Bug TV Show episode Cast issue w/TVDB addon
Bug 
I am not 100% certain if this is a bug, but I was advised to post it in here regarding the Cast issue not showing up for TV Show episodes while the show is in progress, and pressing info on my remote using LibreELEC 9.0.2 or newer. I was told that it may quite possibly be an issue with the addon not adding the information to the DB table. I did notice while watching an episode last night that the Cast did indeed show when I pressed the Info key on my remote, but it is not so for almost 99% of TV Shows in my library. I have reinstalled LE countless times, but it is still the same. I do not have this issue on a completely separate Windows installation using kodi-18.4-Leia-x64. It is not connected to any of my normally used media. I have re-scraped my library over and over, but it just doesn't work as it should. Hopefully someone can look into this issue at some point.

I apologize if this is the wrong forum to post this in. Thank you in advance.

Regards,

Shedrock
(2019-09-27, 23:51)shedrock Wrote: regarding the Cast issue not showing up for TV Show episodes while the show is in progress
You mean while a tv episode is playing and you cannot see it in the OSD overlay? or do you mean that some episodes are watched, some unwatched so the entire show is "in progress" and when marked as in progress no actors show up?
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
@Karellen - Hopefully, this https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=342363 will show you what I am referring to. I also left a post on the LE forums Here
that is why it sounded familiar. @DaVu is handling that one, so I'll leave you in his hands.

Seems many of your problems are LibreELEC related. So I think you should be posting in their forums, rather than here. As you can see we are sort of running in circles because we cannot replicate any of your issues.
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
please delete
@shedrock 

I doubt that this is an implementation error. But also not 100% sure, tbh Wink.  But I can't reproduce your issue on Linux (Ubuntu). Using AeonMQ8 at that OS (Ubuntu) shows the cast where it doesn't seem to be the case on LibreELEC (at least for you). I just checked on my LibreELEC install and there the cast is shown on the specific screen (info screen during video playback). But I use a Linux machine for scraping and import via NFO only on my LE machine.

How are you scraping your media? Are you using a MySQL db?
(2019-09-28, 10:56)DaVu Wrote: @shedrock 

I doubt that this is an implementation error. But also not 100% sure, tbh Wink.  But I can't reproduce your issue on Linux (Ubuntu). Using AeonMQ8 at that OS (Ubuntu) shows the cast where it doesn't seem to be the case on LibreELEC (at least for you). I just checked on my LibreELEC install and there the cast is shown on the specific screen (info screen during video playback). But I use a Linux machine for scraping and import via NFO only on my LE machine.

How are you scraping your media? Are you using a MySQL db?
I am just using whatever LE comes with. In a previous thread (https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid...pid2838578) I believe you said you reproduce the issue.

The thing is this. I have my main LE box, plus I have 4 other test boxes that I've tried this on. I can't be installing all of them incorrectly using LE, but then at the same time getting the Windows installs right every time. Besides, I believe Da Flex over at the LE forums may be right, and it could be in fact an addon issue specific to LE because it works 100% correctly on Windows.

As I mentioned before, watch what happens when I pull up the cast info during playback, then watch the images to show what happens when I load it from my "Episodes in Progress" widget. You will see that I am resuming it from there and it works 100% of the time. It is also not a skin issue because I have tried it with every skin that displays the cast during playback.

@DaVu @Karellen 

I just wanted to post a small clip of me going thorugh the motions of showing that the Cast issue works directly from Videos > Source and not from the TV Show wall, and it's not a skin issue. I have tried every skin compatible with Kodi that shows the Cast while playing the video and pulling up the info.

Regards,

Shedrock

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
TV Show episode Cast issue w/TVDB addon0