging. Otherwise I won't see any RCB data in the log.     
Another question... I am accustomed to using the VB Script to close Kodi while running my emulators... it is important to me when managing my system volume. Any way of getting this feature back?

Edit: seems the new build this feature works, must have missed that. Also the fix that was posted for view mode works. All I need now is the gameplay videos working. Actually... the only artwork that is being shown is the poster icons at the bottom (Multiplex View) no fanart, screenshots, video or anything else.

I am convinced that this is an MQ8 Issue and can get everything to work with the MQ7 Mod and confluence RCB skin but miss the consistent interface setting of MQ7 before Leia.

I have put another request in at the MQ8 thread. Maybe someone who knows someone can ask the right person to take a look. Please.  

Well. It turns out MQ8 works almost fine with the version of RBC in the official repository. (I guess I can't really fault them for not updating the MQ8 RCB skin files) The only problem I have left is it still won't play gameplay videos. Any suggestions?
(2019-08-18, 15:17)Duimon Wrote:
(2019-08-16, 12:49)Duimon Wrote:
(2019-08-13, 15:42)Duimon Wrote: I did some more testing and turns out it is entirely an MQ8 thing. I tested on multiple skins and on all but MQ8 it works as you said. With the support forum for MQ8 flat out refusing to address this issue I am moving forward using another skin. Thank you for your help, it was invaluable.     

Well. It turns out MQ8 works almost fine with the version of RBC in the official repository. (I guess I can't really fault them for not updating the MQ8 RCB skin files) The only problem I have left is it still won't play gameplay videos. Any suggestions?     

Dug into the code myself... took me hours since I am not an expert.. but I found the problem... I posted the solution in the MQ8 thread... here Everything works using RCB 2.1.3 as it used to in MQ7.

Edit: Seems the additional artwork doesn't display on the info screen :-(         Not perfect but I think I can live with it if I have to. I really have no idea where to start looking to fix that.
Can't point to external android emulator
Is it possible to use more than one screenshot per game?
(2019-09-24, 20:49)Kupo91 Wrote: Is it possible to use more than one screenshot per game?

É possível apenas uma imagem por jogo, você pode escolhee baixar elas online ou usar o as imagens salvas no computador. O meamo se aplica as outras artes e vídeos, apenas um por jogo.
Eu fiz algumas alterações no RCB para ficar o máximo possível em português, hoje tenho pronto os sistemas Atari, Master System, Mega Drive, Nintendo, Super Nintendo, estou entrando em na fase do sistema de Fliperama, a minha dificuldade é homem é lançar o N64 através do Retroarch no Android, alguém poderia me ajudar xomo fazer, esrou desesperado, um sistema bonito mas incompleto : /

As minha modificações https://youtu.be/KWcytdOAzzs
Quote:É possível apenas uma imagem por jogo, você pode escolhee baixar elas online ou usar o as imagens salvas no computador. O meamo se aplica as outras artes e vídeos, apenas um por jogo.

Sure? I think I've read somewhere that it's possible. I just can't find it anymore.

Quote:Eu fiz algumas alterações no RCB para ficar o máximo possível em português, hoje tenho pronto os sistemas Atari, Master System, Mega Drive, Nintendo, Super Nintendo, estou entrando em na fase do sistema de Fliperama, a minha dificuldade é homem é lançar o N64 através do Retroarch no Android, alguém poderia me ajudar xomo fazer, esrou desesperado, um sistema bonito mas incompleto : /

How does your RCB config file look like?
(2019-09-25, 20:02)juniors.paulo Wrote: Eu fiz algumas alterações no RCB para ficar o máximo possível em português, hoje tenho pronto os sistemas Atari, Master System, Mega Drive, Nintendo, Super Nintendo, estou entrando em na fase do sistema de Fliperama, a minha dificuldade é homem é lançar o N64 através do Retroarch no Android, alguém poderia me ajudar xomo fazer, esrou desesperado, um sistema bonito mas incompleto : /

May I ask what skin you are using and what version of RCB?

Posso perguntar qual skin você está usando e qual versão do RCB?
  • 373(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] Rom Collection Browser - Browse and launch emulator game ROMs20